Sign in to follow this  
kelvinj7

Jacquizz Rogers vs. Michael Turner

I'm thinking this is a distinct possibility especially during the FF playoffs if Atlanta has home field advantage secured.

I think there will be an uptick in his work as the season progresses. That said he's really not fit for Turner's role of running it straight ahead so I don't think Turner will be totally phased out or rested entirely. Who knows though if Atlanta totally locks it up but the Bears are right there with them.

Anyone that thinks Rodgers give the Falcons the BEST chance to win a Superbowl is out of their mind.

The Falcons really need to work on running the ball with Turner if they want to have a shot in winning a game in the playoffs.

I was hoping for more of a shift earlier this year. This has been a long year of looking at him on my bench hoping for some opportunities. I think it is safe to say he does nothing to impress the rest of the year but has opportunity next year, what he does with it will be up to his abilities.

Anyone that thinks Rodgers give the Falcons the BEST chance to win a Superbowl is out of their mind.

The Falcons really need to work on running the ball with Turner if they want to have a shot in winning a game in the playoffs.

Said the Michael Turner owner.

Said the Michael Turner owner.

No, but what exactly has Jacquizz Rodgers done that warrant him being the featured back. Before this weekend, Turner was averaging 4.04 yards per carry. Rodgers was averaging 3.2. Rodger showed lack of quickness and vision between the tackles. For a back his size, he showed very little burst.

So, who would you rather have run the ball. The dude that trucks it for 4.0 yard or 3.2?

Turner has the longer run this season.

Turner also has the longest reception this season.

Now take another step back. Who's the better pass blocker?

Turner was ranked 6th overall last year:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/15/three-years-of-pass-blocking-efficiency-running-backs/

Out of 172 pass block opportunities, Ryan was only pressured 6 times!

So Turner is the better runner, an elite pass blocker, one of the best short yardage TD runner in the game, longer run, longer reception and have 3 career 1,300+ rushing, 12 + TD seasons and you want the team to HAND the keys to J. Rodgers?

Like seriously????

I was hoping for more of a shift earlier this year. This has been a long year of looking at him on my bench hoping for some opportunities. I think it is safe to say he does nothing to impress the rest of the year but has opportunity next year, what he does with it will be up to his abilities.

Watch Rodger's run and the dude just isn't very good.

Averaging 3.6 yards per carry last year.

3.7 this year.

So folks want him to be the feature back because?

Classic 'I thought I was smarter than others with my opinion on Jizz and every time fatty has a bad game I'm gonna b!tch about my man not taking over' attitude. Pretty common around this time of year around these parts...

Jizz has been given plenty of chances to be great, but he has not proven anything.

I honestly don't think Jizz will ever be a starting RB in this league. The starting RB for the Falcons after Turner is currently not on their roster.

I think it's tough. Quizz really isn't very good but turner can't even convert 3rd and short so what's he good for? Ok he's avg 4 yds a carry? That's just after he breaks a long one then doesn't see many carries and the avg gets inflated.

Quizz rec out of the backfield is what they need. I hate to say it but the falcons best run game is their short pass game. If they scrapped the run altogether it might even be better for them like the packers last year.

Rodgers has been awful running the ball. Hasn't shown a thing.

But he has looked significantly better of late in the short passing game. I would expect to see him get more touches as the season progresses, but there's no way he moves ahead of Turner in the running game.

Ok he's avg 4 yds a carry? That's just after he breaks a long one then doesn't see many carries and the avg gets inflated.

Worst argument ever.

Turner's long for the year is 43...exactly the same as Rodgers, who has 1/4 as many carries.