Sign in to follow this  
murf74

foster

Texans are running him until the wheels fall off. They better be careful. Rbs can only take so much of this pounding.

He is a machine but....he is human.

He's at 26 rushes late in the 4th. This is a statement game on the road in inclement weather against a playoff bound team. 30+ touches is not an issue IMO.

More to the point, let us take our hats off to Foster. A #1 pick actually performing like one. He has not put up a stinker all year. Since I drafted late in most my drafts, I only was able to pick him up in one league at 1.02 (after Rodgers was taken #1), and couldn't be happier. Guys like Rice, McCoy, and Rodgers have been up and down.....but Foster is a true stud, week in and week out.

Tate who?

He's at 26 rushes late in the 4th. This is a statement game on the road in inclement weather against a playoff bound team. 30+ touches is not an issue IMO.

More to the point, let us take our hats off to Foster. A #1 pick actually performing like one. He has not put up a stinker all year. Since I drafted late in most my drafts, I only was able to pick him up in one league at 1.02 (after Rodgers was taken #1), and couldn't be happier. Guys like Rice, McCoy, and Rodgers have been up and down.....but Foster is a true stud, week in and week out.

Tate who?

Tate has been injured. 33 touches in one game ok but I wouldn't make a habit.

I think rest of team only has 13 touches

Amazing

Tate has been injured. 33 touches in one game ok but I wouldn't make a habit.

I think rest of team only has 13 touches

Amazing

And they are winning on the road in bad weather against arguably the leagues best defense on primetime. Pretty focking good gameplan far as I can see

And they are winning on the road in bad weather against arguably the leagues best defense on primetime. Pretty focking good gameplan far as I can see

Ok obviously you guys are confident he is injury proof.

Ok obviously you guys are confident he is injury proof.

Haven't been able to watch many Houston games, but from what I've seen Foster doesn't get hammered too hard for a RB.....same with McCoy. They're almost like receivers in their ability to avoid the big hits and go down rather than fighting for the extra yard, staying upright, and getting clobbered. He seems to get to the sidelines pretty frequently too.

Still, he's on pace for a ton of touches which is a little worrisome, especially next year. But as far as running backs go, he doesn't seem to take the same amount of punishment as an AD or Lynch. He seems to have a good idea when to get down.

:dunno:

Haven't been able to watch many Houston games, but from what I've seen Foster doesn't get hammered too hard for a RB.....same with McCoy. They're almost like receivers in their ability to avoid the big hits and go down rather than fighting for the extra yard, staying upright, and getting clobbered. He seems to get to the sidelines pretty frequently too.

Good point. I also think this is more of a concern for the Texans and their playoff hopes, as well as next years fantasy owners, than those this year.

If I was a fantasy owner I would be more worried about the 8-1 Texans lightening his workload in weeks 15-17 than the carries he is getting now.

If I was a fantasy owner I would be more worried about the 8-1 Texans lightening his workload in weeks 15-17 than the carries he is getting now.

this is exactly what has me worried

sorry double post

Good point. I also think this is more of a concern for the Texans and their playoff hopes, as well as next years fantasy owners, than those this year.

They probably will. But if you've paid attention the past few weeks, Foster has done most of his damage early. Last week, I think he was at like 75 yards on his first 10 carries, then finished with 110 on like 25. Last night, he had 90 on 15, only to finish with 100 on 30. I'm going off memory, so maybe the numbers aren't spot on. But I think the pattern, at least recently is for him to pile up yardage early, when playcalling is more balanced. Then as it is obvious when the Texans are gonna run clock, he runs into the line for minimal gains.

Maybe at the end of the year, they sprinkle in more Tate/Forsett during those clock killing drives. I still think Foster will deliver useful statlines through week 16, as I think he plays the majority of snaps through 3 quarters. But against IND and MIN (weeks 15 & 16), I see another back being worked in during 4th quarter drives if HOU is up in those contests. Foster isn't doing his damage during those drives anyway, so I wouldn't be too worried about his production late in the year. :glass_half_full:

Still, he's on pace for a ton of touches which is a little worrisome, especially next year. But as far as running backs go, he doesn't seem to take the same amount of punishment as an AD or Lynch. He seems to have a good idea when to get down.

Edgerin James always seemed to avoid the big hits also.

Edgerin James always seemed to avoid the big hits also.

Arian Foster is good enough now to be mntioned in the same breath as former fantasy studs such as Edge, LT, and Priest. His run in the last 3 years has been phenomenal.

He might be a potential bust next year if he continues to get close to 400 touches this year. Hopefully he doesn't wear down.

He might be a potential bust next year if he continues to get close to 400 touches this year. Hopefully he doesn't wear down.

only way he is a bust next year is if he gets hurt

and that can happen to anybody