Sign in to follow this  
eaglesfreak

So livid right now!

I'm in a league where theres 3 conferences (36 teams total)..week 16 is the championship game for each conference..Week 17 is the grand superbowl where u face 3 teams...I have Matt Ryan who will see a qtr or 2 and then sit..and Weeden who is hurt!! Soooo we put a bid (which we have only a $1 left) for Vick or schaub or tannehill which were the only 3 starting qbs available..And the sh!thead that we beat last week to make it to the grand bowl bids $2 on all 3 of them!!!!!!!!!! and he has brady!! WTF ...This is ridiculous and I am so livid..Should I complain to commissioner?

I'm in a league where theres 3 conferences (36 teams total)..week 16 is the championship game for each conference..Week 17 is the grand superbowl where u face 3 teams...I have Matt Ryan who will see a qtr or 2 and then sit..and Weeden who is hurt!! Soooo we put a bid (which we have only a $1 left) for Vick or schaub or tannehill which were the only 3 starting qbs available..And the sh!thead that we beat last week to make it to the grand bowl bids $2 on all 3 of them!!!!!!!!!! and he has brady!! WTF ...This is ridiculous and I am so livid..Should I complain to commissioner?

Hahaha. Yes, complain to the commish. "He outsmarted me!". Hahahaha. Hahahaha.

Hahahaha. Hahahaha. Hohohoho. Merry Christmas! Hohohoho. Merry Christmas!

unless it's a dynasty league, I see no reason why teams that aren't in the playoffs get to continue to make roster moves. Does he have a game this week, like a consolation style game? If so, then I can see it maybe, but it's also up to you to plan accordingly for roster moves in the post-season. Getting down to your last $ isn't all that smart. Nor is relying on Matt Ryan, when it was very clear they could lock up home field this past week and go in autopilot for this week. I would have been looking for a better backup to Ryan before last weeks games just based on that.

You should have saved more $$ for just this reason, lesson learned.

To his credit, he planned ahead with Weeden who got hurt last week.

Going into a championship with Weeden as my potential starting QB doesn't qualify as planning ahead in my book.

Going into a championship with Weeden as my potential starting QB doesn't qualify as planning ahead in my book.

In a 36 team league???

In a 36 team league???

And Schaub and Tannehill are still available in a 36 team league?

FWIW, I pretty much agree with cbfalcon, and exactly what do you think it would accomplish other than labeling you a whiner? Smooth cack-block move by the other owner. You must have really pizzed him off.

This one is on you....and why do you play in a league that has a week 17 championship anyway?

And Schaub and Tannehill are still available in a 36 team league?

FWIW, I pretty much agree with cbfalcon, and exactly what do you think it would accomplish other than labeling you a whiner? Smooth cack-block move by the other owner. You must have really pizzed him off.

This one is on you....and why do you play in a league that has a week 17 championship anyway?

I would imagine it's a league where each conference (he said there were 3) has a separate "draft." So, it's likely that Ryan is owned 3 times (once in each conference). Otherwise, there's no way a 36 team league would work; there wouldn't be enough starting QBs for every team. That being said, at the very least, he should pick up Luke McCown to start in place of Ryan, if he feels like he needs to.

BTW-has there been any official word out of Atlanta about what the starters will be doing?

Some coaches/teams "rest" players, some don't. Tony Dungy would almost always rest players in this situation (nothing to gain), while Belicheck tends not to. Does anyone know (quotes, reports, etc) what Smith has done, will do in this situation?

never understood why people think an owner who is "out of it" is not allowed to continue to run his team and pick up free agents.

didnt that owner pay to be in the league? I know in my leagues, even the ones i missed the playoffs in, we still get match ups each week. I only get to enjoy FF 16 weeks of the year why would I NOT continue to actively manage my team?

never understood why people think an owner who is "out of it" is not allowed to continue to run his team and pick up free agents.

didnt that owner pay to be in the league? I know in my leagues, even the ones i missed the playoffs in, we still get match ups each week. I only get to enjoy FF 16 weeks of the year why would I NOT continue to actively manage my team?

That's the key. Don't know if the OP ever answered whether this team has a matchup this week. If he doesn't, it makes no sense for him to pick up players, or be allowed to in the first place.

Although even if he has a matchup, picking up three QBs when you already have Brady is not about managing your team. Let's not pretend that it is. It's a pretty obvious fock you to the OP.

