Sign in to follow this  
minuteofdecay

calvin johnson for...

Calvin Johnson for demarco murray and Alfred morris. Good deal or not?

are you desperate for RB help? Who are your other WRs? Alfred Morris is much better in standard leagues than PPR.

Hard to say without knowing your team and scoring settings bud. On the face you're getting 2 RB1s for your all world WR1+

If you've got no running backs and enough acceptable wide receivers to fill after Calvin's gone then pull the trigger.

Hard to say without knowing your team and scoring settings bud. On the face you're getting 2 RB1s for your all world WR1+

If you've got no running backs and enough acceptable wide receivers to fill after Calvin's gone then pull the trigger.

DeMarco Murray is a RB1?

DeMarco Murray is a RB1?

It's a fair question. I think he'll do around 1K rushing yards with 6 tds and add 30 or so receptions for 200 yards and 2 more tds. That's RB1 territory for me. Of course he'll need to stay healthy to realize that.

Dynasty- hellz no. Calvin is the number 1 player in dynasty IMO. He has 5-8 years left of being the #1 WR in FF.

Morris is solid, but it may be a case of situation over talent. And situations change...and Murray hasn't proven he can stay healthy. But even if both perform at a high level, that means they are RB 7-12 type guys for 3-4 more years.

Redraft: yeah I would consider that depending on my other RBs and WRs.

Starting lineup now after trade

A Rodgers

M.forte

A.morris

D.Murray

A.brown

R.Cobb

Kicker

I can only star two rbs and two wrs or one rb and three wrs.

I also have tenth pick overall to get another wr, but I draft is slim only rookies or someone slipping though the cracks.

A Rodgers

M.forte

A.morris

D.Murray

A.brown

R.Cobb

Kicker

I can only star two rbs and wrs or one rb and three wrs.

I also have tenth pick overall to get another wr, but I draft is slim only rookies or someone slipping though the cracks.

So starting lineup wise, you traded Megatron for Morris.

Worst trade I've seen in a long time. Maybe ever in the history of fantasy football.

A Rodgers

M.forte

A.morris

D.Murray

A.brown

R.Cobb

Kicker

I can only star two rbs and two wrs or one rb and three wrs.

If you can only start two RBs, why does your starting lineup have 3 RBs in it?

Looks to me you went from a lineup of Forte/Johnson/Cobb/Brown to Forte/Morris/Cobb/Brown which is a net loss IMO. But you get a 3rd RB in it.

Forte is always hurt and scores almost no touchdowns, bye week I had no running backs, none in draft worth a 1 st rd hell none worth a second rd. Calvin good I know I drafted him traded him before got him back., but four tds out of him I couldn't win a week like that. Morris was second best back behind foster in our league maybe third don't know how many tds AP had. I thought it was fair trade I stole two top ten rbs from another team in a draft year that there isn't any. Wrs are a dime a dozen rbs not so much.

If you can only start two RBs, why does your starting lineup have 3 RBs in it?

Looks to me you went from a lineup of Forte/Johnson/Cobb/Brown to Forte/Morris/Cobb/Brown which is a net loss IMO. But you get a 3rd RB in it.

yeah messed up saw and just added how many to start.

Here's my full roster now

A. Rodgers

C. Ponder

M. Flynn

R. Mallet

M. Forte

D. Murray

A. Morris

M. Bush

M. Ingram

R.Williams

A. Brown(pitt wr)

R. Cobb

M. Sanu

R. Randle

A. Henery

M. Nugent

I have the ten overall pick then I done with this draft there's no one I like this year. We only have 18 on roster, no wavier wire. U are stuck with what you draft or trade for.

His running backs are Chris Johnson, Ben Tate, Tashard Choice and he has no 1 st rd pick, that was really what he traded to me Alfred morris wasn't drafted last year so that who I'm taking. Our cuts are due in less then two weeks and our draft is 1week after the NFL.

A. Rodgers

C. Ponder

M. Flynn

R. Mallet

M. Forte

D. Murray

A. Morris

M. Bush

M. Ingram

R.Williams

A. Brown(pitt wr)

R. Cobb

M. Sanu

R. Randle

A. Henery

M. Nugent

I have the ten overall pick then I done with this draft there's no one I like this year. We only have 18 on roster, no wavier wire. U are stuck with what you draft or trade for.

see if you can do a do over ......get the best wr in the game back

Maybe you can offer to trade him back Morris, Murray and Ingram for Megatron. Sell him with "it's like i gave you Ingram for free".

