Sign in to follow this  
Cara

Could we have an fftoday league?

I'm looking into it on MFL now, should be easy to set up with some help from Volt & MFM. Les makes 5 owners, so 7 slots are left. Before you post about wanting one be sure you're going to be active all year round and are good with the loosely set rules we have in place.

I think Cara sounded like she was interested. Better leave a spot for her.

How many confirmed?

Ralphster

Mulls

Les

Green TD

Throttlers

Fundungoober

Cstriker?

Cara? (she started the thread!)

?

?

?

Am I forgetting anyone?

Buy in - $50 or $100?

3 year contracts are fine - I dig the encouraged trading part.

Auction or serpentine draft? 15 rounds and then waivers to fill rosters or do you want a 20 round draft that then expands once the season starts? I'd rather not track taxi eligibility year to year (contracts are hard enough) or worry about IR slots - thus the 24 man rosters.

Any other thoughts?

I'm fine with either buy in. I play more for fun than the $.

I think we should draft a full 20 or even 24 if we are game. Since the taxi seems like a lot to manage and track I'm ok with that being out. But couldn't we have 2 IR spots that owners could manage themselves?

I dig auctions but I worry about the time commitment there. My redraft ones have taken hours and a dynasty start up draft might work best as a ~fast~ slow draft serpentine setup.

Rookie draft in reverse order of prior year standings I think.

This. Also, to Devy or not is the question during Rookie drafts. ie., picking juniors eligible for next year drafts.

This. Also, to Devy or not is the question during Rookie drafts. ie., picking juniors eligible for next year drafts.

I say no. I'm only a year into dynasty and with a couple newbies coming on board let's ease everyone in with rookies only.

Mull and Ralphster definitely count me in for another league with you guys, it hurts so good.

Thank you sir, May I have another!

Well if all you phags are playing I would be in for another..

I'm not to this dynasty game but I want some anti tanking things in place.

Of course our quality owners wouldn't do this. B) but the reverse rookie order might lead to people intentionally tanking games.

I propose a yearly high score award as one incentive to discourage this.

How many confirmed?

UPDATE

Ralphster

Mulls

Les

Green TD

Throttlers

Fundungoober

Cstriker

420 All Stars

Giraldi

Cara? (she started the thread!)

?

? (note one slot saved for MFM for right of first refusal)

Am I forgetting anyone?

EDIT: Dev picks (drafting juniors) is tough. Right now I'd like to not offer that and discuss it going into year two. Sound good?

I'm not to this dynasty game but I want some anti tanking things in place.

Of course our quality owners wouldn't do this. B) but the reverse rookie order might lead to people intentionally tanking games.

I propose a yearly high score award as one incentive to discourage this.

I'm not saying this is the way to go but I do play in a league that takes all non-playoff teams and has a lottery in March to determine the order for the bottom 6 teams.The playoff teams draft in order of finish.

If we did this in combo with the weekly high score prize there is really no reason to do anything other than your best right up until the end of the year other than apathy.

The lottery ball also adds an element of suspense and interest in late February or early March. Everybody regains an interest in trying to position by trading in or out of the lottery picks. It's one option but I'd like to hear others.

I'm not saying this is the way to go but I do play in a league that takes all non-playoff teams and has a lottery in March to determine the order for the bottom 6 teams.The playoff teams draft in order of finish.

If we did this in combo with the weekly high score prize there is really no reason to do anything other than your best right up until the end of the year other than apathy.

The lottery ball also adds an element of suspense and interest in late February or early March. Everybody regains an interest in trying to position by trading in or out of the lottery picks. It's one option but I'd like to hear others.

I dig this method a lot and propose that be the way we establish draft order each year.

EDIT: I am setting up the MFL league now. Please PM me your email address (and any questions)so I can get you entered.

One of the most interesting FF leagues I ever played in was a redraft league with 40 teams. Perfromaced based scoring and a $100.00 entry fee and $1.00 transaction fee.

Basically you hold 4 10 team drafts and each of those 10 teams plays a 12 week schedule against the other 9 teams in their draft. Starting week 13 are the playoffs.

