Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Just threw out 3 full garbage bags

...Of nothing but spices. Think about that - think about the size of the average spice jar/container.

Holy Geebus - "Clotted Cream", "Cottage Cheese Seasoning", "Pickling Spices", Literally EIGHT things of paprica. Pickled Ginger, - you freaking name it, she prolly had it - From Indian to Chinese to Ecuadorian, etc.

That shiit ain't cheap either. WAG? - Probably $4-500 worth of spices (conservatively) - most of which had been around since the Challenger was still flying.

This time last year, I was telling VLCC's where to berth to save $6-8M in taxes & harbor fees and figgering out what I was gonna do with my 5-6 figure Xmas bonus.

Now, I'm weeding out baking powder from the 80's... :wall:

Clotted cream is english, like a soft butter they use on biscuits for afternoon tea...

Its a dairy product, not a spice.

Clotted cream is english, like a soft butter they use on biscuits for afternoon tea...

I bet you're super fun at parties...

Tupperware parties!

Its paprika.

:first:

and it's a hell of a lot better than cranberry sauce. :banana:

I bet you're super fun at parties...

Its all part of being a well rounded individual :thumbsup:

Now, I'm weeding out baking powder... :wall:

Better the bake out weed powder :bandana:

maybe some brownies?

Just googled it. Apparently, it's harvested from Nicki's cooter during the warm months.

Oh yeah, speaking of which - I threw out a ton of yeast too.

Do spices go bad?

Do spices go bad?

1. I'd guess yes, eventually.

2. Mom - nor you for matter - are going to live long enough to use most of them.

3. Mom ain't pickling anything soon.

4. What would YOU do with 9 jars of paprica? Mom ain't gonna be here, much less cooking - any more than 6-12 months tops.

5. She can't see well enough to know the difference between pickled ginger and chili seasoning. (most recent example)

6. She can't see well enough to know whether to take her a.m. drugs or her night drugs. Think she'll know coriander from mace? She can't even read a single clock in the house nor keep track of what day it is for more than a couple dozen minutes tops. - Pretty sure cottage cheese seasoning aint' big on her agenda.

So yeah, it had to go.

On the bright (maybe) side, I did hear from my a-hole brother tonight. He says he "knows what I'm going through". F you. You have no F'ing idea you selfish POS.

On a truly bright side, I definitely heard from Mungwater. Was missing that goofy SOB something fierce. He has no idea how much his call meant to me. Miss having beers with him at my local more than just about anything else. Made my night. :thumbsup: