Sign in to follow this  
mniemyj2

Jamaal Charles, Doug Martin, or Ray Rice?

If all of these running backs were available, who would you choose? I'm a little hesitant on all of them...

Been battling this myself with the 5 spot in the upcoming draft.

I think the safest pick is Rice with his ability to stay healthy and consistency. He certainly has the highest floor, but probably the lowest ceiling of the 3. Although, I really like a healthy Charles in a new offense this year.

I want to like Martin, but I need to see more games out of him before I can label him a top 5 pick.

Who knows? This is why I like auctions. I can stay out of that high-cost area and target two 2nd-tier guys like McFadden and CJ for the price of one of those guys. Riskier players, but both have top 5 talent. So if one of them hits, I'm good. If both do, it's over.

• Like 1

A case can be made for all three.

Charles probably has the highest ceiling

Rice is the most dependable

Martin may get the most touches

Charles

Rice

Martin

But I'm a glutton for punishment. I can't pass on Charles. I think he has huge potential under Reid, and anybody is an up grade over Matt at QB. He might have a chance to run against a balance defense this year?

Charles

Martin

Rice

I think Charles has a high floor and a top-RB ceiling.

I'm hesitant about Martin a little, but he'll get a ton of touches.

Rice has a bit of tread on his tires and Pierce IMO will get a lot of touches.

martin

rice

charles

Dynasty - no contest for Martin.

In redraft, gotta give the nod to Charles slightly over the other 2.

None of these backs are gonna kill you so you really can't go wrong.

Personally, I'd flip a coin between Charles and Martin with Rice in third.

This is the question of the year I think. Don't forget that in this scenario LeSean McCoy will be available there too. For me its about the safest pick there, so 1. Rice 2. Charles/McCoy 3. Martin

Who knows? This is why I like auctions. I can stay out of that high-cost area and target two 2nd-tier guys like McFadden and CJ for the price of one of those guys. Riskier players, but both have top 5 talent. So if one of them hits, I'm good. If both do, it's over.

I'm not sure you should be putting McFadden and CJ Spiller in any tier together, the rest of your league will not be doing the same.

This is the question of the year I think. Don't forget that in this scenario LeSean McCoy will be available there too. For me its about the safest pick there, so 1. Rice 2. Charles/McCoy 3. Martin

I'm not sure you should be putting McFadden and CJ Spiller in any tier together, the rest of your league will not be doing the same.

CJ is Chris Johnson, I think.

CJ is Chris Johnson, I think.

Makes sense, so used to seeing some form of ?k after his initials. Amazing though how much of an afterthought he's become in this convo.

Martin-had monster year, now gets 2 all-pro lineman back, easily challenges for no 1 overall

Charles-should be an uptick in value, but also know how frustrating Andy Reid is

Rice-I'm not touching him, too many redflags, I could see him having a good year, but I could also see him getting between 200-250 touches, which would put his ppg in the rb2/flex range

Mccoy-I'd gladly take Mccoy, I think he finishes top 5 this year

Spiller- see Mccoy

This is why I want to draft 9th in my league, I would gladly take any of the 5 listed above, with Peterson, Foster, Richardson and Calvin filling out my top 9, I'd rather have the higher 2nd round pick to pair with any of these guys