The 10 teams conferneces are divided into two five team divisions and the winner of each division advances to the playoffs as does the 3 rd place team in each from the conference (12 teams in playoffs)

Week 13 all conference winners get a bye and 5-12, 6-11, 7-10 and 8-9, week 14 winners of week 13 advance to play conference champs, week 15 final 4, week 16 championship and consulation games

I'm definitely in. I don't check this site every day, but save me a spot. I think it would be a good idea to post our league rules and scoring system at least a month before the draft so we know what they are and can prepare for it.

Someone mentioned a league with 2 sets of 12 teams. How would that work? It would be nice to have as many owners as possible, but with 24 teams, would we draft each player twice or just have 6 man rosters? lol

It is easiest to contact me at nikki63304@yahoo.com. It goes to my phone, so whenever we're ready, let me know if I don't see it here. What about draft timing? Not sure how everyone feels. I'm open to pretty much anytime, but prefer if we wait until the second or third week of the preseason. In dynasty leagues, it is horrible when you draft before the preseason and see your top RB or WR go down in the preseason with an Achilles tear. If you lose two of your early picks that way, your season is toast.

One of the most interesting FF leagues I ever played in was a redraft league with 40 teams. Perfromaced based scoring and a $100.00 entry fee and $1.00 transaction fee.

Basically you hold 4 10 team drafts and each of those 10 teams plays a 12 week schedule against the other 9 teams in their draft. Starting week 13 are the playoffs.

The 10 teams conferneces are divided into two five team divisions and the winner of each division advances to the playoffs as does the 3 rd place team in each from the conference (12 teams in playoffs)

Week 13 all conference winners get a bye and 5-12, 6-11, 7-10 and 8-9, week 14 winners of week 13 advance to play conference champs, week 15 final 4, week 16 championship and consulation games

i dont know about that format, but i like your sig.

I like this as well.

How many confirmed?

UPDATE

Ralphster

Mulls

Les

Green TD

Throttlers

Fundungoober

Cstriker

420 All Stars

Giraldi

Cara - INVITE SENT

?

No transaction fees!

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Nothing like trying to collect trans fees from losing teams at the end of the year. Flat buy in + $8 or so to cover the MFL fees.

Should we add a deposit for next year's fees?

SEND ME A PM WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDY FOR INVITE

What about draft timing? Not sure how everyone feels. I'm open to pretty much anytime, but prefer if we wait until the second or third week of the preseason. In dynasty leagues, it is horrible when you draft before the preseason and see your top RB or WR go down in the preseason with an Achilles tear. If you lose two of your early picks that way, your season is toast.

I personally would rather do the draft much earlyer..I like to have time to make the nessassary trades/waiver moves before the season gets rolling

Obviously this would need to be a league wide vote, just putting in my 2c

I'm game with drafting anytime after the NFL draft. Pros and cons to each imo.

I say wait on next year's fee for me personally. Just started a new job and money's a bit tight until I make some sales.

How many confirmed?

UPDATE

Ralphster - Done ;)

Mulls - INVITE SENT

Les - INVITE SENT

Green TD - INVITE SENT

Throttlers - INVITE SENT

Fundungoober - INVITE SENT

Cstriker - INVITE SENT

420 All Stars

Giraldi - INVITE SENT

Cara - INVITE SENT

?

SEND ME YER EMAIL FOR INVITE

RE: Draft - I'm fine with whatever is mutually decided upon. I prefer an earlier draft myself but we'll decide together.

To confirm, I won't be participating in the pay dynasty league. I get paid in funny Chinese munny and plead poverty.

I'll start two, maybe three leagues this year. You're all invited to join.

1) A free 12 team auction re-draft league. Maybe if you want to dabble in auction but don't know anything but serpentine draft, a free league could be interesting to you. It would be drafted long and slowly in a forum here at FFToday that I'd ask Mike to set up.

2) A free 18 team survival league. Totally different setup and also low maintenence. No H2H matchups.No waivers. Just a big free for all. Each week for 17 weeks of the season, the lowest scoring team gets dropped, everybody else moves on.

3) This is the big one that'll consume all my efforts. I've been weighing pulling my name out of consideration for the open spot on FFToday's IBL team and just start my own league. I founded that league and format but left on bad terms. I'm likely to start a 12x5 conference allies league patterned off the format. Still, I really miss the format and as the only person on the planet who's ever set up that type of league and possibly the only one who isn't intimidated by the thought of establishing/commishing one from scratch, is me.

