Sign in to follow this  
Gandalfthecat

Ravens fire Offensive Coordinator

Ravens fired OC Cam Cameron.

It's rare that a coordinator gets fired when his team has a 9-4 record, but Cameron has been on thin ice for the better part of two seasons thanks to predictable play-calling and vanilla schemes. The Ravens rank just 18th in total offense this season after a 15th-place finish last year. Cameron will be replaced by ex-Colts boss and current quarterbacks coach Jim Caldwell. The news is music to the ears of Ray Rice, who has strangely fallen to the back burner far too many times this season. Rice has been given 13 carries or fewer in three of the last seven games.

Flacco had 3 tds at the half, should have rode him and they ran that stiff Ray Rice too much in the 2nd half

Flacco had 3 tds at the half, should have rode him and they ran that stiff Ray Rice too much in the 2nd half

Joe Flacco is a loser. Ravens will never win with him at QB. He focks up when it counts most.

Idiot

I remember when Cam Cameron was some kind of guru and whoever was the RB in his offensive scheme, that was the guy to draft in fantasy. What happened?

"Cameron will be replaced by ex-Colts boss and current quarterbacks coach Jim Caldwell. The news is music to the ears of Ray Rice"

Not sure this is the case for Rice, Caldwell is the one that wants to put more onto Flacco's plate, at least he did at the beginning of the year.

I remember when Cam Cameron was some kind of guru and whoever was the RB in his offensive scheme, that was the guy to draft in fantasy. What happened?

Kinda makes you wonder if there is some power-trippin' going on.. It just seems like the team is forcing Joe Flacco down everybody's throat. Certainly a lose/lose situation for an offensive coordinator on that team.

They are one of the least creative offensive teams in the NFL. In a way, they remind me of the old Cowboys teams when they were winning the Superbowl. They had only a few different running plays and a handful of passing plays. The Ravens do the same thing. They run off tackle as good as any team in the league, but where are the play action passes when they have someone with deep speed like Smith? They seriously underuse the talent they do have. Ray Rice should be catching 70 passes per year and their TE's should be MUCH more involved. The offensive was predictable and it was time for a change.

Cameron is the scapegoat in all of this. Flacco is simply a coach killer. If I were the Ravens, I would allow Flacco to test the market. When he doesn't get the mega-deal that he is looking for, perhaps they could re-sign him to a reasonable contract. He is NOT elite, it's hilarious that he thinks that he is, and he has literally LOST the last two games with his galactically awesome ability to turn the ball over at the most inopportune times.

I will NEVER EVER own Flacco in another fantasy league, ever, EVER again.

Cameron is the scapegoat in all of this. Flacco is simply a coach killer. If I were the Ravens, I would allow Flacco to test the market. When he doesn't get the mega-deal that he is looking for, perhaps they could re-sign him to a reasonable contract. He is NOT elite, it's hilarious that he thinks that he is, and he has literally LOST the last two games with his galactically awesome ability to turn the ball over at the most inopportune times.

I will NEVER EVER own Flacco in another fantasy league, ever, EVER again.

From a fantasy perspective, sure Flacco is mediocre. This has always been the case - the team is far too balanced on defense and in the running game to consistently put up big QB numbers. There is no need for that, and much of the time they just need a game manager to not fock things up too badly.

Problem being someone like the Cardinals/Jets/Eagles/Jags will give Flacco decent money if they let him hit the market, because look what they have to deal with on a weekly basis. Do you really think this team would be better with a late first rounder rookie or Vick taking the helm?

I don't think Ray Rice owners should be happy about this, especially in PPR leagues.

Why?

What could happen? 12 or 13 touches a game...no wait...

From a fantasy perspective, sure Flacco is mediocre. This has always been the case - the team is far too balanced on defense and in the running game to consistently put up big QB numbers. There is no need for that, and much of the time they just need a game manager to not fock things up too badly.

Problem being someone like the Cardinals/Jets/Eagles/Jags will give Flacco decent money if they let him hit the market, because look what they have to deal with on a weekly basis. Do you really think this team would be better with a late first rounder rookie or Vick taking the helm?

I never said that. What I said is that he is not elite, and should not get an elite level contract. If the Raven's are smart, they will let Flacco test the market, and if someone wants to overpay for him, let them. You can't overpay this stiff, he is LOSING this team games this year.

Which is why he got fired.

Joe Flacco is a loser. Ravens will never win with him at QB. He focks up when it counts most.

Flacco would be an upgrade to Ponder.

How about a straight up trade?

Flacco would be an upgrade to Ponder.

How about a straight up trade?

I'm not sure he would be... Ponder at least knows he sucks.

Good news....jim statue Caldwell is planning to run the no huddle. You know cause Flaccid is so elite

Good news....jim statue Caldwell is planning to run the no huddle. You know cause Flaccid is so elite

No huddle and more up tempo offense means more snaps... Yay for Ray Rice.

No huddle and more up tempo offense means more snaps... Yay for Ray Rice.

Quicker 3 and outs