Sign in to follow this  
icy_water

Buying Low

I want to land Julio Jones on the low, I think he will still be productive. I want to offer this trade and want to know if you as a Julio owner would do it or not? Also, do you think Julio will score more than Percy Harvin in a 0.5 PPR? Thank you.

I give Percy Harvin (MN)& James Jones (GB)

I get Julio Jones (ATL)

0.5 PPR 12 teams. no flex just standard 1,2,2,1,1,1. looking at his receivers, I thought he could use 2 serviceable ones to his one "flop".

My team

QB:Aaron Rodgers

RB:Demarco Murray, Ryan Mathews (Reggie Bush, Doug Martin, Mikel Leshoure)

WR:A.J. Green Greg Jennings (Percy Harvin, James Jones, Dominik Hixon)

TE: Heath Miller (Aaron Hernandez)

His team

QB: Phillip Rivers (Jay Cutler)

RB: Lesean McCoy, Adrian Peterson (DeAngelo Williams)

WR: Julio Jones, Santonio Holmes (Kevin Ogletree, Jeremy Kerley)

TE: Tony Gonzalez (Jason Witten)

As a Julio owner, that's not a terrible trade offer. Only problem is since you're trying to sell it, don't describe the trade as 2 serviceable WR's for a flop. The other owner is going to see right through that. Even though Jones isn't hurt, he's still more boom or bust than Julio is.

He's hurting at wideout so he'll probably accept.

I want to land Julio Jones on the low, I think he will still be productive. I want to offer this trade and want to know if you as a Julio owner would do it or not? Also, do you think Julio will score more than Percy Harvin in a 0.5 PPR? Thank you.

I give Percy Harvin (MN)& James Jones (GB)

I get Julio Jones (ATL)

0.5 PPR 12 teams. no flex just standard 1,2,2,1,1,1. looking at his receivers, I thought he could use 2 serviceable ones to his one "flop".

My team

QB:Aaron Rodgers

RB:Demarco Murray, Ryan Mathews (Reggie Bush, Doug Martin, Mikel Leshoure)

WR:A.J. Green Greg Jennings (Percy Harvin, James Jones, Dominik Hixon)

TE: Heath Miller (Aaron Hernandez)

His team

QB: Phillip Rivers (Jay Cutler)

RB: Lesean McCoy, Adrian Peterson (DeAngelo Williams)

WR: Julio Jones, Santonio Holmes (Kevin Ogletree, Jeremy Kerley)

TE: Tony Gonzalez (Jason Witten)

I count 9 picks in the first 5 rounds. What gives?

4 team league

It is a 12 team $20 work league where 11 out of the 12 of us are 1st time FF'ers including me.

I traded Spiller after his breakout performance for AJ Green thinking Spiller was a fluke (whoops), and Ryan Mathews was incredibly dropped to waivers before week one once the owner found out Mathews was out for the first 2 weeks.

My picks went Rodgers, Murray, Jennings, Hernandez, with Bush, martin, and harvin in rounds 8-13 (I can't remember exactly as we do a paper draft, not electronic

Julio is worth Harvin and Jones?

It is a 12 team $20 work league where 11 out of the 12 of us are 1st time FF'ers including me.

I traded Spiller after his breakout performance for AJ Green thinking Spiller was a fluke (whoops), and Ryan Mathews was incredibly dropped to waivers before week one once the owner found out Mathews was out for the first 2 weeks.

My picks went Rodgers, Murray, Jennings, Hernandez, with Bush, martin, and harvin in rounds 8-13 (I can't remember exactly as we do a paper draft, not electronic

don't say whoops about making that spiller trade! that was good :headbanger:

i wouldn't trade harvin and jones for julio though. Honestly the upside on julio (who's a risky play at this point) isn't that much higher than the consistent production of harvin.

I'd give him AJ Green and Aaron Rodgers for Philip Rivers and Julio Jones.

That should help him work through his lineup issues.

HTH!

i'm not sure i would give percy harvin to get julio right now, straight up. harvin is more consistent and figures to maybe even improve a bit as peterson continues to get healthy and simpson starts to draw some deep coverage. harvin is going to get his hands on the ball a lot more than julio, who at this point appears to be the 3rd option in that offense behind white and gonzalez. and i say this as a huge julio proponent this season.

