Sign in to follow this  
The Next Generation

RGIII

Robert Griffin III (knee) says he did "enough" in Wednesday's practice, and that he can plant and throw without issue.

He was officially limited. "I did enough to give myself the confidence to push it tomorrow and Friday," Griffin said after practice. Griffin also said he feels "a lot better" than he did Sunday night, and confirmed he'll wear a brace if he starts against the Browns. At this point, it's hard not to see him suiting up. Griffin's status will be updated no later than Thursday afternoon. Dec 12 - 2:14

:headbanger:

Robert Griffin III (knee) says he did "enough" in Wednesday's practice, and that he can plant and throw without issue.

He was officially limited. "I did enough to give myself the confidence to push it tomorrow and Friday," Griffin said after practice. Griffin also said he feels "a lot better" than he did Sunday night, and confirmed he'll wear a brace if he starts against the Browns. At this point, it's hard not to see him suiting up. Griffin's status will be updated no later than Thursday afternoon. Dec 12 - 2:14

:headbanger:

:doublethumbsup: :doublethumbsup: :doublethumbsup:

Yeah, keep pushing it kid. Limp out onto a visiting field against an underrated defense to have your worst game as a pro for my opponent.

It will be sweet, poetic justice for what you did to me in week 11.

Yeah, keep pushing it kid. Limp out onto a visiting field against an underrated defense to have your worst game as a pro for my opponent.

Fock-off killjoy! :nono:

Robert Griffin III: I did enough to feel confident

After returning to the practice field on Wednesday, Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III said he feels good about making a quick return from the knee injury he suffered on Sunday.

I did enough to give myself the confidence to push it tomorrow and on Friday,” Griffin said, via CSNWashington.com. “It’s just about getting confidence back in it. And I plan on getting confidence back in it relatively quickly.”

Griffin said his injured knee has rapidly improved.

“It’s gotten better every day, which is a positive sign for me,” he said. “Sunday night I thought there was probably no chance that I could play the next week. Monday morning I felt better about it. Yesterday, I felt better about it. And today, I feel really good about it. It just depends on whether I continue to progress the way that I am.”

Both Griffin and Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said they don’t want to force the Browns to prepare for both Griffin and backup Kirk Cousins on Sunday, and therefore they’re not going to tell the Browns whether Griffin is ready to play. But Griffin sure sounds ready.

YES! Hes on one of my teams but facing me in another, so I wouldnt mind an awful game or a scratch either.

Even if he plays, withou his speed he's not the same qb. They're in a playoff hunt so I don't blame them for trotting him out there. Their other option is another rook. I wouldn't expect typical production. I'd bench him for any other decent option actually. Prolly a heavy dose of alf. Not like Cleveland will be blowin them out. Run run run...book it...

I think he will lie during the week and claim to feel better than he does. Opposing coaches will have an all new gameplan for a less mobile rg3 wich is much easier to defend. If he cant bust a 50yd td run out of a broken pass play, I cant start him over a guy like Matt Ryan. Ill have no part of him this week.

Rookie running back Alfred Morris later went on NFL Network's "Around the League" and said he expects to see RG3 under center Sunday.

"He looked good today," Morris said. "You couldn't even tell he had an injury. He was running normally (at practice). I expect him to play because that's just the type of guy he is."

Robert Griffin III (knee) is participating in Thursday's practice.

Griffin's knee apparently responded to Wednesday's activity well. He was spotted "moving well" and "didn't seem to be hindered" while jogging or planting his leg. At this point, it would be a surprise if RG3 didn't start Sunday's game in Cleveland. We'll know more when coach Mike Shanahan addresses the media following practice.

I am hoping they sit him this week. I would rather start a healthy Freeman and hope that the skins let RGIII get completely healthy with a week of rest and be ready for the fantasy championship game but I don't think Shanahan is listening to me.:wall:

I am hoping they sit him this week. I would rather start a healthy Freeman and hope that the skins let RGIII get completely healthy with a week of rest and be ready for the fantasy championship game but I don't think Shanahan is listening to me.:wall:

Same boat here. That Freeman matchup is sweet.

Same boat here. That Freeman matchup is sweet.

Yes it is and it couldn't have lined up at a better time. I think if Washington chooses to play RGIII he will definitely be limited this week and might risk further damage. I think it helps everyone, RGIII, Washington and ME if they let him have the week off to reduce the risk of further injury.

I think the training staff, coaches, and RGIII knows his injury better than anyone here. Remember, RGIII continued playing a couple snaps after the injury.

