Sign in to follow this  
thesitedoc

Steven Jackson on the block

Rumors that it might be Green Bay, but I don't think he would have significant impact on the Packers. Any team out there where he would become a viable #1?

Maybe the Cardinals. Or the Steelers?

As a SJax owner, I'm hoping he doesn't go to Arizona. Noone can make that o-line look good. Hopefully Green Bay makes a play for him but they're usually pretty stingy with their draft picks.

As a SJax owner, I'm hoping he doesn't go to Arizona. Noone can make that o-line look good. Hopefully Green Bay makes a play for him but they're usually pretty stingy with their draft picks.

Baltimore in a Ricky Williams type role

I'm sure Carolina is looking to pick up another RB. They'll probably trade a Defensive lineman for S-Jax.

Rumors that it might be Green Bay, but I don't think he would have significant impact on the Packers. Any team out there where he would become a viable #1?

Maybe the Cardinals. Or the Steelers?

he would do well in green bay.

we forget he is only 2 years removed from a 90 catch season. while playing for a crappy team to boot.

he would totally fit in to Green Bay's offense. He is an all around back who runs like a man possessed. If he goes to Green Bay there would be a 3 or 4 game adjustment period where he would be limited in his effectiveness, but after that, he'd be money.

Every season it's "this running back might get traded to Green Bay." I doubt it'll happen, as they really rarely trade, especially picks. They didn't make a move for Lynch a couple years ago, didn't make a move for Deangelo, and so on.

Every season it's "this running back might get traded to Green Bay." I doubt it'll happen, as they really rarely trade, especially picks. They didn't make a move for Lynch a couple years ago, didn't make a move for Deangelo, and so on.

Their rb situation is worse now then ever...

Green Bay homer here. Word out of Green Bay was that we actually did make a play for Lynch 2 years ago, with Thompson offering up our 4th round pick for Lynch. Seattle also offered up a 4th round pick and because their's was a higher draft pick he went to Seattle. I'm not too optimistic that Jackson will be coming here because Thompson generally treats draft picks like gold but if there is a player he covets enough it appears he might be willing to deal a draft pick if the price is right.

Baltimore in a Ricky Williams type role

No. The majority if the Rice owners on this bored b!tch & moan that he's not getting enough carries. We don't need another talented back to vulture his precious touches.

Most teams have offensive schemes now that are so complex that they are going to be loathe to try and break in a brand new starting RB mid-stream unless they are completely desperate or the OC has history with the player. Green Bay may be desperate enough and they certainly seemed to throw Benson into their starting lineup after very little time in the offense. McDaniel in New England has history with Jackson, but I don't really think the Patriots would identify RB as a position of need at this point with Ridley playing well and capable backups in Vareen and Bolden.

Most teams have offensive schemes now that are so complex that they are going to be loathe to try and break in a brand new starting RB mid-stream

The JETS might be the only fit then

If he goes to Green Bay there would be a 3 or 4 game adjustment period where he would be limited in his effectiveness, but after that, he'd be money.

The problem is that in 4 weeks, Benson should be back and he would likely be in a timeshare with him at that point.

he would do well in green bay.

we forget he is only 2 years removed from a 90 catch season. while playing for a crappy team to boot.

he would totally fit in to Green Bay's offense. He is an all around back who runs like a man possessed. If he goes to Green Bay there would be a 3 or 4 game adjustment period where he would be limited in his effectiveness, but after that, he'd be money.

:thumbsup:

The problem is that in 4 weeks, Benson should be back and he would likely be in a timeshare with him at that point.

Really cause benson just now is shedding the walking boot and hasn't put any weight on it all this time

Sounds crazy but Hotlanta could use him to replace Fat Turner.

I dunno. I see Atlanta as having already recognized that they need to position for some RB talent in the next draft. Trading for SJ doesn't seem to fit into that equation. And Turner's performance so far this season is leaps and bounds better than Jackson's. And they're both old. Just not gonna happen.