No I'm going to stick with it. At the end of the year we will see where I end up I finish 4 th last year. This league has a way different scoring system, then anything you guys play.

IMO #1 wr for 2 top ten rbs is worth it. It's a coin flip really, but I don't see anyone taking c.Johnson first overall in any drafts.

No I'm going to stick with it. At the end of the year we will see where I end up I finish 4 th last year. This league has a way different scoring system, then anything you guys play.

IMO #1 wr for 2 top ten rbs is worth it. It's a coin flip really, but I don't see anyone taking c.Johnson first overall in any drafts.

Dont double down on your boner. You don't have to start 2 RBs. :lol: You basically benched Megatron for Morris and added bench depth. Ugh. Does your league vote on vetoes? Maybe there is an avenue. Promise everyone that if they veto this, you'll throw them a bone down the line.

We'll see like I said ill post at the end of the year I made my team better. Sure I lost the #1 wr but I gained great depth now on bye weeks, or injuries i have three options not none. Like I said there is no wavier wire your rb goes down week 9 you have only your bench to replace with(trade deadline is start of week 9) and I made his rbs junk with only Chris y2.0 Johnson. I liked it maybe Calvin blows up or blows out a knee. We' ll see at the end of the year. I like my chances now. I'll draft one of the three wrs at #10 that I like and try to win my second title. There are ppl in this league for twenty years and have only won a WEEK, not the title. I know how this league works, you guys don't. Thanks for you opinions.

We'll see like I said ill post at the end of the year I made my team better. Sure I lost the #1 wr but I gained great depth now on bye weeks, or injuries i have three options not none. Like I said there is no wavier wire your rb goes down week 9 you have only your bench to replace with(trade deadline is start of week 9) and I made his rbs junk with only Chris y2.0 Johnson. I liked it maybe Calvin blows up or blows out a knee. We' ll see at the end of the year. I like my chances now. I'll draft one of the three wrs at #10 that I like and try to win my second title. There are ppl in this league for twenty years and have only won a WEEK, not the title. I know how this league works, you guys don't. Thanks for you opinions.

Nobody agrees with you. But maybe you'll get lucky. :dunno:

You never know what Mike Shanahan is doing. Morris won the job part by his talent but don't forget he also got it part by default when everybody else with a crack at the starting job (Hightower, Helu, Royster) all turned into gimps. With healthy backups, who knows what's going on? Morris isn't a three down back; hopefully he learns and puts another tool in his toolbox but last year he was completly lost/useless in the passing game.

Lack of catching is not a dealth penalty, by the way. Curtis Martin made the Hall of Fame despite abysmal receiving skills. Especially since your league is likely standard not PPR.

I'd try to aquire Helu as a handcuff for Morris, maybe even Royster, and also grab whoever backs up Murray (Tanner?). They should be had for dirt cheap.

Nobody agrees with you. But maybe you'll get lucky. :dunno:

That's right maybe I will. Like I said I pull this thread up after the year is over. Then ill eat crow or everyone else will.

You never know what Mike Shanahan is doing. Morris won the job part by his talent but don't forget he also got it part by default when everybody else with a crack at the starting job (Hightower, Helu, Royster) all turned into gimps. With healthy backups, who knows what's going on? Morris isn't a three down back; hopefully he learns and puts another tool in his toolbox but last year he was completly lost/useless in the passing game.

Lack of catching is not a dealth penalty, by the way. Curtis Martin made the Hall of Fame despite abysmal receiving skills. Especially since your league is likely standard not PPR.

I'd try to aquire Helu as a handcuff for Morris, maybe even Royster, and also grab whoever backs up Murray (Tanner?). They should be had for dirt cheap.

Thanks this was the type of reply I was looking for. Not you are wrong I have a crystal ball and see the future.

Yes it sucks for him to be in Washington, but his stats are really good even better than Calvin 1600 yds 13 or14 tds. Calvin was 1900 tds 5 tds only FIVE. I can't win this league with my number 1 wr with 5 tds.

That's right maybe I will. Like I said I pull this thread up after the year is over. Then ill eat crow or everyone else will.

Meh. Even if it works out for you we will think it was a bad trade.

