Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

2013 Early QB Rankings

I think top tier has gone from like 3 to 7.

I would put Peyton 6, Ryan 7

Luck over Peyton?!!!!! Guys, Peyton was insanely good this year and luck won a bunch of games with a terrible td/int ratio. thats the single most important category for fantasy, TDs. Peyton should be above RG3 as well, being a running qb always puts a 16 gm season in serious doubt. Im fine with brady at the top. Luck is not with the big boys yet.

Brady

Brees

Peyton

Rodgers

RG3

Would you have Russel Wilson or Andy Dalton in the top 12? If so, who do you cut?

10,11 or 12 could easily be Dalton or Wilson...

my top 12

1) Brees

2) Rodgers

3) Cam

4) Brady

5) RG3

6) Peyton

7) Ryan

8) Stafford

9) Wilson

10) Kaepernick

11) Dalton

12) Romo

Eli no way in hell is top 12, Luck could be in there, but I like the rest of these guys better next year, Freeman is too inconsistant

Brady, Brees and Rodgers make up the top tier of fantasy quarterbacks for 2013. After that, four through nine are pretty close together and you could make the argument that the next tier should include Eli, Romo, Freeman, Wilson, Dalton and perhaps Roethlisberger.

I think Luck proved that he will belong in consideration for being included in the second tier of NFL quarterbacks in 2013 and with no top notch talent at RB, the Colts will throw it plenty next season.

Wilson has looked good this season but I expect defenses will key a little more on him next season by taking away his throwing lanes. Freeman was enjoyed a solid season before going through a five game slump to end the season.

my top 12

1) Brees

2) Rodgers

3) Cam

4) Brady

5) RG3

6) Peyton

7) Ryan

8) Stafford

9) Wilson

10) Kaepernick

11) Dalton

12) Romo

Eli no way in hell is top 12, Luck could be in there, but I like the rest of these guys better next year, Freeman is too inconsistant

Eli had a down year. The whole giants offense did. But hes still a steady guy if you wait long on your qb. Probably a very good value next season

Brady, Brees and Rodgers make up the top tier of fantasy quarterbacks for 2013. After that, four through nine are pretty close together and you could make the argument that the next tier should include Eli, Romo, Freeman, Wilson, Dalton and perhaps Roethlisberger.

I think Luck proved that he will belong in consideration for being included in the second tier of NFL quarterbacks in 2013 and with no top notch talent at RB, the Colts will throw it plenty next season.

Wilson has looked good this season but I expect defenses will key a little more on him next season by taking away his throwing lanes. Freeman was enjoyed a solid season before going through a five game slump to end the season.

The top tier includes Peyton, I just dont think this can be debated. The top 3 is absolutely the top 4, any order you like. The big improvement has come in the 2nd tier. Roethlis, Eli and romo have been ousted by Cam, RG3 and arguably Luck. all I know is QB is about to be as deep as its ever been next year and theres no way im spending a 1st rnd pick on a QB considering the enormous talent in the 2nd and 3rd. Thats pretty much always the case but this next year moreso than in many recent years.

Everyone still sleeping on Ryan... I will ride him to the Championship again next year!

I'll be keeping him in my main money league, so... from your mouf to the fantasy gods' ears. :cheers:

The article mentions Gonzo retiring which hurts, but Julio in his 3rd year (if he can stay healthy) could be a monster, and I think Jacquizz has a chance to be somewhat special next year in PPR.

Cam slumped big-time in his softmore year... I expect the same of Griffin, especially if they don't upgrade those pathetic WRs.

Everyone still sleeping on Ryan... I will ride him to the Championship again next year!

Agreed. I figured Ryan would be a consensus top 5 next year. :dunno:

Agreed. I figured Ryan would be a consensus top 5 next year. :dunno:

Its cause I think most people see Ryan as a guy who hit his ceiling this year, I certainly do. And he still finished 5th, the guys ranked around him, Cam, RG3 have a lot more upside potential, while posting the same ppg this season anyways

Its cause I think most people see Ryan as a guy who hit his ceiling this year, I certainly do. And he still finished 5th, the guys ranked around him, Cam, RG3 have a lot more upside potential, while posting the same ppg this season anyways

I dont see that at all...

I see a guy who put up 2 terrible games against weak defenses in Oak & NO, that could have produced WAY better numbers

I see a guy who was throttled back in 2nd half of 3-5 games because the game was out of hand.

I see a guy who will be in the 2nd year of a new system and will only get better

I see a guy who probably has the best WR tandem in the NFL

Gonzalez may retire and that is certainly a blow, but let's face it, he's old.. A younger, faster TE may feast on single coverage all game as well.

Gonzo has played at a Pro Bowl level during his time in Atlanta. There is no way that they his replacement will produce at those levels if he retires.

Jones may pick up some of the slack and they may get more out of the running back position but they won't be able to get Pro Bowl quality production from a replacement tight end.

