Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

The Bridge - on FX

A little disappointed in the season premier. Enough to where im a little worried about the show making it.

The show has a ton of moving parts.....but some ofthe parts you can just see are unnecessary The hispanic journalist thats a lesbian? Who cares about that storyline?

Just seems like there are a lot of loose end stories running around that need to get tied together.

This article sums up much of how I felt about the Bridge last season.

http://grantland.com/features/fx-the-bridge-juarez-mexico-border-immigration/

Summarized, I think the setting and characters had a ton of potential. I wanted the show to be an all encompassing look at that violent border scene. Somewhat like The Wire was with Baltimore. Obviously nothing will be THAT amazing, but still.....Yet the serial killer storyline sucked. I bailed quick......But it appears the 2 writers were having the same debate, and the writer that wants to go my direction won. I can't comment on the premiere, but I DVRd it and plan to watch this season in an effort to see if they can make it work.

This article sums up much of how I felt about the Bridge last season.

http://grantland.com/features/fx-the-bridge-juarez-mexico-border-immigration/

Summarized, I think the setting and characters had a ton of potential. I wanted the show to be an all encompassing look at that violent border scene. Somewhat like The Wire was with Baltimore. Obviously nothing will be THAT amazing, but still.....Yet the serial killer storyline sucked. I bailed quick......But it appears to the 2 writers were having the same debate, and the writer that wants to go my direction won. I can't comment on the premiere, but I DVRd it and plan to watch this season in an effort to see if they can make it work.

Great article....kind of answered a lot of questions i had. Be intersting to see what ratings the show got last night.

But not good to lose half your audience from pilot to finale.

Be intersting to see what ratings the show got last night.

1.5 million viewers and a 0.5 for adult 18-49...

disagree - its one of the best shows out there right now

If it is, it's only because all the really good shows are on hiatus right now.

If it is, it's only because all the really good shows are on hiatus right now.

WEll.......................yeah it's the focking summer and GOT and Orphan Black aren't on anymore either.

Has David Tate even been mentioned in the first two episodes? I know that Gus was mentioned early in the first one, but I don't recall hearing anything since then...

Has David Tate even been mentioned in the first two episodes? I know that Gus was mentioned early in the first one, but I don't recall hearing anything since then...

Not at all......i mean i think the little meeting with the Captain and the cartel boss (Cant recall his name)...eluded to them helping each other (AKA killing Tate)....but nothing direct.

I looked but couldnt find the ratings for last week? This show going to make it?

Not at all......i mean i think the little meeting with the Captain and the cartel boss (Cant recall his name)...eluded to them helping each other (AKA killing Tate)....but nothing direct.

I looked but couldnt find the ratings for last week? This show going to make it?

Not good...

"Ghost of a Flea" drew a series low 0.3 adults 18-49 rating. Its viewership average of 1.18 million also ranks as a series low.

Last week’s season premiere episode posted a 0.5 rating with 1.50 million viewers.

Not good...

"Ghost of a Flea" drew a series low 0.3 adults 18-49 rating. Its viewership average of 1.18 million also ranks as a series low.

Last week’s season premiere episode posted a 0.5 rating with 1.50 million viewers.

I made it through the first episode but just barely. Second is still sitting on the DVR. Don't know if I'm going to watch it or not. I had plans to replace "The Bridge" with "The Strain", but from what I watched - half of the first episode - it is laughably bad.

Not good...

How long does that go on before it gets pulled?

They screwed up last year getting derailed with the stupid bad guy revenge fantasy thing. Show never got quite back on track and I'd be real surprised if they managed to turn it around at this point. First two episodes of the season seem to be adrift

How long does that go on before it gets pulled?

Well, The Americans got renewed with numbers that "went as low as a 0.3 rating with 1.12 million viewers late in its second season." But that show has better DVR numbers...

I would think it would last the entire season and then probably dumped after that... I mean, what else do they have to put into that slot?

Well, The Americans got renewed with numbers that "went as low as a 0.3 rating with 1.12 million viewers late in its second season." But that show has better DVR numbers...

I would think it would last the entire season and then probably dumped after that... I mean, what else do they have to put into that slot?

Good point......

Shame...good idea for a show.

The Americans is a great show. Too bad no one is watching.

The renew Americans with AWFUL numbers and shitcan Terriers which IMO was a much better show.

The renew Americans with AWFUL numbers and shitcan Terriers which IMO was a much better show.

1.12 million is twice what Terriers averaged.

Nice to see that they got some of the people back from season one on this year...

And they mentioned David Tate, but it felt like a "throw-in"...

Yeah....it was a mildly better show this week......but i feel like the show needs to pick up steam, needs a big moment.

Last episode: 1.128 million, 0.3 rating (18-49)...

In my best Don Meredith voice......"Turn out the liiigggghhhttss.....the parties ovverrrrr"

At least they mentioned and showed Tate finally....yeesh.

This show is tanking not that interest in it anymore. Too bad this is the last year of SOA -- I wonder what FX's new "big" show will be first it was the Shield ... then SOA

August 4th ratings:

0.930 million viewers; 0.404 million adults 18-49 (0.32 rating)

Stopped watching it after episode two of this season. Just dumb. Too bad, it had promise

:(

Stopped watching it after episode two of this season. Just dumb. Too bad, it had promise

got to agree it had promise but man did it fall off a cliff

:thumbsup:

Yeah, still have 4 or 5 episodes on the DVR. Will probably just delete them. It has a a great cast (other than the two reporter characters) and an interesting setting and premise, too bad the writing is so bad.

Havent watched the last two weeks.....though they are on the DVR.

Anything worth watching? Hate how poorly lit every scene is.

Canceled...

http://tvline.com/2014/10/21/the-bridge-cancelled-season-3-fx/

The Bridge has collapsed.

FX on Tuesday pulled the plug on the Diane Kruger-Demian Bichir drama after two low-rated seasons, TVLine has confirmed.

The show ended its run earlier this month with 1 million viewers and a 0.3 demo rating, slightly below its Season 2 average.

That's too bad. They assembled a good cast for that show (the two reporters notwithstanding), and had a decent premise. Too bad they couldn't find any writers who could build a coherent plot.