If you wanted to trade Megatron, you could probably get any RB in the league. Why not grab AP, or Foster, or Richardson? On average, Megatron is the #2 pick in dynasty leagues. Literally, anyone in FF is in play when trading him. So why settle on 2 question marks? If you wanted a guy like Murray or Morris, you could have dealt Cobb and a pick.

It's really just a question of if you need RBs and if it's PPR. If it is PPR only do it if you are desperate for RBs. I'm guessing you have a need for RBs or this trade wouldn't have been offered to you. I kind of know because I have been on their end of this in a dynasty league. It was a hard one to offer and my RBs are AP, CJ2K, Trent Richardson, and the 2 mentioned. I had no bad need for them.

Here's the thing about Calvin, he didn't score any TDs. All those yards and no TDs. Well don't expect 2000 yards. 1400 is more likely, which will certainly put him in the upper half of the WR1s but how many TDs? Could range from 7 to 15. With PPR he will probably catch 85+ with a pretty big upside so it would be hard to get rid of him here. It's easy to say Calvin will be this good for so long but can you honestly say he won't tear an ACL in that time or some bad injury and at the very least be out or not the same for a minimum of 2 years, and the later at this point for him the less likely he is to recover totally. I don't doubt Calvin can recover fully faster than most anyone but don't expect AP from everyone.

Morris on the other hand I figure is as likely to get 1400-1500 yards. I also figure he is a lock to get 10-15 TDs. He has shown he can be a top 3 RB and he is in perfect position to repeat. If they are smart they will run a little more conservative offense and give him the ball more so RG3 doesn't get killed. I think that very well may happen. Morris has shown he can carry the load for a full season and has a lot of treads left on his tires at this point but he plays RB so that could change at any moment.

Murray hasn't been able to stay healthy for beyond a few games a stretch at any point in 2 years. He's had 1 bad injury, but not really long term, and otherwise been nicked up. It is obvious though that Murray is a special RB. He has a similar physical with breakaway style like fellow Sooner AP. With Felix Jones gone and nobody in sight that could get any reasonable share of the carries (could change at draft) Murray has even a Darren McFadden like upside with the same flaw. Expect some huge games. Never expect him to be available next week at this point.

It really depends on what you need. I could see it going either way.

Meh. Even if it works out for you we will think it was a bad trade.

If you wanted to trade Megatron, you could probably get any RB in the league. Why not grab AP, or Foster, or Richardson? On average, Megatron is the #2 pick in dynasty leagues. Literally, anyone in FF is in play when trading him. So why settle on 2 question marks? If you wanted a guy like Murray or Morris, you could have dealt Cobb and a pick.

No rb backs u got are drafted, almost none are traded. That was why I traded there aren't ant to draft this year and all I had was forte/m.bush and ingram. I wasn't going to win with just them. This league is closer to standard scoring then ppr, you have to have tds to win forte isn't a td rb.

It's really just a question of if you need RBs and if it's PPR. If it is PPR only do it if you are desperate for RBs. I'm guessing you have a need for RBs or this trade wouldn't have been offered to you. I kind of know because I have been on their end of this in a dynasty league. It was a hard one to offer and my RBs are AP, CJ2K, Trent Richardson, and the 2 mentioned. I had no bad need for them.

Here's the thing about Calvin, he didn't score any TDs. All those yards and no TDs. Well don't expect 2000 yards. 1400 is more likely, which will certainly put him in the upper half of the WR1s but how many TDs? Could range from 7 to 15. With PPR he will probably catch 85+ with a pretty big upside so it would be hard to get rid of him here. It's easy to say Calvin will be this good for so long but can you honestly say he won't tear an ACL in that time or some bad injury and at the very least be out or not the same for a minimum of 2 years, and the later at this point for him the less likely he is to recover totally. I don't doubt Calvin can recover fully faster than most anyone but don't expect AP from everyone.

Morris on the other hand I figure is as likely to get 1400-1500 yards. I also figure he is a lock to get 10-15 TDs. He has shown he can be a top 3 RB and he is in perfect position to repeat. If they are smart they will run a little more conservative offense and give him the ball more so RG3 doesn't get killed. I think that very well may happen. Morris has shown he can carry the load for a full season and has a lot of treads left on his tires at this point but he plays RB so that could change at any moment.

