Sign in to follow this  
hoydogg

defense

who you got? Right now I'm looking at Raiders, Browns, Bengals, and Bills. Not great options. I owned the Steelers, but they haven't done much.

Got the Texans but started Miami. Hell the Texans still had more points than them. So Im gonna roll with the Texans against the Ravens this week

I'm asking more in regards to bye week fillers or streaming defenses.

Did you watch tonight? Play whichever D is up against SD and Rivers, unless they're on a bye.

I'm starting the Vikings at home against Arizona.

That means everyone start your Cardinals because they're going off this weekend.

Got the Texans...until they show me they can play without Cushing im taking them in scary matchups.

Im rolling with Oakland

I think it depends on your scoring system. Do you base your team defense on points allowed or just sacks,int,fr and tds?

I think it depends on your scoring system. Do you base your team defense on points allowed or just sacks,int,fr and tds?

All of the above.

Carolina vs Homo

Trying to decide to whether to pick up the Panthers or Raiders vs Jaguars.

Panthers and Jaquars are coming off bye weeks.

Probably rolling with Raiders. Jaqs rank dead last in offense. Lowest yards gained and lowest points scored a game.

The way my season is going, Gabbert will have a career day.

Currently have AZ

Waivers pending for Minnesota and Seattle in order.

I was able to replace Zona with Minnesota and New England.

I'm debating making a move for Oakland, as I like the matchup vs Jax, but Oak has 8 points on the season.

Not sure I can drop Zona and Patrick Peterson/Daryl Washington and company for that. 8 points.

I was able to replace Zona with Minnesota and New England.

I'm debating making a move for Oakland, as I like the matchup vs Jax, but Oak has 8 points on the season.

Not sure I can drop Zona and Patrick Peterson/Daryl Washington and company for that. 8 points.

Why is everyone dropping AZ? Someone in our league did too.....was thinking of picking them up.

Double digit points for scoring all year....am i missing something?

Why is everyone dropping AZ? Someone in our league did too.....was thinking of picking them up.

Double digit points for scoring all year....am i missing something?

Their offense has lost Wells, Williams and Kolb. Line is awful. I think they might get crushed by Minn and have limited opportunities.

After this week they have SF, GB, Bye, Atlanta.

I have the Ravens who have been fine all year but just lost Webb n Lewis. They play Houston so probably not a good week. Any thoughts Carolina slows down Dallas this week?

I wanted the Vikings but with my WW priority that didn't happen.

I was thinking Oakland because I like the matchup but they have only had one okay week, granted it was against ATL which was impressive, but have been terrible every other week.

What about Buffalo against the Titans? Titans O looked good last week but have been pretty bad most others. :dunno:

Vikings. Skelton will be like a deer in headlights in the metrodome. Vikes might record double digit sacks against that line.

This. I got The Vikings off waivers. Arizona offensive line is terrible.

I'm rollin with the Raidah's. I dropped PITT who just look old and done.

i'm thinking of doing the same with zona. their o-line sucks, the d is on the field way too long. last week i thought of it but chickened out to drop zona for tampa playing the matchup, which is my strat, and that didn't pay off. i won but TB would have added to my points. i picked up zona to play specifically against philly, and that paid off.

i've done it with every FF team i have won with, played matchups, never drafting a D before the last couple of rounds - just dropping and picking up along the way. i think you made the right call. we'll find out on sunday.

I grabbed the Browns in 2 leagues today. Second in the NFL in INT, decent amount of sacks, 2nd highest KO and Punt return avg in the NFL. Playing Indy, who has little running game to speak of, which means lots of passing, which means lots of opportunities for INT/TDs. 8th worst KO return against avg, so maybe Josh Cribbs breaks one.

Not a perfect choice, but the best choice i had.

Some thoughts based on what might be out there:

Bills - TEN gets crushed on the road this year, BUF thinks they have a shot at the division lead, and they've actually scored well as a DST when not playing SF or NE the last 5 weeks. My only concern is Hass looks like a better fit than Locker.

Raiders - what's not to like since they're playing Jax? They looked good against ATL, but then Palmer blew it and they still haven't scored double digits in FF this year. This might be more of an opportunity for the Jags offensive players.

Skins - take a look, Giants are a bad matchup but Skins've had good outings against good teams.

Saints - If desperate, yes, seriously, they're getting sacks, an INT in 3 straight games and they're starting to come around. I think they're about to go on a win streak as a team.

Carolina - they are missing a couple key players on D including Beason, but: at home, if they get the ball control going they can be tough, plus it's Romo, hey what could possibly go wrong, Dallas?

I am taking a shot on Buffalo in one of my leagues. That Buffalo defensive line actually has quite a bit of talent that has underperformed to date, and the Titans guards and center are atrocious. That said I agree with SaintsinDome the Titans look much better on offense with Hasselbach at QB.

Thoughts on the Bengals? The Steeler's O Line is in shambles, and they are at home. Plus Mendy might not play.

Any insight on Seahawks @ 49ers or Texans vs Ravens?

Here's what Thursday night looks like for defenses in one of my leagues, pretty standard d/st scoring:

Pit 5, Ten 3

Cards 3, Rams 11

Browns 6, Ravens 11

Giants 12, Panthers 2

Pack 15, Bears 9

Boys 5, Giants 3

I don't know if there's really anything to those numbers, but I see more 5 point or less games than 10 point or more so I'd try to avoid Thursday if possible.

For what its worth, I'm rolling with MIN this week. ARI is an auto play against at this point for me.