Sign in to follow this  
TheNAL24

Trading away Julio Jones...

I am currently sitting at 1-3 with my team short in backs.

Someone offered me Morris and Amendola for Julio and Kendall Hunter. This is a ppr league.

My team is

romo

Julio

Steve Johnson

McCoy

Fred Jackson

Pitta

Pettigrew

Lance Moore

D. Richardson

Pierre Thomas

Jaquiz Rodgers

Matt Schaub

Kendall hunter

As you can see I am very short on backs and Morris would help plus amendola has been a consistent ppr guy.

I am currently sitting at 1-3 with my team short in backs.

Someone offered me Morris and Amendola for Julio and Kendall Hunter. This is a ppr league.

My team is

romo

Julio

Steve Johnson

McCoy

Fred Jackson

Pitta

Pettigrew

Lance Moore

D. Richardson

Pierre Thomas

Jaquiz Rodgers

Matt Schaub

Kendall hunter

As you can see I am very short on backs and Morris would help plus amendola has been a consistent ppr guy.

Scoop that up in a heartbeat.

Your potential trading partner is being swayed by the fact that info Internet-wide is almost exclusively non-ppr. Everywhere you look on major sports sites, Julio Jones is considered a potential top 5 WR, now and for the next decade. And rightfully so, because it may be that no WR has bigger or better big-play potential anywhere in the league.

But in ppr, Amendola is better than him, straight up. Guy is a target machine. He's on pace for 124 receptions, and despite the huge game, that number isn't unsustainable. Double digit looks are going to be the norm moving forward, and since his routes are simple ones, a high conversion % is a slam dunk. Amendola's a top 5 ppr guy now and in dynasty. That you get the better ppr receiver AND the (much) better RB makes the trade a borderline criminal act.

Sure. If you want to hate yourself for giving up on him early then do it. You probably will do it even though its a terrible trade. I bought julio on the cheap, but not that cheap.

Some are selling Julio after this week & I don't understand why. Don't use the Carolina game to influence you. Matty DID look to Julio on long passes but couldn't get the ball off in time. There were about 2-3 drop backs that you could tell were going Julio's way but Ryan was either sacked or had to scramble to avoid the rush. Julio is & will continue to be targeted...the O line just didn't give Ryan enough time to let the deeper plays develop. This won't be the case every week.

I'm in a 10 team keeper league. Is DeMarco Murray for Julio a fair trade? I was just offered Julio for the Cowboy running back. I also have Matt Ryan and that would give me the hook up. My other backs include Forte/Bush, Charles, Spiller, BGE, Leshoure. My WR are Fitz, Nicks, Welker, and Decker. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def. Any opinions? I would assume Julio would fetch more than Morris and Amendola but then again I am not accustomed to the PPR scoring format.

People are really hitting the panic button on Jones. 219 yards and 3 TD's isn't quite what I was expecting a month in, but it aint too shabby either. Nobody remembers week 1? :lol:

Whatever...it's your teams.

I wouldn't sell low on him but he isn't the god that everyone was making him out to be

I wouldn't sell low on him but he isn't the god that everyone was making him out to be

He is going to be that good. I wouldn't trade him.

First it's his hand, now it's the double teams, what excuse will it be next? Look, I'm a roddy owner and I want Julio to be great so I get more open looks to roddy!

First it's his hand, now it's the double teams, what excuse will it be next? Look, I'm a roddy owner and I want Julio to be great so I get more open looks to roddy!

The rumors of Roddy White's demise were premature. He's still pretty studly. So unlike Calvin Johnson and AJ Green, Julio has to share the field with another stud WR. On the one hand that should help Julio because teams have to respect White too. On the other hand, it means that Ryan has another prime target at WR. Depending on game plan or simply game flow Ryan could end up looking at White more in certain games. And don't forget that Gonzo is getting a lot of play, too. I think Julio will be boom or bust this year. (I'm a JJ owner so I've been following him closely since before the FF draft this year.)

I'm in a 10 team keeper league. Is DeMarco Murray for Julio a fair trade? I was just offered Julio for the Cowboy running back. I also have Matt Ryan and that would give me the hook up. My other backs include Forte/Bush, Charles, Spiller, BGE, Leshoure. My WR are Fitz, Nicks, Welker, and Decker. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def. Any opinions? I would assume Julio would fetch more than Morris and Amendola but then again I am not accustomed to the PPR scoring format.

No one is going to give you advice because you play in a league of morons (team is ridiculous). That said, you have 4 potential WR1s -- you don't need Julio.