Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Really? Prepare to be lectured

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/ayanbadejo-plans-use-super-bowl-promote-same-sex-marrione

First it was Costas lecturing us at halftime about guns, now we get gay marriage at superbowl media day being most likely brought up by this Raven whose name I can't spell

What's next? Tax the rich discussion....oh wait those players are rich, you wont hear that one.

Sports is an escape from real life, let's keep it that way

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/ayanbadejo-plans-use-super-bowl-promote-same-sex-marrione

First it was Costas lecturing us at halftime about guns, now we get gay marriage at superbowl media day being most likely brought up by this Raven whose name I can't spell

What's next? Tax the rich discussion....oh wait those players are rich, you wont hear that one.

I'd rather this than somebody (coach/owner) telling/expecting a player to shut up. Guys work their entire lives for this moment, and now that they're here will respond to it in whatever way they feel, enjoy it the best they can.

It'll get whatever media attention it gets and then you move on.

You are too late. MK-Ultra

I'd rather this than somebody (coach/owner) telling/expecting a player to shut up. Guys work their entire lives for this moment, and now that they're here will respond to it in whatever way they feel, enjoy it the best they can.

It'll get whatever media attention it gets and then you move on.

And as long as its a liberal viewpoint its freedom of speech

I don't enjoy "liberal" sports anyway. Do you people really enjoy watch a "football player" run 25 yards down field and then slide so no one can hit him? :lol:

Tim Tebow, anyone? The guy became a sports media sensation, and he's about as conservative as you can get, and was not hesitant to let you know.

As long as you express your views in a respectful manner, I don't give two craps if it's liberal or conservative. Never quite understood why people think celebrities are not allowed to have opinions. Besides, I don't think the government is telling the more conservative players to keep their traps shut, so "freedom of speech" does not apply here. The team owners or coaches can silence their players all they want.

Tim Tebow, anyone? The guy became a sports media sensation, and he's about as conservative as you can get, and was not hesitant to let you know.

As long as you express your views in a respectful manner, I don't give two craps if it's liberal or conservative. Never quite understood why people think celebrities are not allowed to have opinions. Besides, I don't think the government is telling the more conservative players to keep their traps shut, so "freedom of speech" does not apply here. The team owners or coaches can silence their players all they want.

and we can stop watching when we get sick of it.

Yes and if it's liberal it receives no special attention or criticism.

While Tebow....people HATE him for discussing faith. Fans and sports talk/analysts alike.

I'd say the same thing about Tebow. But do you hate Tebow talking about his faith?

I hope you're consistent and hope the media is as well. I know I am. I've never criticized Tebow for being outspoken. Heck, I've not even criticized him for being a bad QB. Rookie QBs will tend to look bad -until this year's crop came along- but the kid was winning games.

IMO, the only person who should be told to STFU is you. People can say what they want. For the record gay rights or lack thereof isn't an issue that I care about.

I'd say the same thing about Tebow. But do you hate Tebow talking about his faith?

I hope you're consistent and hope the media is as well. I know I am.

Saying God bless, etc has nothing to do with politics.

Guns and gay marriage are highly charged political "footballs" and actually deal with laws of land.

Tebow is not lobbying anyone other than God.

You must be a liberal, telling me to STFU???? Really for what, you offended by Santa Obama avatar too?

Guns and gay marriage are highly charged political "footballs" and actually deal with laws of land.

So you are inconsistent. Then the problem is you. You're no worse than the media talking heads you criticize for look one way on on things and ignoring it the other way.

So you are inconsistent. Then the problem is you. You're no worse than the media talking heads you criticize for look one way on on things and ignoring it the other way.

I don't want to hear politics...Tebow talking about God is not political. If you didn't notice even your hero Santa Obama pretends to praise God. If God was political wouldn't one party run away from praising God?

Murf,

I feel you not wanting liberal viewpoints grandstanded with your media week coverage. Still, recent history is littered with athletes bringing attention to what they consider to be worthy causes. Its only a big deal if you make it one.

And Tebow is the worst example to cite dude. Tebow's halftime superbowl commercial with Focus on the Family was anti abortion, possibly an even more highly charged political 'football' than guns or gay marriage.

Have remote, will use it.

Murf,

I feel you not wanting liberal viewpoints grandstanded with your media week coverage. Still, recent history is littered with athletes bringing attention to what they consider to be worthy causes. Its only a big deal if you make it one.

And Tebow is the worst example to cite dude. Tebow's halftime superbowl commercial with Focus on the Family was anti abortion, possibly an even more highly charged political 'football' than guns or gay marriage.