I'll put the 28-32 team dynasty league idea I bounced around on the backburner. I'm a dynasty league owner at heart though, wouldn't mind joining as a member in somebody else's league.

i have to say, i never quite understood the idea of contracts in a dynasty. i've never experienced it so im not bashing it by any means and i do understand its a measure to promote trading but I always felt it wen't against the nature of a dynasty.

i have to say, i never quite understood the idea of contracts in a dynasty. i've never experienced it so im not bashing it by any means and i do understand its a measure to promote trading but I always felt it wen't against the nature of a dynasty.

I'd equate it to auction vs serpentine draft - really not all that different, but some like it better than others. It adds another layer of strategy that one must prepare or account for imo. You should try it sometime. It grows on ya. Like fungus.

I'd equate it to auction vs serpentine draft - really not all that different, but some like it better than others. It adds another layer of strategy that one must prepare or account for imo. You should try it sometime. It grows on ya. Like fungus.

i prefer serpentine drafts but have always understood the allure of auction. having a shot to get any player you wan't. I think that argument is a tad overblown but I do get it.

however, the three year contract thing in a dynasty seems to take away from the dynasty feel. trading is great but why stop an owner from building for 10 years around his "franchise QB" lets say? I always felt dynasty was about building a franchise in whatever way you saw fit as an owner.... then again i've never been a trade junkie. I do my share

again i've never tried it so perhaps it is amazing or at least not as much of an issue as it sounds, just my 2 pennies.

How many confirmed?

UPDATE

Ralphster - Done ;)

Mulls - INVITE SENT

Les - INVITE SENT

Green TD - INVITE SENT

Throttlers - INVITE SENT

Fundungoober - INVITE SENT

Cstriker - INVITE SENT

420 All Stars

Giraldi - INVITE SENT

Cara - INVITE SENT

?

SEND ME YER EMAIL FOR INVITE

RE: Draft - I'm fine with whatever is mutually decided upon. I prefer an earlier draft myself but we'll decide together.

I'm flattered and honored, ralphster. I don't even get reserved seating at my favorite local Italian restaurant. I'd love to join you guys but I promised my wife I won't join another league unless I drop a league. Right now I'm very solidly committed to all but the one I'm in with WhiteWonder. Bu since Wonder won that one last year, I refuse to quit that one unless the league falls apart or i beat his azz. So i may be in that one a long time.

Still....I haven't flat out said no to this. Being an honorary invitee means one of two things:

1. I've earned a pretty good measure of respect on this place; or

2. Y'all have read my 'blog' and consider me "dead money".

Maybe some of both?

I'm flattered and honored, ralphster. I don't even get reserved seating at my favorite local Italian restaurant. I'd love to join you guys but I promised my wife I won't join another league unless I drop a league. Right now I'm very solidly committed to all but the one I'm in with WhiteWonder. Bu since Wonder won that one last year, I refuse to quit that one unless the league falls apart or i beat his azz. So i may be in that one a long time.

Still....I haven't flat out said no to this. Being an honorary invitee means one of two things:

Maybe some of both?

I think I can speak for everyone else MFM... Your invitation was based solely on your 1st reason.

Maybe some of both?

Your scounting posts about college kids entering the draft are among the most quality reads available on this site. You know that of course, just too modest to admit it.

To confirm, I won't be participating in the pay dynasty league. I get paid in funny Chinese munny and plead poverty.

I'll start two, maybe three leagues this year. You're all invited to join.

1) A free 12 team auction re-draft league. Maybe if you want to dabble in auction but don't know anything but serpentine draft, a free league could be interesting to you. It would be drafted long and slowly in a forum here at FFToday that I'd ask Mike to set up.

2) A free 18 team survival league. Totally different setup and also low maintenence. No H2H matchups.No waivers. Just a big free for all. Each week for 17 weeks of the season, the lowest scoring team gets dropped, everybody else moves on.

3) This is the big one that'll consume all my efforts. I've been weighing pulling my name out of consideration for the open spot on FFToday's IBL team and just start my own league. I founded that league and format but left on bad terms. I'm likely to start a 12x5 conference allies league patterned off the format. Still, I really miss the format and as the only person on the planet who's ever set up that type of league and possibly the only one who isn't intimidated by the thought of establishing/commishing one from scratch, is me.

I'll put the 28-32 team dynasty league idea I bounced around on the backburner. I'm a dynasty league owner at heart though, wouldn't mind joining as a member in somebody else's league.

