Sign in to follow this  
72dolfan

Will RGIII run less this season

All reports seem to indicate he is close to being full speed. You never know after a knee injury, but AP proved it could be done last season. That said, reports that Shannahan plans to cut down on the number of planned runs for him takes away from his potential, if true.

I have a change to keep him as my 5th round pick if I choose to, but his ADP this year has been at or later than the 5th round.

Throw him back and look elsewhere, or keep him? I could also keep Danny Amendola as my 5th in place of RGIII.

Thoughts?

I do think RG3 will run less this year. Shanny will exert far more control on Bobby's style of play to limit the chances he takes further injury. D Amendola is going in the 4th round, so he would be a better value. Much depends on what other QBs are being kept though.

Less designed runs, yes. He'll still scramble and take off when nothing is there. I think his rushing numbers decrease but I still like him as a QB this year.

Less designed runs, yes. He'll still scramble and take off when nothing is there. I think his rushing numbers decrease but I still like him as a QB this year.

This right here. You will see less QB draws. However, when noone is open dont expect him to just throw it away. Hes going to run. Maybe he will slide more this season than in last but he is still going to get his rushing yards. However, dont expect him to have zero QB run plays. The coach knows he is a dangerous threat so I believe he will still call running plays for RGlll. Just not as many of them as last year

Yep. You can't tell the player not to run but you can design him not to.

I think it's likely, but didn't he actually get hurt while dropping back to pass?

exactly.

if he is gonna run less, the skins will win less and score less and alf morris will have to deal with defenses that pay less attention to rg3

I do think RG3 will run less this year. Shanny will exert far more control on Bobby's style of play to limit the chances he takes further injury. D Amendola is going in the 4th round, so he would be a better value. Much depends on what other QBs are being kept though.

The only QBs being kept are Newton, Luck, and Wilson (late round).

All reports seem to indicate he is close to being full speed. You never know after a knee injury, but AP proved it could be done last season. That said, reports that Shannahan plans to cut down on the number of planned runs for him takes away from his potential, if true.

I have a change to keep him as my 5th round pick if I choose to, but his ADP this year has been at or later than the 5th round.

Throw him back and look elsewhere, or keep him? I could also keep Danny Amendola as my 5th in place of RGIII.

Thoughts?

i think he runs less just because he wont want to take them hits again . young qb seem to grow up and out of running so much when they take them big time shots .. with his running and passing last season he had a 24 pre game avg .but just passing it was 15 per game .that would make him 20 .. i am not has high on him this season imo call me crazy

Simple answer. Yes. However, RGIII is very competitive and could and probably will hurt himself at some point this season running the ball. He's tempting to draft, but I would rather have someone else. Plenty of good qbs this year.

the beginning of last year, there were 7 designed run plays. by the end of last year, they were down to three for rg3.

if he runs, it will be to the sidelines.