Have remote, will use it.

BTW....Not one word about abortion in that commercial. Not even close.

Celebrate life...such a terrible message

I feel there may be something wrong with some of you. All this politics mixing with football and outrage is a tad strange.

Sometimes public figures express a personal opinion that disagrees with your own. No need to get all up in arms about it. Or care.

Allow same-sex couples the same freedoms as everyone else....such a terrible message

Well against most religions.... so not a message I want to hear about

And a message any parent besides extreme liberal really want their young kids dealing with

I don't want to hear politics...Tebow talking about God is not political. If you didn't notice even your hero Santa Obama pretends to praise God. If God was political wouldn't one party run away from praising God?

Politics/religion... potato-potahto

They're taking the opportunity of excessive media coverage to talk about things that are close to their heart. I don't support either position but I do support their right to speak their mind.

And you presume too much with me about Obama. Obama is a mixed bag with me. I've outline lots of differences I've had with Obama over the years and my opinion of him -right now, today- is at an all time low because I found his tactics/accomplishments during the fiscal cliff debate so disturbing. But that's an irrelelveant tangent.

Allow same-sex couples the same freedoms as everyone else....such a terrible message

What freedoms do they not have? They can be as gay as they want to be. We just don't want to pay for any of it. Simple, really.

Hey murf, I'm with you 100%. I don't know why but Hollywood lefties, musicians, and pretty much anyone else with a good sized bank account seems to think that they know more than us little people. So, every venue or event is a stage for them to spew their political agenda. It's like, shut up, I watch you for the movie, the game or the concert. I don't wanna hear your limousine liberal views and really don't care. It's always the same too, total left wing commie garbage.

Soon, I'm sure they'll shoehorn some junk science climate change crap in there too. Wait until they have a mild winter day.... They'll be all over it. Then, more anti gun stuff. Then, it'll be back to save the whales or some old school cause. Them lefties are always whining about something that's unfair..... Go away and just play the damned game. :thumbsdown:

RoadLizard - agree 100%

I find it amusing that people are interested in opinions of people who may / may not have a secondary education or a college dropout and take his/her opinion ABOVE anyone else.

Everyone has an opinion, and we are ALL blessed to live in a country where we can express our opinions. I just find it comical that the media elevate only those thoughts that have the same viewpoints as they .... No matter the source :)

And yes telling someone to STFU ... Seems well .... Pathetic

Dr RB

I'm wondering why someone who objects to mixing politics and sports would create a thread designed to do exactly that. And then proceed to do exactly that. Also, so-called Hollywood Lefties are obviously going to attract media attention, whether they spout politics or leave the house without makeup. And I seem to recall a certain Hollywood Lefty who spent 10 minutes talking to an empty chair on national TV. Sorta odd that the Murfs of the world didn't appear to have a problem with that one. Either did I. Wished he had gone on for another 10 minutes.

I'm wondering why someone who objects to mixing politics and sports would create a thread designed to do exactly that. And then proceed to do exactly that. Also, so-called Hollywood Lefties are obviously going to attract media attention, whether they spout politics or leave the house without makeup. And I seem to recall a certain Hollywood Lefty who spent 10 minutes talking to an empty chair on national TV. Sorta odd that the Murfs of the world didn't appear to have a problem with that one. Either did I. Wished he had gone on for another 10 minutes.

The empty chair was at a designated Republican political event not superbowl media day. HUGE difference. You are expected to talk politics at a political event....DUH.

What is not expected is a Bob Costas lecture at football halftime or gay marriage at a superbowl media day.

If you can't see the difference then of course I wouldn't expect you to understand the basic concept behind this thread.

And you are comparing me (a screen name in this big world) starting a thread complaining about potential gay marriage talk on media day to the actual famous football player bringing it up to the world on media day? :lol: well OK :dunno:

I would love to see this political thread loosely dressed up as a SB thread either :lock: or moved.

Liberals, conservatives, dems, reps, donkeys, elephants.....none of them have all the answers so go get on your political soapbox in the geek board please.

TIAF

Liberals, conservatives, dems, reps, donkeys, elephants.....none of them have all the answers so go get on your political soapbox in the geek board please.

TIAF

HERE HERE! Take it to the geek bored; the place these kind of threads go to live on forever in slowly declining rhetoric and insults...

I would love to see this political thread loosely dressed up as a SB thread either :lock: or moved.

TIAF

Couldn't agree with you more! This thread doesn't belong here.