Sign in to follow this  
jefe6661

Need a new TE bad!

In a PPR League...After Gronk went down, my TE situation has been brutal so I need some advice on picking up a new TE this week...

Tony Scheffler - so many WR injuries and now Pettigrew (not sure how bad injury is though) went down for the Lions so he may see an increase in targets because the Lions throw like 60 times a game.

Clay Harbor - with Brent Celek going down with a concussion this is a riskier pickup because we won't know how long he will be out. After Celek went down, he had a great game yesterday with 6 catches and a touchdown.

Which is the better pickup?

Thanks in advance for the help! Post your questions and I'll throw in my 2 cents.

In a PPR League...After Gronk went down, my TE situation has been brutal so I need some advice on picking up a new TE this week...

Tony Scheffler - so many WR injuries and now Pettigrew (not sure how bad injury is though) went down for the Lions so he may see an increase in targets because the Lions throw like 60 times a game.

Clay Harbor - with Brent Celek going down with a concussion this is a riskier pickup because we won't know how long he will be out. After Celek went down, he had a great game yesterday with 6 catches and a touchdown.

Which is the better pickup?

Thanks in advance for the help! Post your questions and I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I have Dallas Clark but he hasnt been doin much lately, im thinking Benjamin Watson on waivers, not sure..im worried about this also

I have Dallas Clark but he hasnt been doin much lately, im thinking Benjamin Watson on waivers, not sure..im worried about this also

I have Clark also, but like you said he hasn't been great. Someone scooped up Watson this week, I had my eye on him also. I'm waiting for some more info on the injuries to Brent Celek and Brandon Pettigrew to see who may be out for a week or two. I think both those backups should have as much upside as Clark has at this point.

I have Clark also, but like you said he hasn't been great. Someone scooped up Watson this week, I had my eye on him also. I'm waiting for some more info on the injuries to Brent Celek and Brandon Pettigrew to see who may be out for a week or two. I think both those backups should have as much upside as Clark has at this point.

Clarks targets have gone from like 9, to 5, to 3 this week, i cant have that on my team in the playoffs..that other TE for Den did good, NOT Tamme, i forget his name, but cant trust a team with 2 TE's in fantasy..

Clarks targets have gone from like 9, to 5, to 3 this week, i cant have that on my team in the playoffs..that other TE for Den did good, NOT Tamme, i forget his name, but cant trust a team with 2 TE's in fantasy..

Couldn't agree more...Dressen is the other TE...looked at him too but like you said just not enough targets to be considered especially with two TEs. Someone dropped Vernon Davis in my league but not sure I even want him on my team because he's been worse than Clark lately. I'm thinking I'm going to go with Tony Scheffler because he has the safest chance for targets going forward with so many injuries Detroit has in the WR core. Scheffler had 10 targets yesterday but only caught 3! That makes me nervous.

Couldn't agree more...Dressen is the other TE...looked at him too but like you said just not enough targets to be considered especially with two TEs. Someone dropped Vernon Davis in my league but not sure I even want him on my team because he's been worse than Clark lately. I'm thinking I'm going to go with Tony Scheffler because he has the safest chance for targets going forward with so many injuries Detroit has in the WR core. Scheffler had 10 targets yesterday but only caught 3! That makes me nervous.

Im considering Jared Cook, Tenn has been throwing alot with Locker back now. That may be a good pickup, gotta see the matchups. But, clark is playing the Saints next week, so is he worth a shot this week is the question??? Freeman starting off slow as hell this week, i was playing him and he had 0pts after halftime. But the targets is what scares me

Im considering Jared Cook, Tenn has been throwing alot with Locker back now. That may be a good pickup, gotta see the matchups. But, clark is playing the Saints next week, so is he worth a shot this week is the question??? Freeman starting off slow as hell this week, i was playing him and he had 0pts after halftime. But the targets is what scares me

This year I've been pretty much been starting anyone playing the Saints but Cook has been much more consistent the last 4 games he's played in. He probably won't light up your fantasy roster, but he'll most likely get you 3-5 catches with the possibility of a score. Cook did leave the came yesterday with a shoulder injury but I don't think its serious. I'll probably start Clark next week against the Saints and lets hope for a high scoring game.

