Sign in to follow this  
TheBlade

Don't You Just Love It When You Feel Like You Just Pwned A Draft?

I've had drafts where I've felt pretty meh. I've had others where I've felt like I booted it from about the 3rd round on. And I've had a few drafts where I felt like I absolutely smoked it. Today was one of those days. Just got done with a 10-team ppr draft. I really like my chances in this league.

Here's what I ended up with drafting from the 7-hole:

QB: Matty Ice, Stafford

RB: JCharles, Forte, Woodhead, ABrown, BBrown

WR: Fitz, Roddy, Decker, Jordy, Givens, Little

TE: Cook, Cameron

Def: Balt

K: Bailey

It's ppr with a starting lineup of QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, K, D/ST

The only pick I'm mad about is Stafford. I had Josh Gordon highlighted to draft and the lost connection with the draft room and it auto-picked Stafford because I had him in the queue for later.

Like I said, I really like my chances.

gotta take a RB instead of one of those qb's. one injury to charles or forte and you're smoked.

gotta take a RB instead of one of those qb's. one injury to charles or forte and you're smoked.

I didn't mean to take Stafford. He hit auto-picked because I lost connection to the draft room just as my pick came up.

i like when i own a draft in a competitive league...how all those guys fell to you only points to the fact your league sucks...altho you should win it if all things go as projected.

yeah, just saying i would probably love your team if you grabbed a RB where you drafted ryan and then took stafford later. RB3 is a position you expect to factor into at least 8 games over the course of the season. i'd feel pretty iffy with woodhead and andre brown manning that spot. it's a good team though.

yeah, just saying i would probably love your team if you grabbed a RB where you drafted ryan and then took stafford later. RB3 is a position you expect to factor into at least 8 games over the course of the season. i'd feel pretty iffy with woodhead and andre brown manning that spot. it's a good team though.

Yeah, I took Ryan on a whim because he was there, but if I hadn't, I prolly would've taken a higher WR just knowing my draft tendencies. I don't like my RB depth for sure, without an injury to McCoy or Wilson.

"pwning" a draft is a pretty awesome feeling. did you have a draft where this occurred?

• Like 2

"pwning" a draft is a pretty awesome feeling. did you have a draft where this occurred?

Nice. Well played. Clearly I haven't done that in our dynasty league....

Yeah, I took Ryan on a whim because he was there, but if I hadn't, I prolly would've taken a higher WR just knowing my draft tendencies. I don't like my RB depth for sure, without an injury to McCoy or Wilson.

Why are you starting a thread about how awesome you are and then talking about the weakness of your team?

Do you want a pat on the back? Condolences?

I have no idea.

Please report back in December. I'm guessing 6-7 and missing the playoffs.

Why are you starting a thread about how awesome you are and the talking about the weakness of your team?

Do you want a pat on the back? Condolences?

I have no idea.

Please report back in December. I'm guessing 6-7 and missing the playoffs.

Dude, just passing some time on a slow day where I can't be at home. Don't take life so seriously. I figured there'd be some banter back and forth, and I was looking to have a little fun.

As for talking about a team's weaknesses, every team out there has one. This team it's my depth at RB. If I suffer an injury at RB, I can prolly trade into another one.

Either way, relax a bit. Football's about to start for real.

Nice. Well played. Clearly I haven't done that in our dynasty league....

:P

Not a big fan....I'd take my 12 team league squad over that team.

Unfortunately, this is fatnasty football and the teams that I shake my head at usually roll out! You're a shoe in for the Championship now. You're welcome.

Dude, just passing some time on a slow day where I can't be at home. Don't take life so seriously. I figured there'd be some banter back and forth, and I was looking to have a little fun.

As for talking about a team's weaknesses, every team out there has one. This team it's my depth at RB. If I suffer an injury at RB, I can prolly trade into another one.

Either way, relax a bit. Football's about to start for real.

First. I'm a sarcastic . Second. If FU :D

Not a big fan....I'd take my 12 team league squad over that team.

Unfortunately, this is fatnasty football and the teams that I shake my head at usually roll out! You're a shoe in for the Championship now. You're welcome.

:first: :D

It's fantasy football, this is all random. For a 10 team league I guess it's a good draft. But doesn't everyone always look good on paper in 10 teamers until the games start?

That's why I like 12 team leagues better, you're going to have an on paper weakness at least.

How did Charles fall to the 7th pick in a PPR league???