All that said, there's no valid complaint here other than "thats not fair". Suck it up.

You're kind of a buffoon, no? Who cares about a consolation game? You have to be the biggest loser imaginable to care about your "match ups" after you're eliminated. The guy picked up every FA QB just to be a ######.

Cause you didn't make the playoffs. Your money is good for you to play weeks 1-13, then if you are good enough you get to go further. But your suck ass team that didn't make the playoffs should not be stealing players from people who did.

You're kind of a buffoon, no? Who cares about a consolation game? You have to be the biggest loser imaginable to care about your "match ups" after you're eliminated. The guy picked up every FA QB just to be a ######.

:lol:

well first of all, many leagues have aspects that award draft position based on outcome of the consolation ladder.

also, personally i play in a long standing league where bragging rights are such a large part of it that even two guys playing each other for last place still want to beat the other guy and hold it over him. :dunno:

im not syaing picking up 3 QB's is legit. It was obviously done to screw the other team. I was not even talking about this specific scenario. I was just addressing the fact that so many people act like once you are out of the playoffs you should stop paying attention to your team. If I want to beat my opponent and I see a QB with a good match up, why can't I pick up that player? Why should I give a fock about the playoff owner who wasn't prepared?

Cause you didn't make the playoffs. Your money is good for you to play weeks 1-13, then if you are good enough you get to go further. But your suck ass team that didn't make the playoffs should not be stealing players from people who did.

why not? i've never been in a league where I was told my money was no good after week 13 unless I won X amount of games. I guess if its such a concern, you better stick to leagues with written rules keeping non playoff owners from participating.

again, why should I give a fock about the playoff owner who was unprepared?

Umm, no... The expectation that teams should have a free buffett of WW picks before the finals is pretty naive...

Dude got outsmarted... Tough luck. Be quicker next time, had you picked up these guys a week before you wouldn't be crying now...

Umm, no... The expectation that teams should have a free buffett of WW picks before the finals is pretty naive...

Dude got outsmarted... Tough luck. Be quicker next time, had you picked up these guys a week before you wouldn't be crying now...

That's been my point all along, if you're not looking at this week AND down the road, you're not managing properly. I have Matt Ryan on my roster, as well as Julio Jones. If I had a game in Week 17 I'd have damned sure been looking at a backup QB for that matchup because I would know if the Falcons win over the Lions in Wk 16, it's over...put it on autopilot until the playoffs, and Weeden would do NOTHING for me. As stated, it has to be a league where players appear multiple times, otherwise there is no explanation for why Schaub, Tannehill or any other starting QB in the NFL would even be available.

That said, so say our whiny OP beat "Team A" last week and Team A still has a match-up this week, for 3rd place or 1st loser in the consolation bracket or whatever. Unless his opponent has issues @ QB, there's no reason for him to use those WW bids on those QB's, unless it's the cack-block. But it's YOUR team. You cannot depend on anyone else to be nice to you and leave you a player any more than you can depend on them to bench their players so you can win. It's a competition...it's not the YMCA where everybody gets a trophy. If you want to win, you work harder than the other guys. And you didn't.

:lol: WW is a huge bufoon!

Must be a true Eagles fan. Starts a thread then disappears. Kind of like the Eagles...they start a game then disappear.

I'm betting it was Cowboy fan that did this.

Looks like it was a very successful block. Well done. You need to prepare for week 17 and all it's craziness on who is playing and who is not. Our Super Bowl ended in week 17, but we have a large cumulative payout that goes through week 17. Budgeting is key because money is won and lost on week 17.

Just my two pennies

:lol: WW is a huge bufoon!

don't mind this guy, he follows me around like a lost puppy.

why not? i've never been in a league where I was told my money was no good after week 13 unless I won X amount of games. I guess if its such a concern, you better stick to leagues with written rules keeping non playoff owners from participating.

again, why should I give a fock about the playoff owner who was unprepared?

That's exactly what I do. In my 16 years of playing only played in one league ever where the losers were allowed to make waiver moves, and after one year that rule was changed cause everyone thought it was stupid that teams who were not good enough to make the playoffs were making transactions affecting the teams that were good enough to make the playoffs.

To sum it up, if you are not good enough to make the playoffs and there is no consolation prize for the losers your season is done after week 13. If this was a guy playing for 3rd place which involves some money than yeah that guy had every right to make the moves also.

