Sign in to follow this  
Phurfur

Pierre Garcon

Garcon says he may not be 100 percent in '13 Pierre Garcon (foot) isn't sure if he'll be 100 percent healthy for 2013.

"Ill be healthy enough to play," Garcon said Thursday on NFL Network. "I cant say Ill be 100 percent, but Ill be back out there helping the team in any way possible." Garcon isn't sure if he'll go full steam during OTAs. Garcon played through the injury in 2012, but it's a concern he's already resigned to the possibility of playing at less than 100 percent for the second consecutive season. Garcon could eventually require surgery, but has thus far avoided it because there's no guarantee it will correct the issue. Source: Washington Post Apr 12 - 11:53 AM

I think I will stay away from him as a #2 or #3 WR.

Garcon says he may not be 100 percent in '13 Pierre Garcon (foot) isn't sure if he'll be 100 percent healthy for 2013.

"I’ll be healthy enough to play," Garcon said Thursday on NFL Network. "I can’t say I’ll be 100 percent, but I’ll be back out there helping the team in any way possible." Garcon isn't sure if he'll go full steam during OTAs. Garcon played through the injury in 2012, but it's a concern he's already resigned to the possibility of playing at less than 100 percent for the second consecutive season. Garcon could eventually require surgery, but has thus far avoided it because there's no guarantee it will correct the issue. Source: Washington Post Apr 12 - 11:53 AM

Jones-Drew: I'll be full speed by May or June Maurice Jones-Drew (Lisfranc) says he'll be "full speed" by the "end of May, beginning of June."

"I'm feeling good," said Jones-Drew. "Just have been rehabbing every day and getting used to the offseason program. I'll be back at full speed by probably the end of May, beginning of June." MJD missed the final ten games of last season with the foot injury, and he just began "lightly" jogging a couple weeks ago. He should be all systems go for training camp. Source: NFL.com Apr 11 - 4:30 PM

The Garcon news has a negative tone while the MJD new has a positive tone. Funny thing is, after reading the above news, I come away with the same thoughts. DND for both players

I think I'm staying away from all redskins next year. From RG3 returning from injury, to Garcon being less than 100% to Alf having to prove himself again and possibly being without them both there to support him.

I think I'm staying away from all redskins next year. From RG3 returning from injury, to Garcon being less than 100% to Alf having to prove himself again and possibly being without them both there to support him.

It is always about value. Garcon put up WR1 numbers in 3 of his last 6 games. I like that he is saying that he might not be 100%. Every other player comes off a major surgery and acts like they will be 100% and then everyone takes them at their word. If I can pull Garcon as a WR3 I would be thrilled. I think an interesting would you rather is Nicks or Garcon?

It is always about value. Garcon put up WR1 numbers in 3 of his last 6 games. I like that he is saying that he might not be 100%. Every other player comes off a major surgery and acts like they will be 100% and then everyone takes them at their word. If I can pull Garcon as a WR3 I would be thrilled. I think an interesting would you rather is Nicks or Garcon?

I would rather trade either of those for 1st round picks in rookie drafts.

I respect PG for being truthful about the toe. I won't draft him where he'll likely go though, so in most cases I won't be rostering him in any leagues this year - J Jones, S Smith (car), T Smith, A Brown all going around the same time as Garcon and I'd rather have them.

Nicks is going on average a half round before Garcon at ffc and I'd much rather have him. I think he's due for a nice bounce back this year.

Interesting that some of you respect Garcon for being "truthful".

Personally I think he sounds like a guy who lacks heart since he got that big contract.

A warrior like Adrian Peterson doesn't go around saying "well I don't know how I'm going to feel next season". Eff that, you say you're gonna be fine and then you do everything in your power to make it so.

Interesting that some of you respect Garcon for being "truthful".

Personally I think he sounds like a guy who lacks heart since he got that big contract.

A warrior like Adrian Peterson doesn't go around saying "well I don't know how I'm going to feel next season". Eff that, you say you're gonna be fine and then you do everything in your power to make it so.

Shanahan was basically calling him a poosay last year when he kept sitting out of games. I wonder what he thinks of Garcon's comments this season after he's been sitting on the couch for the past few months?

I respect PG for being truthful about the toe. I won't draft him where he'll likely go though, so in most cases I won't be rostering him in any leagues this year - J Jones, S Smith (car), T Smith, A Brown all going around the same time as Garcon and I'd rather have them.

Nicks is going on average a half round before Garcon at ffc and I'd much rather have him. I think he's due for a nice bounce back this year.

Pretty much in total agreement with this. :thumbsup: I think we will see a lot of Nicks hype pre draft if he seems on target to be 100% at the start of the season.

This year is the longest list of 'do not draft' players I've ever had. In a redraft, I'll take a shot on some of the players if they fall a couple of rounds. In a dynasty, I have pretty solid rules I live by; If they are on the 'do not draft list' they will not be drafted by me. Foot/toe injuries are scary in the sense they never fully heal, especially with the weight of the body pushing down on them 50 times per game and on an artifical surface.

My dad broke his foot while jogging. He didn't do anything extraordinary, just put one foot in front of the other and it broke. It was down near his toes. He had to stop jogging permanently. This was several years ago, and maybe the surgeries are better now, but if you cannot jog, imagine how difficult it would be to run, cut and push off at the line. I expect Garcon to get his receptions this season, but have some doubts about what he will be able to do with them at this point.

It is almost comical though how many people will put Garcon & MJF on their 'DND' list, yet there are already threads about Run DMC and "is this his year" all over the internet. lol

It's ALWAYS McFadden's year. I've never seen a player constantly gain hype every preseason only to have the "WTF is wrong with McFadden" threads to start popping up around week 4.