Gonzo is old but he is still playing very well.

Cam slumped big-time in his softmore year... I expect the same of Griffin, especially if they don't upgrade those pathetic WRs.

Cam really didn't slump that much at all this season. He just had a completely unsustainable 14 rushing TD's his rookie year.

2011: 4051 pass yards, 21 TD's, 17 INT's, 706 rushing yards, 14 TD's = 366.6 fantasy points

2012: 3869 pass yards, 19 TD's, 12 INT's, 741 rushing yards, 8 TD's= 328.86 fantasy points

So the only difference was mainly the 6 extra rushing TD's that almost everyone said he wouldn't achieve again.

I think this is being blown way out of proportion.

Did he live up to his 2012 hype by building on his phenomenal rookie season? Certainly not. But I'm not sure it's fair to say that he slumped:

2011: 60.0% comp, 4051 pass yards (7.84 ypa), 21 TD's/19 INT's. 55.0 Total QBR and 85.5 QB Rating. 706 rushing yards 14 TD's.

2012: 57.7% comp, 3869 pass yards (7.98 ypa), 19 TD's/12 INT's. 54.2 Total QBR and 86.2 QB Rating. 741 rushing yards 8 TD's.

I think those are very similar #'s - especially his passing numbers, which I consider more consistent year-to-year than QB rushing stats. Granted his passing yards and TD's were both down, but his efficiency numbers were every bit as good in his sophomore year, he just threw the ball less in 2012.

I don't think he'll ever repeat his 14 rushing TD's as a rookie, but Cam was as good as any fantasy QB for the last 6 games of the season. Plus his upside is huge - imagine if he does improve his accuracy while getting a legitimate #2 WR. Could easily see another season in which Cam throws for 3,800+ yards 20+ TD's and runs for 700+ yards and another 6-10 TD's.

For some reason I just don't see Tony Gonzalez retiring yet. He's still playing at such an incredibly high level. I know he claims he's 95% sure he's retiring, but the fact that he let the door open to returning makes me believe he eventually will.

Cam really didn't slump that much at all this season. He just had a completely unsustainable 14 rushing TD's his rookie year.

2011: 4051 pass yards, 21 TD's, 17 INT's, 706 rushing yards, 14 TD's = 366.6 fantasy points

2012: 3869 pass yards, 19 TD's, 12 INT's, 741 rushing yards, 8 TD's= 328.86 fantasy points

So the only difference was mainly the 6 extra rushing TD's that almost everyone said he wouldn't achieve again.

Ha, beat me to it!

I think this is being blown way out of proportion.

Did he live up to his 2012 hype by building on his phenomenal rookie season? Certainly not. But I'm not sure it's fair to say that he slumped:

2011: 60.0% comp, 4051 pass yards (7.84 ypa), 21 TD's/19 INT's. 55.0 Total QBR and 85.5 QB Rating. 706 rushing yards 14 TD's.

2012: 57.7% comp, 3869 pass yards (7.98 ypa), 19 TD's/12 INT's. 54.2 Total QBR and 86.2 QB Rating. 741 rushing yards 8 TD's.

I think those are very similar #'s - especially his passing numbers, which I consider more consistent year-to-year than QB rushing stats. Granted his passing yards and TD's were both down, but his efficiency numbers were every bit as good in his sophomore year, he just threw the ball less in 2012.

I don't think he'll ever repeat his 14 rushing TD's as a rookie, but Cam was as good as any fantasy QB for the last 6 games of the season. Plus his upside is huge - imagine if he does improve his accuracy while getting a legitimate #2 WR. Could easily see another season in which Cam throws for 3,800+ yards 20+ TD's and runs for 700+ yards and another 6-10 TD's.

Stop copying my posts. Haha. :ninja: :cheers:

Cam was a huge letdown that finished with some great games to pad his stats back to respectability. He should make an even bigger improvement next year and depending on surrounding talent he recievs, could easily be a top 5 QB. Try to get him at a value next year, he will be worth it, he proved late this year tghat he didnt fall off the planet and the rookie year wasnt a fluke.

Cam was a huge letdown that finished with some great games to pad his stats back to respectability. He should make an even bigger improvement next year and depending on surrounding talent he recievs, could easily be a top 5 QB. Try to get him at a value next year, he will be worth it, he proved late this year tghat he didnt fall off the planet and the rookie year wasnt a fluke.

He was a top 5 fantasy QB THIS YEAR and LAST YEAR.

Here is lies the problem... Sure, cam was great down the stretch, but by then a lot of teams were already done in by his shotty start!

Here is lies the problem... Sure, cam was great down the stretch, but by then a lot of teams were already done in by his shotty start!

No team should ever be "done in" by one player in fantasy football.

You get to start 8-12 players in fantasy football, so 1 player is not consistently the only problem.