Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

It's official. Football is back!

Love everything about Dolphins and their history but I cannot stand that new logo. The new Uni's I can deal with but that logo has to go.

His ADP is falling as we speak. ;)

Aside from the fumble (which may actually have been on Tannehill), Miller looked good.

I get the sense Dallas is trying to send a message. I haven't seen the 'Boys run this much in a game since Emmitt was still playing :P

Tanner is looking pretty decent tonight, maybe Randle won't be the Murray handcuff to draft?

Im liking how Tanner is looking tonight. Hes hungry for that number 2 spot and if Murray goes down he will definitely be the pickup to have. Aside from the fumble Miller has looked good so far.

Tanner is looking pretty decent tonight, maybe Randle won't be the Murray handcuff to draft?

Everything I've read coming out of Cowboys' camp is playing out so far. Dunbar looked sharp, Tanner is obviously looking good (against the second-teamers) and Randle is behind them.

Randle's sleeper status just took a small hit. I've been able to get him in the last two rounds in mocks. Yes, he is playing crap defenses tonight, bur he is a baller and is gonna be big when Murray gets hurt.

Preseason usually does more harm than it does good. RBs tend not to run hard if they know they have a job locked up, and nobody really tackles well. So the crummier RBs frequently look like world beaters while the good ones look terrible.

The major exception to this was Arian Foster, because he didn't have the job yet and so he had to run hard.

I mentioned Randle some weeks ago and still like him. I also think Daniel Thomas is going to be more of a timeshare with Lamar Miller than people realize.

Im liking how Tanner is looking tonight. Hes hungry for that number 2 spot and if Murray goes down he will definitely be the pickup to have.

if tanner keeps playing like this, he might make DAL keep 4 RBs. but it's important to remember that tanner looked like an emerging stud last preseason, as well. look what happened in the regular season, though--he had his shots, and didn't do much of anything.

problem is that he doesn't have a natural fit anywhere. murray and randle are every-down backs. dunbar is a pure change of pace guy, but he brings something unique to the offense. this leaves tanner without a lot to do. remember, DAL considered randle to be a 3rd round talent, and he has been doing some very solid work since returning to practice. the coaches love his aggressiveness, especially in pass protection (normally a big problem with rookies).

it's likely that if murray went down right now, randle would be the regular season starter, dunbar would be the 3rd down guy, and tanner would continue to be the relief. especially since randle is already running with the 2s, even after only a week of practice (due to prior injury).

things are always in motion, and it's a situation worth watching. but we've already seen preseason excellence followed by regular-season mediocrity from tanner, so randle is going to be given every chance to earn the 2 spot.

Preseason usually does more harm than it does good. RBs tend not to run hard if they know they have a job locked up, and nobody really tackles well. So the crummier RBs frequently look like world beaters while the good ones look terrible.

The major exception to this was Arian Foster, because he didn't have the job yet and so he had to run hard.

I mentioned Randle some weeks ago and still like him. I also think Daniel Thomas is going to be more of a timeshare with Lamar Miller than people realize.

I remember a year I got Hillis off the wire week 1 ... looked like a breakout player there for awhile. I knew about him because he was like a utility back in preseason. Versatile. Looked good. There's often breakout players that other people wont know about, if they didn't watch any preseason games.