It depends, if his opponent is the one that picked up the players, then yeah fock him. If it was some loser who isn't in the playoffs, then no that is stupid.

It depends, if his opponent is the one that picked up the players, then yeah fock him. If it was some loser who isn't in the playoffs, then no that is stupid.

THIS. It would be a GREAT move by one of his two opponents this week. If the move was made by someone who has been eliminated from the playoffs, then it should not be allowed.

i guess i can understand the argument against it. I completely disagree but I understand why a playoff owner might get bent out of shape over a non playoff owner picking up a guy or guys he wanted. And in the context of this issue, yeah it's a ###### move because its obviously a cack block more so than this guy taking care of his own team for a week.

the only type of league I think could maybe, mayyyybeeee restrict transactions for non playoff teams is a straight redraft league where the non playoff teams are playing for absolutely nothing. If there is any kind of monetary prize or draft order determined by final record or consolation playoffs, then youve got no case. also, any type of keeper league better be letting all owners make waiver claims or thats just pure BS.

and again, at least two of my league are competitive to the bitter end amongst all teams. in a game like FF where you only get to go heads up with you buddies once or twice a season, those games are bragging rights.

i guess i can understand the argument against it. I completely disagree but I understand why a playoff owner might get bent out of shape over a non playoff owner picking up a guy or guys he wanted. And in the context of this issue, yeah it's a ###### move because its obviously a cack block more so than this guy taking care of his own team for a week.

the only type of league I think could maybe, mayyyybeeee restrict transactions for non playoff teams is a straight redraft league where the non playoff teams are playing for absolutely nothing. If there is any kind of monetary prize or draft order determined by final record or consolation playoffs, then youve got no case. also, any type of keeper league better be letting all owners make waiver claims or thats just pure BS.

and again, at least two of my league are competitive to the bitter end amongst all teams. in a game like FF where you only get to go heads up with you buddies once or twice a season, those games are bragging rights.

As thrilling as the battle for 11th place bragging rights sounds, I think it is time to put on big boy pants and accept that the season is over.

My comments refer to strict redraft leagues. Obviously keeper leagues and dynasty leagues are a whole different animal. The season is never over for any team in those type of leagues. But in a strict redraft league, once your team is eliminated, I don't think you should be able to make ANY moves unless their is a toilet bowl or still something for them to play for.

In this case, if a team picked up 3 different QB's in the same week AND is eliminated from the playoffs, that could be considered collusion as they are only helping out the other 2 remaining playoff teams by blocking the OP from having a QB this week. And even if they are in the toilet bowl, what benefit do they get from picking up THREE QB's in the same week? Unless their is justification for blocking a team they are playing in the toilet bowl, I think that this goes against the "spirit of the game." They are not making moves to benefit their team.

When you are officially out of the running you should not be allowed to make any moves. What's to say this guy who bid $2 isn't colluding with the other guy in the championship game. Yes you pay your mean to play the whole season, but your season is over when you are eliminated from the playoffs. It's also just an obvious d ick move by the loser.

This is the correct answer.

As thrilling as the battle for 11th place bragging rights sounds, I think it is time to put on big boy pants and accept that the season is over.

yes you could take that approach. or you could put your big boy pants on and try to beat your best friend from college who has offered to throw $50 down on the game.

i suppose its a "to each his own" type of thing, dependent on the league your in.

yes you could take that approach. or you could put your big boy pants on and try to beat your best friend from college who has offered to throw $50 down on the game.

i suppose its a "to each his own" type of thing, dependent on the league your in.

sure and you should do that without affecting the non losers by playing with the team you have.

sure and you should do that without affecting the non losers by playing with the team you have.

:headbanger:

sorry. i'm starting trent richardson because i only have mathews on the bench.

i'm starting dallas clark because i lost keller :shocking: and i had to decide on cobb by 5pm today.

the 11th week is the add/drop deadline. i thought i was smart by picking up foles for week 17 in case brady got benched.

i contacted my opponent and we are going 60/40. in a td only league w/ average score of 36, he is favored by 20. i am glad he took the deal.

i am not livid, i am sad.

Most issues where people have complaints on here are due to a faulty league rules setup or not well thought out things like. The week 17 Super Bowl. you knew the rules and got bit by them. establish a rules review in the off season and fix the root of the problems.

- week 17 SB

- waivers for elimated teams

- waivers in week 17 for that matter

you also left yourself with limited depth and waiver $ so it's on you for that one.

stop whining and solve the problem