Sign in to follow this  
pathman

Torrey Smith

I have Torrey Smith and started him last week. However, this week I'm not so sure. He's been dealing with the death in the family all week. I know that has to take a lot out of somebody and also he probably hasn't been involved in any game planning or film study for tonight's game. I'll probably still start him but not expecting much.

Thoughts?

Gameplan vs the Browns? It's called "taking the field".....

:lol: what a smartass!

Gameplan vs the Browns? It's called "taking the field".....

:lol: what a smartass!

If Haden is playing Smith is going to have a very tough time.

I could see Smith not having a great game but more because he is a hot and cold WR. He has a big game then disappears for a few, then has another big game. So, while you may be right I don't think you could know of it was distraction or just normal Torrey. He should go off, though.

The biggest thing that could limit him is Baltimore just dominating this game and not really needing to run up the the score.

I'm rolling out Rice, Smith and Tucker and hope to get good production from the group.

Browns couldnt stop CJ Spiller before he left the game, and Choice had pretty good success in relief..Imagine what Ray Rice will do..I see the Ravens maybe throwing a bit in the first half, but they will definitely run it much more ...

Im in the same boat... Not sure if he will be needed in this game come the second half... My only other option is to put Nate washington or Randle cobb in.. I have a few beers to go before I decide

Fock it, I'm starting him over Maclin. :cheers:

Good luck to anybody else starting him. Haden is out and he's probably still fired up emotionally.

I'm Starting Pitta too so hopefully the rain doesn't get too bad.

I had him out of my lineup as my flex player (Julio and Harvin are my WR's) but I had second thoughts and just put him in. I still kinda feel like he's going to have a quiet game but here's hoping he proves me wrong!

I had him out of my lineup as my flex player (Julio and Harvin are my WR's) but I had second thoughts and just put him in. I still kinda feel like he's going to have a quiet game but here's hoping he proves me wrong!

My reverse psychology worked :headbanger:

I'll just go ahead and say it..I'm a fan....I'm a Torrey Smith fan!!!

Ditto.........gotta love hitting the projected points early. Rest is gravyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. :headbanger:

This was one guy that was unfortunately not on my radar since I didn't drink the preseason Kool-Aid on him.... Kinda wished I did, he looks to have improved his route running & the emergence of Joe Flacco has inflated his value.

Not to mention the gutsy effort he put up on Sunday night against the Patriots... I like having players that ball out when something that is larger than them looms in their personal life. Shows character & the performance to go with it!

This was one guy that was unfortunately not on my radar since I didn't drink the preseason Kool-Aid on him.... Kinda wished I did, he looks to have improved his route running & the emergence of Joe Flacco has inflated his value.

Not to mention the gutsy effort he put up on Sunday night against the Patriots... I like having players that ball out when something that is larger than them looms in their personal life. Shows character & the performance to go with it!

Out of 5 drafts I did not get him in any, and I was targeting him. I was pretty annoyed at myself for not going after him a little earlier. The last draft I had he went in the fifth round, one pick before mine. The guy wasn't even there. He just had some BS predraft rankings he gave to the commish. I ended up trading for him in that league, keeper league, along with Flacco and Spiller. I did give up RG3 and AP but feel that I got more explosive at RB and WR while not taking too much of a hit at QB.

It kind of sucks that he will be drafted high next year as he is probably going to be at least a top 12 WR the rest of the way. He may even be able to be better than that.

Even in those crappy conditions last night, Flacco was glued onto Torrey all night. I figured the weather would benefit Pitta but he was dreadful. Not sure if he was kept in to block more or that the Browns linebackers shadowed him so well?

Thankfully I only went against Torrey in one league last night.

Even in those crappy conditions last night, Flacco was glued onto Torrey all night. I figured the weather would benefit Pitta but he was dreadful. Not sure if he was kept in to block more or that the Browns linebackers shadowed him so well?

Thankfully I only went against Torrey in one league last night.

Well, he seemed far more glued to Boldin, and Rice, which makes sense given the weather conditions.

Baltimore, Boldin 9-131, Rice 8-47, T.Smith 6-97

Out of 5 drafts I did not get him in any, and I was targeting him. I was pretty annoyed at myself for not going after him a little earlier. The last draft I had he went in the fifth round, one pick before mine. The guy wasn't even there. He just had some BS predraft rankings he gave to the commish. I ended up trading for him in that league, keeper league, along with Flacco and Spiller. I did give up RG3 and AP but feel that I got more explosive at RB and WR while not taking too much of a hit at QB.

It kind of sucks that he will be drafted high next year as he is probably going to be at least a top 12 WR the rest of the

way. He may even be able to be better than that.

Wow, tell us more about your team!

Wow, tell us more about your team!

Finally, a smart ass comment i can laugh at. So there was this one time at this draft, and we were getting ready to draft. Then this stripper showed up. Fast forward 5 hours later shes dead and now we are looking for a place to dispose of the evidence. It really was a nice bonding experience for the guys, and i ended up in second that year!

Finally, a smart ass comment i can laugh at. So there was this one time at this draft, and we were getting ready to draft. Then this stripper showed up. Fast forward 5 hours later shes dead and now we are looking for a place to dispose of the evidence. It really was a nice bonding experience for the guys, and i ended up in second that year!

Were Christian Slater and Jon Favareu at your draft?

Were Christian Slater and Jon Favareu at your draft?

Christian slater actually was the pimp. Dude is all business when it comes to his hoes.