Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Top 75 Dynasty RBs - Doug Orth

A little surprised roy helu isnt on this list. Sure he was dinged up and in the dog house last year, but if morris went down helu could have a big opportunity in the running game and catching passes. Worth a gamble as the 75th rb at minimum.

I LOVE AP but there is just no way I am taking him or Foster over Trich in a dynasty start-up..

Bell/Ball and Bernard seem like they should all be in the same tier at least untill we see them in pads vs pros..

A little surprised roy helu isnt on this list. Sure he was dinged up and in the dog house last year, but if morris went down helu could have a big opportunity in the running game and catching passes. Worth a gamble as the 75th rb at minimum.

As a tried-and-true Husker, it pains me to leave Helu off. However, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Chris Thompson takes his roster spot.

I LOVE AP but there is just no way I am taking him or Foster over Trich in a dynasty start-up..

Bell/Ball and Bernard seem like they should all be in the same tier at least untill we see them in pads vs pros..

T-Rich's ranking has everything to do with his injuries the past year-plus and nothing to do with age, situation or the like. As I said in the piece, he could easily be #1 next year.

Ball, at worst, will probably be getting the bulk of the carries in a Manning-led offense by midseason, which is why he is a tier ahead of the others. Bell is not a special talent and isn't going to a team with a brilliant offensive mind. Bernard may very well not see lead-back duties until late 2014 or 2015 (which would be a shame, but in line with how Cincy does business).

Nicely done. Do you really mean to tell me that all of my dynasty RBs are tier 5 or below? damn....no wonder I can't win at dynasty!

Thank you sir. I'm still kicking myself for not drafting Doug Martin at the Round 1-2 turn last season. In the interest of full disclosure, however, I wasn't sold on him until after a few weeks after my dynasty draft (but before the start of the season).

Given the feeling on Trich.... In my one keeper league (PPR) I've got to choose between Ray Rice and TRich...

Am I crazy to still be leaning towards TRich? Especially with Rice losing his pro-bowl FB?

Given the feeling on Trich.... In my one keeper league (PPR) I've got to choose between Ray Rice and TRich...

Am I crazy to still be leaning towards TRich? Especially with Rice losing his pro-bowl FB?

Not at all. I think the loss of Leach and the rise of Pierce makes it very likely Rice has fallen from elite to mid-RB1 status. With that said, I'll still gladly take Rice in fantasy, but not over T-Rich.

Not at all. I think the loss of Leach and the rise of Pierce makes it very likely Rice has fallen from elite to mid-RB1 status. With that said, I'll still gladly take Rice in fantasy, but not over T-Rich.

Thanks... I just worry my homerism on the Browns would be the one driving that decision vs. the best choice for my long term fantasy team.

I just don't see how you can put guys like Ball, Bell and especially Murray ahead of Chris Johnson. Ball and Bell have done nothing and Murray can't stay on the field. Obviously CJ is feast or famine, but he's a 2000 yard rusher, with zero professional major injury history.

DMAC is also much more talented than Murray, and has a similar injury risk. I'm not a huge fan of either, but id definitely rather have DMAC than Murray, and CJ over both.

I know I am a sucker, but I still take Ryan Mathews over every guy listed in Tier 4 and below.

Dude has shown he can be dynamic, hes the GL back now in a more run savvy offense, with a mixed ZBS. Hes my big RB3/Flex sleeper, who I think jolts to the top 10 once again

Nicely done. Do you really mean to tell me that all of my dynasty RBs are tier 5 or below? damn....no wonder I can't win at dynasty!

:lol: I'm in the same boat. :cheers:

As a tried-and-true Husker, it pains me to leave Helu off. However, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Chris Thompson takes his roster spot.

From NFL.com

Weaknesses

Lacks the size to be a bellcow NFL back, and has had problems staying healthy. Carries the ball in the wrong arm too often. First contact usually brings him down, loses footing and upended. Will not always get back to the line of scrimmage when contacted in the backfield. Small and lean frame. Can attempt too many moves in space. Runs like a receiver, striding instead of being efficient with his footwork. Cant sustain in pass protection or mirror. Takes some really big hits, could be due to his upright stance. Has the most problems when initial line is stopped at the line of scrimmage. Has difficulties creating without some space first.

Now i am no chris thompson expert, but this isnt a very good endorsement for a smaller rb that doesnt have that rare speed. 4.42 is very good, but not very unique. My money is still on helu.

Having seen them both play, I would agree that Helu is the more complete back. But it doesn't matter what you or I think...teams don't draft two players (even with late-round picks) at a position where they already have an established starter unless they are looking to upgrade the backups. He's 5-7, 192, so I don't think the Redskins were expecting a bellcow back and they drafted him knowing he had two season-ending knee surgeries, explaining the health issues. At this point, I think they are looking for backs that excel in areas where Alfred Morris doesn't as opposed to a traditional backup.

Either way, here is a Washington Post story from May that I found today...make of it what you will:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/05/06/monday-mailbag-rookie-minicamp-undrafted-free-agents-and-more/

"I think Thompson (the fifth-round pick out of Florida State) is more of a threat to Helu. The Redskins could’ve used Helu’s speed and pass-catching abilities last season, but he spent the majority of the year on injured reserve. He has yet to prove that he can stay healthy. Thompson possesses great speed, elusiveness and receiving skills, and also did well in pass protection at Florida State. He too is coming off injury (torn anterior cruciate ligament last season), but Mike Shanahan said doctors are confident Thompson will be fully recovered by the start of training camp. The Redskins feel like they got a steal in Thompson. Shanahan believes he would have been a first- or second-round pick had it not been for his injury."