I would rather have Harvin. Jones is going to be be fighting Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez for catches each week. Harvin is the man in Minnesota and that will not change all season.

Since Holmes is lost for the yr I would consider that trade with the only exception being whether I prefer Hixon or Jones. Now, as many mentioned, you have to be clear on whether it is better to have Harvin or Julio. Harvin will get more catches and Julio more TDs.

Well, the trade was put out there and then I read what you guys all said and when I went back in to cancel it, he already accepted it. I think I would have cancelled it after reading what you guys said. I do love Harvins consistancy. But am not mad it went through either, Julio has the ability to win games for you all by himself. I don't believe Harvin has AS MUCH upside.

Oh well, I have to put up with Julio on one side and AJ Green on the other....not a bad problem to have. thanks you guys.

Harvin is just as good if not in a better situation then Julio. I own Harvin on every team I have, and no way do I trade him for Julio especially in a redraft. Of course my leages are full PPR as well as return TD's for the player

Harvin was no 2 in my league last year

I got him as the 14th WR off the board this year in that league. Right now hes no 3 overall WR, and I dont see any reason why that should change

Harvin is just as good if not in a better situation then Julio. I own Harvin on every team I have, and no way do I trade him for Julio especially in a redraft. Of course my leages are full PPR as well as return TD's for the player

Harvin was no 2 in my league last year

I got him as the 14th WR off the board this year in that league. Right now hes no 3 overall WR, and I dont see any reason why that should change

I have serious doubts about Percys ability to handle this type of load. Not only in the passing game but the return game? The vikes are exposing him to a lot this year.

Just traded Darren McFadden and Torrey Smith for Julio Jones and Reggie Bush. .5PPR - thought it was a pretty decent deal, selling high on Smith and buying low on Jones.

Just traded Darren McFadden and Torrey Smith for Julio Jones and Reggie Bush. .5PPR - thought it was a pretty decent deal, selling high on Smith and buying low on Jones.

or Torrey will continue to be very good and sold low on McFadden and bought high on Reggie

who knows :dunno:

I have serious doubts about Percys ability to handle this type of load. Not only in the passing game but the return game? The vikes are exposing him to a lot this year.

Have you ever seen Percy Harvin? He is built like a brick s#*thouse! Reminds me a lot of Steve Smith (CAR). With Jerome Simpson back in the lineup, this will lighten the load for Percy.

In regards to the trade, I probably would've stuck with Percy. I also start AJ Green & Julio Jones in my keeper league though... I must admit, it's fun rosterbating to that starting duo!

or Torrey will continue to be very good and sold low on McFadden and bought high on Reggie

who knows :dunno:

Yep, goes both ways. Definitely selling high on Torrey, low on McFadden. Buying low on Julio, high on Bush.

But this league is also a .55 PPR league, which devalues Torrey slightly. Just my personal opinion that I think Bush will continue to be a top12 RB, and Julio will return as a top5 WR the rest of the way.

These guys are all one play away from being done whether they are in on 100% of snaps or 10%. One fluke play can do it. Santonio Holmes, Hakeem Nicks, Danny Amendola, an so on. Not wishing injury on anyone but FF-wise, you drool over the guys that are the workhorses.

i don't. he's an RB with WR skills. and if you watch him play, he's one of those guys that seems to slide just out of the hard hits that should be coming, he just doesn't take the contact. Emmitt Smiff was great at that, one last cut away from the defender and go to the ground a little more gently than catching the defenders hit full on. All NFL players are doomed to miss time sooner or later, but I think Harvin can take it just fine.

Any suggestions for a buy low list, with comments as to whether it's a good idea and who you should offer/receive?

Garcon

Jennings

Griffin

McFadden

Nicks

Charles

Johnson

Rodgers

Luck

Any suggestions for a buy low list, with comments as to whether it's a good idea and who you should offer/receive?

Garcon

Jennings

Griffin

McFadden

Nicks

Charles

Johnson

Rodgers

Luck

I'm curious where everyone stands today. I'm trying to buy low on Hernandez, and still trying acquire Julio Jones.