This year I've been pretty much been starting anyone playing the Saints but Cook has been much more consistent the last 4 games he's played in. He probably won't light up your fantasy roster, but he'll most likely get you 3-5 catches with the possibility of a score. Cook did leave the came yesterday with a shoulder injury but I don't think its serious. I'll probably start Clark next week against the Saints and lets hope for a high scoring game.

lmao, yeah, saints defense is horrible

As a Pettigrew owner who is hoping he has a dillema next week to worry about...I'm looking at scheffler

As a Pettigrew owner who is hoping he has a dillema next week to worry about...I'm looking at scheffler

Brandon Pettigrew's ankle injury will open things up for Scheffler if Pettigrew cannot play this week, but the Lions will continue to use two tight ends, as Will Heller filled in against the Packers.

What? No one is saying Clay Harbor? I loved this kid coming out of college. He's a versatile talent with great speed and hands. He'll get everything Celek was supposed to get and Celek's already been ruled out.

Cook is out for the year... HTH

What? No one is saying Clay Harbor? I loved this kid coming out of college. He's a versatile talent with great speed and hands. He'll get everything Celek was supposed to get and Celek's already been ruled out.

He did get 11pts last week, the question is, it looks like Vick will be back playing this week. Which may be bad for Harbor? What do you think?

He did get 11pts last week, the question is, it looks like Vick will be back playing this week. Which may be bad for Harbor? What do you think?

You clearly missed a bit of football yeah? Vick won't play another snap for the Philadelphia Eagles unless Foles gets hurt. And the Eagles play Thursday this week. Vick is going to practice and play already? Lol

You clearly missed a bit of football yeah? Vick won't play another snap for the Philadelphia Eagles unless Foles gets hurt. And the Eagles play Thursday this week. Vick is going to practice and play already? Lol

Michael Vick and LeSeasn McCoy both passed their concussion tests and may return to practice on Tuesday.

http://www.sbnation.com/fantasy/2012/12/10/3752068/michael-vick-lesean-mccoy-concussion-fantasy-football-eagles

And yes, when they pass concussion tests they practice and play. Even though Reid said he wont play why would he even bother practicing?

Michael Vick and LeSeasn McCoy both passed their concussion tests and may return to practice on Tuesday.

http://www.sbnation.com/fantasy/2012/12/10/3752068/michael-vick-lesean-mccoy-concussion-fantasy-football-eagles

And yes, when they pass concussion tests they practice and play. Even though Reid said he wont play why would he even bother practicing?

First and foremost...just because you are cleared to practice does not mean you are eligible to play in a game. Vick nor McCoy have been cleared for game action.

Second...if he's not going to start, why practice? Good question. I guess Tom Brady shouldn't have even bothered practicing behind Drew Bledsoe. Hell, he wasn't going to play.

First and foremost...just because you are cleared to practice does not mean you are eligible to play in a game. Vick nor McCoy have been cleared for game action.

Second...if he's not going to start, why practice? Good question. I guess Tom Brady shouldn't have even bothered practicing behind Drew Bledsoe. Hell, he wasn't going to play.

I just read where the NFL has decided to eliminate 2nd team reps and get rid of practice squads. Because if you aren't the starter, they don't want you even practicing. It's a safety issue apparently.

In re to Vick, per rotoworld:

Michael Vick (concussion) will not dress as the Eagles No. 2 quarterback in Week 15 but is expected to be available for the final two weeks.

Vick was cleared, along with LeSean McCoy, to begin practicing on Monday, but Philadelphia will again go with Trent Edwards as the back-up to Nick Foles on Thursday against the Bengals. However, Vick has almost certainly played his last snap as an Eagle.

In re to Vick, per rotoworld:

Michael Vick (concussion) will not dress as the Eagles No. 2 quarterback in Week 15 but is expected to be available for the final two weeks.

