Sign in to follow this  
ian Potter

Ryan Mathews

Guy has looked like crap and hasn't nearly seen as much playing time as he was projected to see.

Brown is out. Should spend majority of time on the field. Anyone pulling him off the bench?

I'm starting Wilson this week and tempted to pull Mathews off the bench over Murray. Not expecting anything huge but figure the added receptions and receiving yards should get him around 15-20 points in a PPR league.

I benched him last week in favor of Givens. I'm putting him back in this week over Givens, L Moore and Hilton. The Brown news is nice, but I'm more interested in how bad Carolina's D is versus the run (28th most FF pts given up to RB's). I've made it this far with Mathews basically giving me nothing. It may be insanity plugging him back in and expecting something different, but things are perfectly aligned for him this week. We'll see.

I benched him last week in favor of Givens. I'm putting him back in this week over Givens, L Moore and Hilton. The Brown news is nice, but I'm more interested in how bad Carolina's D is versus the run (28th most FF pts given up to RB's). I've made it this far with Mathews basically giving me nothing. It may be insanity plugging him back in and expecting something different, but things are perfectly aligned for him this week. We'll see.

I'm not expecting anything huge. Like I said I think his value will come from an increase in 3rd down receptions with Brown being out. I could see him rushing for 40-70 yards and getting 5 receptions for 30-40yards.

From my perspective I think it will be easier for Mathews to get me 15 points than Murray going against Pitt's DEF.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5603/ryan-mathews

The Union-Tribune San Diego expects Ryan Mathews to break or near his career high of 29 touches against the Panthers.

According to reliable beat writer Michael Gehlken, the Bolts want Mathews "heavily involved with Ronnie Brown likely out." That's been our expectation all week, though with Mathews averaging just 3.8 yards per carry and 4.3 yards per touch, it's hard to get excited about him as anything more than a low-end RB2/flex. Mathews carried the rock 25 times in Week 14, but gained just 65 yards (2.6 YPC). However, if you have a shaky running back corps, Mathews' expected workload is a compelling tiebreaker. Dec 14 - 5:23 PM

Source: Michael Gehlken on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5603/ryan-mathews

The Union-Tribune San Diego expects Ryan Mathews to break or near his career high of 29 touches against the Panthers.

According to reliable beat writer Michael Gehlken, the Bolts want Mathews "heavily involved with Ronnie Brown likely out." That's been our expectation all week, though with Mathews averaging just 3.8 yards per carry and 4.3 yards per touch, it's hard to get excited about him as anything more than a low-end RB2/flex. Mathews carried the rock 25 times in Week 14, but gained just 65 yards (2.6 YPC). However, if you have a shaky running back corps, Mathews' expected workload is a compelling tiebreaker. Dec 14 - 5:23 PM

Source: Michael Gehlken on Twitter

This one is giving me real problems. I've got to pick between Alf, McFadden, Mathews, and David Wilson at RB and flex. Currently I'm leaning towards Alf, Wilson, and DMC. DMC vs Mathews is very close. What do you guys think? I'm starting to think that Mathews might be the better play since he is going to get touches on a team that is more likely to get into the red zone.

This one is giving me real problems. I've got to pick between Alf, McFadden, Mathews, and David Wilson at RB and flex. Currently I'm leaning towards Alf, Wilson, and DMC. DMC vs Mathews is very close. What do you guys think? I'm starting to think that Mathews might be the better play since he is going to get touches on a team that is more likely to get into the red zone.

Doubting he'll get the Redzone carries if that's what your basing your decision off of. Battle should see those. Think he only gets value in PPR bc Rivers constantly dumps it down to his RB's.

I hope you are on to something. Cause after playing Dalton over Romo i need lots of help getting just 14 from my QB :( Mathews did not look to bad last week vs the Steelers even though i was routing against him since i benched him

I hope you are on to something. Cause after playing Dalton over Romo i need lots of help getting just 14 from my QB :( Mathews did not look to bad last week vs the Steelers even though i was routing against him since i benched him

same since i started brown in a league as well with Mathews.

It may be insanity plugging him back in and expecting something different, but things are perfectly aligned for him this week. We'll see.

This is my thinking.

Is this the vindicating week for Mathews and his owners who have made it this far despite enduring his failures? It's a golden matchup against a team that has been gashed on the ground this year. It was the semifinal week last year when Mathews went off against Baltimore and put many of his owners in the fantasy bowl.

This is my thinking.

Is this the vindicating week for Mathews and his owners who have made it this far despite enduring his failures? It's a golden matchup against a team that has been gashed on the ground this year. It was the semifinal week last year when Mathews went off against Baltimore and put many of his owners in the fantasy bowl.

[/quote

I've been going back and forth on this one. Right now I'm Luke warm on Matthews. His ypc is under 4.0 the last four games. I just don't think his line can open holes for him to run through.

I think I'm going to start him over Ridley this week. I just feel like I can't ignore the guaranteed touches Mathews will get. He's definitely a safe play and who knows he could maybe, just maybe score a td.

I'm going with Mathews in my flex. Let's hope he cleaned the sand out of his vagina and is ready to roll. I'm not expecting TDs but would be very happy if he got the receptions that Ronnie ###### Brown has been stealing all year.

Wow. Broke the OTHER collarbone :blink: You couldn't make this stuff up. Fock this guy. He really should rethink his decision to play football for a living, and I'm not being facetious about that.

Wow. Broke the OTHER collarbone :blink: You couldn't make this stuff up. Fock this guy. He really should rethink his decision to play football for a living, and I'm not being facetious about that.

Couldn't have been more wrong. I will not take this guy in the 15th rd next year!

If by produce you mean break the other bone that helps anchor the sternum to the shoulder then YES he will definitely produce.

Called this this preseason. Not the injury, but the huge suckfest that is Ryan Matthews. Enjoy all those experts who called him a top 5.