Sign in to follow this  
The Beer Inspector

What Did My Commish Do Here?(Image)

What was the change? If your league allows you to sub in/out players that haven't played yet, maybe you commish was doing that for someone who couldn't get to a computer.

I always give a heads up and/or an explanation of any changes that are or were made. He's not doing his job.

Not saying he cheated but why leave a doubt?

He did change a line up w/o question.

What was the change? If your league allows you to sub in/out players that haven't played yet, maybe you commish was doing that for someone who couldn't get to a computer.

I forgot to note this in my original post, but the move was made for his(commissioner) team. Im not exactly sure what he change he made. My guess is kevin smith for Redman during the 4-415 games.

I just dont know how to approach this.

I always give a heads up and/or an explanation of any changes that are or were made. He's not doing his job.

Not saying he cheated but why leave a doubt?

He did change a line up w/o question.

Does he have the power to change his line up for player that has already played(kevin smith) for a player that is about to player(Redman) a 4-415pm est game?

I call B.S. - No he can't do that. I'd call him out on it - email the league & post to the league message board.

Cheating!

Our commish can change after the fact if he received a vm, email before kickoff. Maybe a buddy emailed him because he didn't have access to a computer to make a change and he did it after the game started. Don't get so bent out of shape.

He used his commissioner login to override the system lock so he could change his lineup after the deadline. Is this guy holding your league's money?

Nah, somebody else is holding it.

Regardless of the excuse he gives me, this is a big no, no. How should I approach this? Send him a personal message or address via yahoo messageboards?

Regardless of the excuse he gives me, this is a big no, no. How should I approach this? Send him a personal message or address via yahoo messageboards?

If he has a time stamp of someone asking for the change before kickoff, it's legit, ask for that first.

Our commish can change after the fact if he received a vm, email before kickoff. Maybe a buddy emailed him because he didn't have access to a computer to make a change and he did it after the game started. Don't get so bent out of shape.

The change was for his own team.

Judging by the team in your sig, your loss was imminent anyways. :dunno:

Judging by the team in your sig, your loss was imminent anyways. :dunno:

Well it's not like everyone can share your god-given natural talent at FF. Give the guy a break.

It's a pretty solid team for last year. I've been a little lazy and haven't changed my sig.

You are responding to a guy who last week traded away Ray Rice, Vernon Davis, and DeSean Jackson in order to receive Ahmad Bradshaw, Donald Brown, Jeremy Maclin, and Jacob Tamme.

And no I am not making that up.

Can somebody confirm to me that when you make a line up change via "commish tools" setting, that the change appears immediately on your yahoo league page?

He claims that he made the change before the 1 o'clock game, but yahoo has it around 4-415 pm est. He gave a reason for why he used commish tools, but ill get into that later.

Thanks

If the timestamp on the transaction says it happened at 4:15 ET it happened at 4:15 ET.

Yahoo has perfected it's ability to accurately report what time it is over the years.

Can somebody confirm to me that when you make a line up change via "commish tools" setting, that the change appears immediately on your yahoo league page?

He claims that he made the change before the 1 o'clock game, but yahoo has it around 4-415 pm est. He gave a reason for why he used commish tools, but ill get into that later.

Thanks

Yes, any commish change made via the commish tools on Yahoo shows the time that the change was made. I believe it shows up in the same place the smack talk shows up in the bar at the middle to bottom portion of the page. I don't have my computer handy but I know for a fact it reflects the time any move is made via the commish tools.

Any time I've used that option I always explain the reason for doing so. That way there's no grey area or questioning the move. I'm calling shenanigans on your commish.

Punch. Face. In front of wife & kids.

The only reason for him to use Commish tools is to make a line up change AFTER the game(s) started - otherwise, he could enter the line up using is "regular" team sign in. 100% sure I'm this.

As I've been saying - cheater.

liar and cheater

yup, dude cheated.

As Commish if I ever miss the roster lock I let the person I'm playing know i'll be making the change with my commish powers (I will make changes for any team up until the opening kick of the game in question)

Yes, any commish change made via the commish tools on Yahoo shows the time that the change was made. I believe it shows up in the same place the smack talk shows up in the bar at the middle to bottom portion of the page. I don't have my computer handy but I know for a fact it reflects the time any move is made via the commish tools.

Any time I've used that option I always explain the reason for doing so. That way there's no grey area or questioning the move. I'm calling shenanigans on your commish.

Punch. Face. In front of wife & kids.

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.

Kevin smith Out

Redman IN

He says that he made that change before 1pm est and the reason for using commish tools was because he was having bad internet connection and that using commish tools made it easier b/c it didn't require flash.

If you look at the print screen in the OP, it says 51 mins ago from around 5pm. Right now yahoo only shows "1 day ago" and it will give the exact time stamp when it has been a week. He's claiming that yahoo probably didn't register the change immediatley!!!!!!!!!!!!<<<< wtf

Kevin smith Out

Redman IN

He says that he made that change before 1pm est and the reason for using commish tools was because he was having bad internet connection and that using commish tools made it easier b/c it didn't require flash.

If you look at the print screen in the OP, it says 51 mins ago from around 5pm. Right now yahoo only shows "1 day ago" and it will give the exact time stamp when it has been a week. He's claiming that yahoo probably didn't register the change immediatley!!!!!!!!!!!!<<<< wtf

Haha. What a donkey. And what a stupid excuse. You can switch between "Roster Edit Type: Drag and Drop and Classic" on Yahoo. Classic doesn't use flash. And forking LOL at Yahoo! having the time wrong. Sure bro.

Idiot thought he found a way to be a next level weasel, but forgot he was an utter moron. Oops.

Door + Punch + Family = :banana:

Haha. What a donkey. And what a stupid excuse. You can switch between "Roster Edit Type: Drag and Drop and Classic" on Yahoo. Classic doesn't use flash. And forking LOL at Yahoo! having the time wrong. Sure bro.

Idiot thought he found a way to be a next level weasel, but forgot he was an utter moron. Oops.

Door + Punch + Family = :banana:

You know what his response is going to be if I brought that up. "I didn't think of switching to classic"

he is right.

I called my commish while I was out of town once and had no access to a computer, he made the change on my behalf about 5 or 10 minutes into the game. He explained to the league that was what had happened and it was all good.

Not saying that's what happened here. Maybe you should ask what that was all about and then make your decision.