There is no way the Redskins will play their franchise superstar if there is a risk to further injury.

freeman will have 3 tds this week, if not a rushing one on top of that. I wouldn't think twice about starting him over RGIII. Cleveland D is not bad either, and they're playing on the road. I'd run with Freeman over a healthy RGIII TBH...

HTH

freeman will have 3 tds this week, if not a rushing one on top of that. I wouldn't think twice about starting him over RGIII. Cleveland D is not bad either, and they're playing on the road. I'd run with Freeman over a healthy RGIII TBH...

HTH

Im considering starting Wilson over RG3

yea dunno about wilson, but freeman is a lock for a monster game. They can't stop the pass, so Brees gonna lay it on them, which means bucs will be throwing a lot. ANd guess what, NO is even more inefficient at stopping the pass than TB. I really think 250 and 3 tds is the floor here. He's a top 3 qb this week...

i don't know if you can trust wilson on the road... he hasn't been that good away from home.

Sounds like RG3 is going to play, if he plays im starting him, he got me into the playoffs and i will burn with him i guess..he seemed pretty mobile today at practice.

Report: Griffin has taken no first-team reps FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports Robert Griffin III (questionable, knee) has taken no first-team practice reps this week, and Kirk Cousins has handled them all.

Per Glazer, Griffin's Week 15 status "is truly a game-time decision." Griffin has thrown to receivers on the side and participated in some individual drills, but there have been "no first-team reps at all." Redskins-Browns has a 1PM ET start on Sunday, so we will know Griffin's availability early. If Griffin does not play, Pierre Garcon's fantasy outlook would take a sizable blow. Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter Dec 14 - 2:45 PM

If RG3 is out, i have to start Wilson or Weeden SMH

Him being held out is nowhere near the worst case scenario. The worst thing that could happen is that he gets the start and owners lock him in and he gets out there and either takes a hit and the knee just swells up so he's pulled or he makes a cut and a grade one sprain turns into a complete tear and he is done for the season heading into fantasy championship week.

Him being held out is nowhere near the worst case scenario. The worst thing that could happen is that he gets the start and owners lock him in and he gets out there and either takes a hit and the knee just swells up so he's pulled or he makes a cut and a grade one sprain turns into a complete tear and he is done for the season heading into fantasy championship week.

This.

Doesn't even hafta be that bad from a fantasy perspective. He just hasta re-injure it and be out for the next couple weeks.

Can't start him, IMO. Regardless of whether he plays or not.

All the video they posted of him today in practice, he looked good & didn't appear to have any limp. But I have the same fear that many other owners have posted about that he starts the game & takes one hit which re-aggravates the injury & gets pulled.

Only problem I have is that I'd be starting Romo vs. the Steelers defense instead of RGIII. Not a fun situation to be in.

All the video they posted of him today in practice, he looked good & didn't appear to have any limp. But I have the same fear that many other owners have posted about that he starts the game & takes one hit which re-aggravates the injury & gets pulled.

Only problem I have is that I'd be starting Romo vs. the Steelers defense instead of RGIII. Not a fun situation to be in.

Question: At the last minute, if RG3 is out, and Cosuins, who has taken all the first team reps all week starts, do you even consider picking him up off the wire and starting him? In the playoffs? Would be a ballsy move. How bad does your backup hafta be? Do you start him over Palmer?

Question: At the last minute, if RG3 is out, and Cosuins, who has taken all the first team reps all week starts, do you even consider picking him up off the wire and starting him? In the playoffs? Would be a ballsy move. How bad does your backup hafta be? Do you start him over Palmer?

This is all true, i just dont know how i can start him. He can make one cut and pull something and he is out for the game, and there is 0pts. In the playoffs you need guaranteed pts. I think im rolling with Weeden, it sucks but i should be able to get some pts. Im already starting Gordon as WR2, so if i expect Gordon to do good, well Weeden needs to throw him the ball. Am i really going all in with the Browns?? VS the skins, yes i am.

I think I'd roll with Palmer in that situation. He's at home & you know he's gonna be throwing it all day.

A decision on Robert Griffin III's playing status against the Cleveland Browns in Week 15 is out of the hands of the Washington Redskins quarterback and his coaches.

NFL.com's Albert Breer cited a team source Saturday in reporting that Griffin's status will come down to the Redskins doctor's assessment.

Darlington: QB class for the ages

Andrew Luck and RG3 head a rookie QB class likely to go down as one of the best in history, Jeff Darlington says. More ...

According to Breer, Washington is willing to start Griffin at less than 100 percent in Cleveland, and it's a near certainty he would be less than 100 percent healthy if he played. What the coaches aren't going to do, per the source, is play him if there's risk of further injury to his lateral collateral ligament.