Murray hasn't been able to stay healthy for beyond a few games a stretch at any point in 2 years. He's had 1 bad injury, but not really long term, and otherwise been nicked up. It is obvious though that Murray is a special RB. He has a similar physical with breakaway style like fellow Sooner AP. With Felix Jones gone and nobody in sight that could get any reasonable share of the carries (could change at draft) Murray has even a Darren McFadden like upside with the same flaw. Expect some huge games. Never expect him to be available next week at this point.

It really depends on what you need. I could see it going either way.

my thoughts too. Murray was bonus to me and hopefully only bye week or injury replacement. And there is no wavier wire.

Maybe email the guy and say your kid got onto your computer and accepted the trade. It sounds silly, but I read on this message board of someone claiming this last season I believe. And apparently the league went for it. :dunno:

Maybe email the guy and say your kid got onto your computer and accepted the trade. It sounds silly, but I read on this message board of someone claiming this last season I believe. And apparently the league went for it. :dunno:

No thank you I liked the trade , even if u don't. We' ll see at the end of the year. I bet if I posted my team and his team most of you would pick my team

A. Rodgers

C. Ponder

M. Flynn

R. Mallet

M. Forte

D. Murray

A. Morris

M. Bush

M. Ingram

R.Williams

A. Brown(pitt wr)

R. Cobb

M. Sanu

R. Randle

A. Henery

M. Nugent

His running backs are Chris Johnson, Ben Tate, Tashard Choice and he has no 1 st rd pick, that was really what he traded to me Alfred morris wasn't drafted last year so that who I'm taking. Our cuts are due in less then two weeks and our draft is 1week after the NFL.

So how was Morris on the other guy's roster? :huh:

So how was Morris on the other guy's roster? :huh:

Their draft occurs just after the NFL draft. Morris was unheralded then, so it's no surprise he went unpicked. Further, since there's no waiver wire, Morris spent his rookie year as a FA on nobody's team.

mod's trade partner sent mod Murray and his first round pick -1.1 overall. Mod will soon use the guy's 1.1 to pick Morris.

My interpretation.

Their draft occurs just after the NFL draft. Morris was unheralded then, so it's no surprise he went unpicked. Further, since there's no waiver wire, Morris spent his rookie year as a FA on nobody's team.

mod's trade partner sent mod Murray and his first round pick -1.1 overall. Mod will soon use the guy's 1.1 to pick Morris.

My interpretation.

You got it right. So now he also doesn't pick in the first rd either. Everyone picks rbs in the first too, he's probably looking at rbs who gets drafted in the NFL in rd 3 or 4. Every other Washington rb was taken last year too, except morris. Even Alex green was taken his rookie year in the draft.

No thank you I liked the trade , even if u don't. We' ll see at the end of the year. I bet if I posted my team and his team most of you would pick my team

No seriously...your kid accidentally made this trade, right?

No seriously...your kid accidentally made this trade, right?

Seriously who reads these posts to you? Helen Keller could see that Morris was a better ff player than Calvin. Look it up. Stats don't lie. I can draft a replacement for Calvin, j.Jones, j. Gordon, d. Amedolea( spelling) are available or one of rookies that go to a team I like. There aren't any rbs available. None in this draft.

Forte is always hurt and scores almost no touchdowns, bye week I had no running backs, none in draft worth a 1 st rd hell none worth a second rd. Calvin good I know I drafted him traded him before got him back., but four tds out of him I couldn't win a week like that. Morris was second best back behind foster in our league maybe third don't know how many tds AP had. I thought it was fair trade I stole two top ten rbs from another team in a draft year that there isn't any. Wrs are a dime a dozen rbs not so much.

Forte has only been injured one season in his NFL and college career. You are going to hold that against him? With his upgraded line and the new offensive minded head coach, I believe your reasoning was a bit over the top. Forte has been an iron man as far as RB's go. That said, it all depends on your scoring system. You pretty much have to start 2 RB's now. It's possible the Cowboys upgrade their offensive line via the draft and Murray will not take so many hits. His history is shaky though. Never had a single season in college or the NFL without an injury. Morris I like, but have to wonder why the Redskins were trying to sign Reggie Bush this offseason... Are they not convinced Morris is the answer? I think you did ok in the trade as you should have 2 healthy RB's all season. If you can get a WR with the 1.10, you may be ok, especially if your league is one that awards RB's more points.