Oh Volty. It was such a horrible idea you should cast it into the depths of nevah gonna happen. :lol:

I'd sign up. I'm only in one league right now: Volty's because my RL ones have fizzled. But before I sign up, if this is a pay league, I'd want to know who was managing the money before I agreed to it and I'd want to make sure it was someone I trusted.

Who is commishing this league?

Also, Cara, there are a whole ton of FFT leagues. You can see them on the main forum page because a lot of them have their own sub-forums here.

Oh Volty. It was such a horrible idea you should cast it into the depths of nevah gonna happen. :lol:

We were so close last time. All the stars were aligned. I almost pulled it off before you guys realized what was going on and then the carpet got pulled out from under me. :wall:

We were so close last time. All the stars were aligned. I almost pulled it off before you guys realized what was going on and then the carpet got pulled out from under me. :wall:

No darlin'. We were never close and it was a recipe for disaster from the onset. You were just the last one to see it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No darlin'. We were never close and it was a recipe for disaster from the onset. You were just the last one to see it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was all going so good. How was I supposed to predict that Echo52 would go batsh*t crazy? What kind of idiot pulls that stuff? :shocking:

It was all going so good. How was I supposed to predict that Echo52 would go batsh*t crazy? What kind of idiot pulls that stuff? :shocking:

What you didn't know was behind the scenes we were all like WTF? This is crazy and never going to work and why would he hand something like this off to someone who no one knows who the fock he is. But I 'spose if someone other than the lying cheating Echo52 were managing the second league, it could have gained some traction.

Honestly though... you don't think a 14 team dynasty league is enough of a challenge? You want more? Our league is pretty hard core. Talent is scarce. And I think we've gotten to a point where most of the teams care about it a little. Except for 29 guests who I think should be removed because of sheer retardedness. He cut ADP. He CUT ADP. Was ADP not the #1 fantasy scorer in the entire league this year? Maybe he wasn't but he was certainly top 5.

Anyways... I drafted a team for my fiance's brother this past year (10 team league) and he won the championship. I was like this is a piece of focking cake and the rest of these people are donks because they hadn't done 1/4 of the research I had done (because of our league). Why don't you just embrace the league instead of trying to turn it into a total clusterfock debacle? I think our league is good. You know I'm a diehard obsessive researcher and drafter. Even with that.... not everyone feels the same. You want to add 14 teams to that mess? A 28-32 team league would be a focking nightmare.

What you didn't know was behind the scenes we were all like WTF? This is crazy and never going to work and why would he hand something like this off to someone who no one knows who the fock he is. But I 'spose if someone other than the lying cheating Echo52 were managing the second league, it could have gained some traction.

Honestly though... you don't think a 14 team dynasty league is enough of a challenge? You want more? Our league is pretty hard core. Talent is scarce. And I think we've gotten to a point where most of the teams care about it a little. Except for 29 guests who I think should be removed because of sheer retardedness. He cut ADP. He CUT ADP. Was ADP not the #1 fantasy scorer in the entire league this year? Maybe he wasn't but he was certainly top 5.

Anyways... I drafted a team for my fiance's brother this past year (10 team league) and he won the championship. I was like this is a piece of focking cake and the rest of these people are donks because they hadn't done 1/4 of the research I had done (because of our league). Why don't you just embrace the league instead of trying to turn it into a total clusterfock debacle? I think our league is good. You know I'm a diehard obsessive researcher and drafter. Even with that.... not everyone feels the same. You want to add 14 teams to that mess? A 28-32 team league would be a focking nightmare.

You'll be happy to know that you misunderstand my intentions. I'm not trying to expand CCDL. After we took that poll and expansion took a massive beating, I've given up the idea. I'd have a revolt and a ton of p/oed betrayed owners, it has no support and I know it. So it won't happen.

I still do want to play in a 28-32 team dynasty league though. This idea, if it came to fruition, would be for a different league entirely.

As for 29Guests, yeah,he made the most gawdawful cut in FF history, he's dug himself in a massive hole and half his roster should be on the waiver wire.

I don't know what he's doing. As far as being active, he's never been a problem. As far as making terrible roster moves, he's been Matt Millen.

This is the first time somebody has suggested removing him.I hadn't ever thought of booting him.