Griffin is questionable to play Sunday against the Browns as he recovers from a sprained LCL in his right knee. He practiced this week, but was limited to individual drills. Rookie backup Kirk Cousins took all first-team reps.

Redskins coaches are confident they can retrofit the offense to fit Cousins' skill-set, according to Breer, reverting to the type of offense that offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan ran with the Houston Texans and in his first two years in Washington.

I'm starting Luck over him whether he plays or not.

I may be starting Weeden it looks like, stupid play or smart?

Im also starting Gordon

I dont think he is playing.

See link below:

http://www.physioroom.com/injuries/knee/lateral_collateral_ligament_sprain_full.php

for those of you who do not want to link to an external site, what this generally means is this:

In the case of a first degree sprain, sporting activities should not be undertaken for about 3 weeks.

For second degree sprains, the rehabilitation period will be between 6 and 8 weeks. Rehabilitation under the supervision of a chartered physiotherapist is desirable to prevent a recurrence of the injury, which can be common if a return to sport is attempted too early. Running in a swimming pool, using a Buoyancy Aid, is an ideal method of maintaining fitness while the ligament is healing.

In the case of a third degree sprain, where the ligament is completely ruptured, the treatment of choice is surgery to repair the structure. The type of reconstruction used will depend on the exact site of the damage and the preference of the surgeon.

I have not been able to find out what kind of sprain it is, but my guess is it is a first or second degree sprain. If it were a third degree sprain, he would not be practicing.

I'm guessing there is a 65% chance Shanny is using RGIII as a decoy. I know when I saw the injury, it looked pretty bad, and I wouldnt be surprised if it were a second degree sprain. I realize with modern medicine people can heal faster than before, but I still think it's asking a lot to expect RGIII to play after only 1 week even if it is a first degree sprain.

They recommend 3 weeks for a first degree sprain which means, they will probably sit him for one week and start him next week.(if it is a first degree sprain)

This is the best guess I can give you based on the medical science part of the injury I was able to find online.

I dont think he is playing.

See link below:

http://www.physioroom.com/injuries/knee/lateral_collateral_ligament_sprain_full.php

for those of you who do not want to link to an external site, what this generally means is this:

In the case of a first degree sprain, sporting activities should not be undertaken for about 3 weeks.

For second degree sprains, the rehabilitation period will be between 6 and 8 weeks. Rehabilitation under the supervision of a chartered physiotherapist is desirable to prevent a recurrence of the injury, which can be common if a return to sport is attempted too early. Running in a swimming pool, using a Buoyancy Aid, is an ideal method of maintaining fitness while the ligament is healing.

In the case of a third degree sprain, where the ligament is completely ruptured, the treatment of choice is surgery to repair the structure. The type of reconstruction used will depend on the exact site of the damage and the preference of the surgeon.

I have not been able to find out what kind of sprain it is, but my guess is it is a first or second degree sprain. If it were a third degree sprain, he would not be practicing.

I'm guessing there is a 65% chance Shanny is using RGIII as a decoy. I know when I saw the injury, it looked pretty bad, and I wouldnt be surprised if it were a second degree sprain. I realize with modern medicine people can heal faster than before, but I still think it's asking a lot to expect RGIII to play after only 1 week even if it is a first degree sprain.

They recommend 3 weeks for a first degree sprain which means, they will probably sit him for one week and start him next week.(if it is a first degree sprain)

This is the best guess I can give you based on the medical science part of the injury I was able to find online.

found another site:

this is somewhat helpful. info below:

As with the other ligaments of the knee, sprains are graded according to the severity of the injury.

Grade I:

The ligament has been stretched, causing microscopic tears in the fibers, but the joint is still stable.

Grade II:

There is a partial tear in the ligament and mild to moderate instability in the joint.

Symptoms:

Grade I sprain:

Mild tenderness on the outside of the knee over the LCL position

Very mild or no swelling

Some pain upon stressing of the joint

No looseness of the joint

Grade II sprain:

The area over the LCL is moderately tender

Some swelling

Pain upon stressing of the joint

Some looseness in the joint, but it cannot be completely bent sideways

Received a text from ESPN

"Redskins informed Kirk Cousins to start at QB, not Robert Griffin III (knee), sources tell Adam Schefter.

Yea I wasn't gonna play him anyway. Maybe he will be the backup?

I may be starting Weeden it looks like, stupid play or smart?

Im also starting Gordon

I currently have Romo starting but Weeden is available. Just can't convince myself to start Weeden over Romo even though I prefer Weeden's matchup.