Sign in to follow this  
southcarolina

In-season Talk...

I'm ecstatic about 9-6 in 7th place after the start the Jays have gotten off to. Absolutely horrible and yet somehow I got enough production to take a few categories.

I'm ecstatic about 9-6 in 7th place after the start the Jays have gotten off to. Absolutely horrible and yet somehow I got enough production to take a few categories.

As ecstatic as i am about the RNRS being in first, i am even more psyched about the start the real RedSox have gotten off to. Seems like forever since they started hot, and dare i say, even overachieved a little bit. Im sure they will fall back to Earth at some point, but its certainly encouraging.

hey Rays! you're strength is supposed to be pitching. how about you win me some categories!

The Brewers and I both sucked it. :thumbsup:

And Ramirez is injured. :thumbsup:

I got you in the right week, good sir. :thumbsup:

This is undoubtedly the Os' high water mark. :(

wasnt todd frazier drafted?

wasnt todd frazier drafted?

Yes, Know Doubt (Arizona) drafted him and as Garp said, he wasn't picked up...

I put Frazier on his roster (bench) and cut one of his exclusives that was on the DL...

i'll probably be comparing these two all season long since it was my first round debate

Through April 10th

BJ Upton - .103, 2 runs, 0 doubles, 0 triples, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 3 SB

C Crawford - .464, 8 runs, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 2 SB

i wish nothing bad on BJ Upton, i like him, but it's really nice to see Crawford slashing again. Not only because I drafted him but because he is one of my favorite players.

Zack Greinke was diagnosed with a fractured left collarbone.

Awful news for the Dodgers and fantasy owners. Greinke sustained the injury Thursday night when Padres' outfielder Carlos Quentin charged the mound following a hit-by-pitch. It's not known how long he'll be sidelined, but the Dodgers' $147 million man is likely looking at a lengthy absence. Chris Capuano and Ted Lilly are among the alternatives for his rotation spot.

Yeah, saw this coming a mile away. :headbanger:

I double checked. I triple checked. And somehow i still missed that Justin Masterson was starting today. And of course he goes out and throws a complete game shutout.

F0ck i hate fantasy baseball.

The curse of Jose Reyes continues? After my Marlins fell WAY below expectations in 2012, now as a Blue Jay Reyes is expected out 2-3 months. :thumbsdown:

WTF?

I have five guys on the DL (Ortiz, Hanley, Breslow, Cueto, and Hanrahan) and two guys on the f0cking paternity leave list (Moss, Albers) Christ you guys cant read a f0cking calender? Maybe knock your baby mamas up so that they will pop during the off season?

I f0cking hate fantasy baseball.

:ninja:

haha nevermind! i now see the note regarding Chapman

Team's finally starting to wake up a little, except that half of it is now sitting on the DL, and the weather knocked me out of a chance to get CC back in the starting lineup for his last start, which was of course an excellent one.

Still, all in all, not so bad the last week or so. Nice to be putting some non-humiliating numbers up for all my non-Ike-Davis starters.

Ike just blows. Oh well.

No, she gets a special cologne... It's called First Place by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real first place, so you know it's good.

First weekly wictory, even after botching a CC Sabathia start. :pointstosky:

Team slowing easing their way toward health, hitters hitting, throwers throwing...

I smell 10th place looming. :thumbsup:

Fellow basement dwellers beware.

Watch out, leaders! There are some Gheys behind you!

Man, I needed a week like that. Looks good after struggling last week against Washington.

I am in serious need of a first basemen though.

Gomes returned home to present for the birth of his child. It's not clear if he'll be placed on the paternity leave list.

So seriously. This is the third guy in the first month of the season that is on my team and has missed time due to impending fatherdom. Thats a lot isnt it?

Gomes returned home to present for the birth of his child. It's not clear if he'll be placed on the paternity leave list.

So seriously. This is the third guy in the first month of the season that is on my team and has missed time due to impending fatherdom. Thats a lot isnt it?

Let's see - about 9 months ago was the All-Star Break. Considering they were barely .500 at the time, I'm sure plenty of Red Sox had nothing better to do.

Let's see - about 9 months ago was the All-Star Break. Considering they were barely .500 at the time, I'm sure plenty of Red Sox had nothing better to do.

Jonny Gomes was on the Oakland A's last season.

if i can eventually get anything from Giancarlo and if David Price can right the ship, I might have a decent team on my hands.

awaiting the returns of Matt Garza and Delmon Young

Ghey pride!

4th place and zilch from price and stanton until yesterday... ill take it. Should get delmon young and garza back in may... waiting for myers call up.

well after a good week, Stanton promptly hurts his vagina, i mean hamstring and will miss a month :thumbsup:

the following is really for no purpose other than my own desire to track my 1st round choice

BJ vs. CC (through April)

......AVG.....AB....R....H....2B....3B....HR....RBI....SB...CS...BB...K

BJ - .146-----89----6----13-----3------0-------3-------5-------3------2------8-----32

CC - .308-----91----20---28----5-----1------4-------6-------4------2------9-----16

Wow, talk about missing the boat...

My bench through two days:

9/14, 6 HRs, 10 RBI

Insult to injury, Guard sat Morrow and Holladay and dodged pitching staff suicide. :doh:

i praised my team too soon. Immediately after climbing to 4th place, Stanton hit the DL, the Rays had 1 or 2 cancelled games and my squad generally played like shit... back to 8th!

i praised my team too soon. Immediately after climbing to 4th place, Stanton hit the DL, the Rays had 1 or 2 cancelled games and my squad generally played like shit... back to 8th!

Well, the good news is that your Rays have 7 games this week against my Tigers who have 5.