Sign in to follow this  
shovelheadt

We gonna allow Vikes to grab a TE?

It's an odd situation, but really no different than someone tearing an ACL a day after the draft. Not good precedence to allow me a makeup pick.

I wouldn't be opposed but I also agree with what vikes said. Cant predict injuries either

For some reason, I'm having trouble relating a sports related injury (something we all expect) to a gangland execution. But hey, doesn't affect me, just tossing it out there.

It's an odd situation, but really no different than someone tearing an ACL a day after the draft. Not good precedence to allow me a makeup pick.

This would have been my response. While injuries are different that bone-headed pent up anger resulting in homicide, the season is over regardless. So very similar end result. If allowed we had better allow season ending injuries also.

But....................it sucks either way!

I'm cool with that. Just think some of us are taking this a tad too serious. Not like we're playing for money...just bragging rights. Just sucks that we're basically an 11 team league before the 1st practice. Good luck Vikes!

I'm cool with that. Just think some of us are taking this a tad too serious. Not like we're playing for money...just bragging rights. Just sucks that we're basically an 11 team league before the 1st practice. Good luck Vikes!

i don't think its that dire. Hernandez was his 6th round pick. Of course it hurts but he will still be relying on Lynch, CJ1K, Cruz, Colston and Russ Wilson :dunno:

im sure there have been suspensions handed out in prior years that hurt an owner for 2-4 weeks

i know this is drastically different.

Only a few of us have even responded and I did say i'd be okay with it. Vikes is one of my favorite posters and i'd be completely on board with allowing him to draft another TE to back up Keller but I also think of these points

- as Vikes said, is this different than a training camp torn ACL?

- some owners are now high on Jake Ballard and would have drafted him, given this news. If Vikes gets to draft another TE, given this news, is that fair?

again, doesn't really matter to me.

If you think I take this too seriously, then you haven't watched my amazing drafting over the past few seasons. :)

Like most of the posters, I really don't care if he picks someone up. Consider this: if we let him pick someone up, he is not replacing Aaron Hernandez. In the end, it's probably semantic. My dynasty salary cap league allows relief for situations like this, as well as for retirement, BUT the nature of this league? I dunno.

That team is still pretty solid, regardless.

Go ahead and let him pick up another Tight End......I mean, it will be like TE25..........Mike Ditka or something like him.

Actually, if we allow Vikes to pick up a player post-draft, it would not be the first time. In the past, as long as an injury took place while the draft was still ongoing, we did allow for a replacement pick. Once the draft was over, you got who you got.

In this case, Hernandez's situation was being discussed DURING the draft, but after the pick obviously. I am all for giving Vikes a replacement pick based on how it has always been done.

Amen lord be withyou intil we meat again

Actually, if we allow Vikes to pick up a player post-draft, it would not be the first time. In the past, as long as an injury took place while the draft was still ongoing, we did allow for a replacement pick. Once the draft was over, you got who you got.

In this case, Hernandez's situation was being discussed DURING the draft, but after the pick obviously. I am all for giving Vikes a replacement pick based on how it has always been done.

So speaketh the fuhner, so shall it be done.

TE Jake Ballard, NE

Matt's and JScott took hits today......sad that it is happening so early.

Maybe by end of Training Camp we'll each be down by one.

Matt's and JScott took hits today......sad that it is happening so early.

Maybe by end of Training Camp we'll each be down by one.

Looks like I'm down Harvin