Sign in to follow this  
Captain Caveman

Creative waiver wire WR gambles for this week

Thought we could get these guys into one thread for this week.....

Cecil Shorts @ GB

Ryan Broyles vs. SEA

Josh Cooper vs. SD

Hankerson @ PIT

Stephen Hill vs. MIA

Donnie Avery @ TEN

Who else might we find on the wire and how are you ranking these guys? (Besides being on the :bench: .)

I like Broyles out of this bunch

I assume you meant Josh Gordon instead of Josh Cooper (your boyfriend maybe?) :)

Anyway, Gordon is a pretty decent play this week. Better than the rest of your list IMO.

I assume you meant Josh Gordon instead of Josh Cooper (your boyfriend maybe?) :)

Anyway, Gordon is a pretty decent play this week. Better than the rest of your list IMO.

I meant Josh Cooper. Like I said.

Josh Gordon shouldn't be on waivers.

I meant Josh Cooper. Like I said.

Josh Gordon shouldn't be on waivers.

True, he shouldn't be available in most leagues. Avery is my next pick then. Guaranteed targets against a crappy secondary.

Avery-high target rate through the whole season, good matchup

Broyles-slot receivers don't have to deal with those nonhuman corners plus I think he is a sneaky pickup in general.

Shorts-not a sexy pick but the jags did express their desire to get him more involved and that showed against Oakland... Of course that was also Oakland.

My picks in that order

When does Vincent Brown come back?

He's eligible this week, but they're sounding like he's at least another couple of weeks away.

Of the guys mentioned by OP,

Cecil Shorts @ GB

Ryan Broyles vs. SEA

Josh Cooper vs. SD

Hankerson @ PIT

Stephen Hill vs. MIA

Donnie Avery @ TEN

I'm higher on Hankerson and Broyles than the rest. Avery would probably be the next option for me. I"m still suck on guys like Kerley, Gordon, Heyward-Bey and stashing Amendola away.

Thought we could get these guys into one thread for this week.....

Cecil Shorts @ GB

Ryan Broyles vs. SEA

Josh Cooper vs. SD

Hankerson @ PIT

Stephen Hill vs. MIA

Donnie Avery @ TEN

Who else might we find on the wire and how are you ranking these guys? (Besides being on the :bench: .)

Cecil Shorts @ GB - Jags don't have much else at WR. Gabbert's practicing in full...can he stay in the whole game? Henne was horrid in relief last week. Green Bay is only 17th in pass D, Shorts had 10 targets last week.

Ryan Broyles vs. SEA - Tough opponent (#5 in pass D) but SEA should focus heavily on Calvin and Titus Young is questionable with a balky knee. Dark horse.

Josh Cooper vs. SD - In the slot for CLE. Still think this is the Josh Gordon show.

Hankerson @ PIT - Had a good outing last week.

Stephen Hill vs. MIA - Had a costly drop last week and Keller will garner a lot of targets. But S. Hill was in on 80% of the Jets' offensive snaps.

Donnie Avery @ TEN - Gets lots of targets but doesn't do much with them. No TDs since Week 2.

I'd like to add a couple:

Chris Givens vs. NE - May not be on the wire in deeper leagues. Pats pass D is 4th worst in the league (#29) and "Givens is the first rookie since Willie Gault (1983) with a reception of 50+ yards in four consecutive games."

Devery Henderson vs. DEN - Brees vs. Peyton: Game's expected to be a shootout. Jimmy Graham's still limited in practice as of this writing and is a game time decision, and even if he plays, won't be 100%. That brings it down to Sproles, Moore, Colston, and Henderson for Brees to air it out to.

Im starting chris givens over ryan broyles and daryl richardson in my flex. I just love how foster AND cj spiller are on bye.

Im starting chris givens over ryan broyles and daryl richardson in my flex. I just love how foster AND cj spiller are on bye.

I was thinking Givens too but just worried about his speed game on that slop across the pond. Not sure it makes for the best track for a guy who makes his living off just 3 deep big plays a game.

How about Brandon Stokley vs. NO? Where would he rank in here?

This :thumbsup:

Stokley is a very creative pick up. (for us Jordy owners who don't want to gamble w/ that "game time decision") It should be a shoot out and Stokley has something like 2 TD's past two games.

I picked up Cecil & renamed my team Eat My Shorts :headbanger:

I'm taking a shot on Julian Edelman and possibly Donald Driver in deeper leagues. I have a feeling they are going to start working Edelman back in especially with Hernandez out and Lloyd a little gimpy.

I picked up Shorts also with Hernandez, MJD both out and Foster on a bye. Hoping for a miracle and numerous opportunities to use the "eat my shorts" line.