Vick was cleared, along with LeSean McCoy, to begin practicing on Monday, but Philadelphia will again go with Trent Edwards as the back-up to Nick Foles on Thursday against the Bengals. However, Vick has almost certainly played his last snap as an Eagle.

Is Clay Harbor a good pickup for this week? Against the bengals? They havent given up much to TE's, but Foles will be looking for him i assume

I've been picking up and playing a new TE every week since Gronk went down and it's been stressful as hell every week.

I heard that Cook and Celek have both already been ruled out this week so i think both C.Stevens and C.Harbor both have a chance to have a decent week.

Does anyone think R.Housler is worth a look?? He had 10 targets and caught 7 of them for only 36 yds but he gets a good amount of targets almost every week.

How about D.Keller?? I heard he's probably gonna play next week.

I'm also waiting to hear about Pettigrew because they throw the crap out of the ball in Detroit so Scheffler should get a good amount of targets/catches if Pettigrew is out.

D.Clark playing New Orleans looks real good on paper but the way he's been is if he doesn't get you a TD then he's really not worth much.

I have too many options and i have no idea which way i'm gonna go but i'll be watching this post to keep up on what everyone else is saying.

T Scheffler is a great option no matter if Pettigrew plays or not. He has been playing the Slot WR latley and getting targets no matter what position he plays. Teams double and tripple Megatron . Good option going forward.

I've been picking up and playing a new TE every week since Gronk went down and it's been stressful as hell every week.

I heard that Cook and Celek have both already been ruled out this week so i think both C.Stevens and C.Harbor both have a chance to have a decent week.

Does anyone think R.Housler is worth a look?? He had 10 targets and caught 7 of them for only 36 yds but he gets a good amount of targets almost every week.

How about D.Keller?? I heard he's probably gonna play next week.

I'm also waiting to hear about Pettigrew because they throw the crap out of the ball in Detroit so Scheffler should get a good amount of targets/catches if Pettigrew is out.

D.Clark playing New Orleans looks real good on paper but the way he's been is if he doesn't get you a TD then he's really not worth much.

I have too many options and i have no idea which way i'm gonna go but i'll be watching this post to keep up on what everyone else is saying.

Cook is out for the year i believe..yeah this TE position has really been stressful

My friend is starting Finley against the Bears and says thats a great start? Thoughts on that?

Gronk owner here who also lost Cook as his backup last week. I'm rolling with Harbor against the Bengals. I think Foles will look to him quite a bit and he had a pretty good game after Celek went down last week.

Clark and Gates.

New Orleans and Carolina.

I'm going to lose no matter who I pick.

LOL, Clark went from 9 targets, to 6, and then to 3 last week. If he dont score a TD your screwed. Even against the Saints i dont trust him :(

ding ding ding....we have a winner. He's gotten at least 4 catches in every game since Week 7 and has been averaging 5+ since that time with a high of 8 receptions. Only problem is he hasn't found the endzone yet this year. One can only catch so many balls without scoring a TD. He's due. If I really needed a TE, I'd take a flyer on this guy. I'm all set at TE with Jimmy Graham in two of my leagues, though.....oh, wait a minute...

ding ding ding....we have a winner. He's gotten at least 4 catches in every game since Week 7 and has been averaging 5+ since that time with a high of 8 receptions. Only problem is he hasn't found the endzone yet this year. One can only catch so many balls without scoring a TD. He's due. If I really needed a TE, I'd take a flyer on this guy. I'm all set at TE with Jimmy Graham in two of my leagues, though.....oh, wait a minute...

11 @Atl 0

12 StL 8

13 @NYJ 1

14 @Sea 3

nothing special i see in this guy, besides the 1 8pt week

grabbing benjamin watson, washington defense is HORRIBLE and TE's have been doing good, starting Gordon actually also this week,

11 @Atl 0

12 StL 8

13 @NYJ 1

14 @Sea 3

nothing special i see in this guy, besides the 1 8pt week

Believe me, I know he's nothing special, but if someone has to take a flyer on a TE....why not Housler? He should get his targets, then you just hope he breaks his maiden and scores a TD.

Not saying he's the second coming....