Also, someone claimed CJ will could be the top WR in fantasy for another 5 to 8 years. Highly doubtful. If he is the top WR for the next 8 years, he's going to go down as the greatest to have ever played the game. The Lions had better upgrade that offensive line (which currently has holes at both tackle positions) and keep Stafford happy. I like CJ as much as anyone, but don't think this deal is as bad as it is being made out to be. Cobb should be a top fantasy WR this season and Sanu may become the posession receiver in Cincy. It's a risk, but again, it depends on your scoring system.

Forte has only been injured one season in his NFL and college career. You are going to hold that against him? With his upgraded line and the new offensive minded head coach, I believe your reasoning was a bit over the top. Forte has been an iron man as far as RB's go. That said, it all depends on your scoring system. You pretty much have to start 2 RB's now. It's possible the Cowboys upgrade their offensive line via the draft and Murray will not take so many hits. His history is shaky though. Never had a single season in college or the NFL without an injury. Morris I like, but have to wonder why the Redskins were trying to sign Reggie Bush this offseason... Are they not convinced Morris is the answer? I think you did ok in the trade as you should have 2 healthy RB's all season. If you can get a WR with the 1.10, you may be ok, especially if your league is one that awards RB's more points.

Also, someone claimed CJ will could be the top WR in fantasy for another 5 to 8 years. Highly doubtful. If he is the top WR for the next 8 years, he's going to go down as the greatest to have ever played the game. The Lions had better upgrade that offensive line (which currently has holes at both tackle positions) and keep Stafford happy. I like CJ as much as anyone, but don't think this deal is as bad as it is being made out to be. Cobb should be a top fantasy WR this season and Sanu may become the posession receiver in Cincy. It's a risk, but again, it depends on your scoring system.

Who do you like out of j.Jones(gb), j.Gordon(cle), d.amendola(ne) or is there a wr in the draft you like better. I plan on staying away for j.Jones. to many eggs in one basket.

Who do you like out of j.Jones(gb), j.Gordon(cle), d.amendola(ne) or is there a wr in the draft you like better. I plan on staying away for j.Jones. to many eggs in one basket.

I would not take anyone in the draft unless they go to the right team and system. I do like Amendola in New England. He is pretty risky with missing 20 of the last 32 games, but I watched him play here in St. Louis and know he's a player with a ton of heart. In New England, he could be exactly as Wes Welker was. I would have no issues at all taking him with the tenth pick. Gordon is the most athletic of the group and the best WR, but he's also going to have Weeden or Campbell throwing him the ball. On another team, I would say he's a WR2 this season. In Cleveland, he's a WR3 with a huge upside. He reminds me a lot of Michael Irvin. Same attitude too, unfortunately. If we're only talking 2013, I'd take Amendola. I like Jones too, but if he continues to drop the ball, he'll be the 4th option. I would rank them as Amendola, Gordon, then Jones. Jones may have a better season because of the QB, however, if I read this right you are in a Dynasty. I would take a shot on Gordon over Jones as Cleveland will have a new QB in 2014. If Tavon Austin goes to a team that knows how to use him in the slot, he could be a fine little WR as well. If the Rams take him, I would say he is a WR3 right off the bat, and could finish in the top 25 WR's. If he goes to a team that doesn't use the slot receiver as much, he will be a WR4 with potential to be a WR3. Unfortunately, teams try to move these college guys out of the system they are familiar with too often. I don't know why, but they do it every year. Austin is too small to be anything more than a slot guy, but he could be a very very good slot guy. A team like the Ravens needs a solid posession receiver, so keep an eye on them if they take Hunter or Allen. They could put up decent rookie numbers in that offense.

Thank you. I seem to know your stuff. I like Gordon the most to but hate his team too. I only should need a wr3 with having a.brown and r.Cobb. just hope their bye weeks aren't the same..:o

I was on the other message board and they won't shut up over there about how lopsided this trade is. The consensus is its borderderline vetoable. I think that's a bit over the top, as everyone has the right to do what they want. But I get the argument that this one throws off the competitive balance of the league quite a bit.

You sure you can't cancel it? Is trading even allowed before the NFL draft? Maybe that's your loophole. Find a rule in your league byelaws that says this is a dead period for roster moves and you can undo it via technicality.