I have no idea. I was totally shocked when it happened. But, I was also quite happy.

It's fantasy football, this ###### is all random. For a 10 team league I guess it's a good draft. But doesn't everyone always look good on paper in 10 teamers until the games start?

That's why I like 12 team leagues better, you're going to have an on paper weakness at least.

Yeah a strong 10-teamer looks totally different than a strong 12 or 14- teamer. And none of it counts until they start playing for real and injuries and over or under performances start to show.

I've had drafts where I've felt pretty meh. I've had others where I've felt like I booted it from about the 3rd round on. And I've had a few drafts where I felt like I absolutely smoked it. Today was one of those days. Just got done with a 10-team ppr draft. I really like my chances in this league.

The only pick I'm mad about is Stafford. I had Josh Gordon highlighted to draft and the lost connection with the draft room and it auto-picked Stafford because I had him in the queue for later.

Just had this thought coming home from a 12 team, standard, $100 work live draft. 1qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, flex. It makes me shake my head:

From the 12 spot:

S Jackson

Bryant

Romo (qb's were going like crazy and didn't want to run risk of people taking multiple QBS)

Ridley

Lacy

Gronk

Bradshaw

S Smith

J Gordon

G Tate

Blackmon

T Austin

Thomkins

Sudfield

Hartley

Cards

Line up:

QB- Romo

RB- Jackson, Ridley, Lacy, Bradshaw

WR- Bryant, S Smith, Gordon, Blackmon, Tate, T Austin, Thomkins

TE- Gronk, Sudfield

K- Hartley

Def- Cards

How did Charles fall to the 7th pick in a PPR league???

I just got him 9th in a 12 team ppr. Draft went:

1.Peterson

2.Foster

3.McCoy

4.Martin

5.Rice

6.Lynch

7.Richardson

8.Spiller

9.Charles

It was between him, stafford, or rg3. Didn't want the injury risk of rg3 and feel he won't run nearly as much. Stafford I don't trust

It was between him, stafford, or rg3. Didn't want the injury risk of rg3 and feel he won't run nearly as much. Stafford I don't trust

You are talking about guys going in the 6th+ rounds and you took him in the 3rd.

It's the worst mistake, getting caught up in a run. Romo in the 3rd is an extreme example.

Just had this thought coming home from a 12 team, standard, $100 work live draft. 1qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, flex. It makes me shake my head:

From the 12 spot:

S Jackson

Bryant

Romo (qb's were going like crazy and didn't want to run risk of people taking multiple QBS)

Ridley

Lacy

Gronk

Bradshaw

S Smith

J Gordon

G Tate

Blackmon

T Austin

Thomkins

Sudfield

Hartley

Cards

Line up:

QB- Romo

RB- Jackson, Ridley, Lacy, Bradshaw

WR- Bryant, S Smith, Gordon, Blackmon, Tate, T Austin, Thomkins

TE- Gronk, Sudfield

K- Hartley

Def- Cards

I like your team from a 12 team league better than the OP's 10 team from a 10 team league.

Did a 10 team redraft today. (4pt passing, 3WR, no flex, standard no PPR). I wasn't as happy with it as I could've if I hadn't gotten careless with the tight end situation...but there are some teams that are a joke.

QB: Wilson, Eli

WR:Calvin, Decker, Wallace, Austin, Blackmon,M.Williams

RB: Trent, CJ, McFadden, Ridley

TE: Bennett

K: Forbath

Def: St. Louis

This is what I ended up with in 12 team standard QB/2RB/3WR/TE/K/DEF. 10th pick with 1 keeper. Trent Richardson was my keeper.

QB: Russell Wilson

RB: Trent Richardson

RB: Lamar Miller

WR: Julio Jones

WR: Andre Johnson

WR: Jordy Nelson

TE: Jordan Cameron

K: Justin Tucker

DEF/ST: Steelers D

Bench:

QB: Ben Roethlistheberger

RB:Rashard Mendenhall

RB: Joique Bell

RB: Brandon Jackson

WR: Michael Floyd

WR: Kenbrell Thompkins

WR: Reuben Randle

I know you already stated that the draft auto picked stafford for you (wich is an obvious lie). But man that's really a waste of opportunity there. The toughest part is when you try to trade one of the qbs for a top rb2 thinking it was a genius move, every owner will have a "ehh I'm just gonna ride it out w the guy I got.".

All that said, besides rb depth the team looks fine and has as good a chance as any.

I dont know if ive ever had a draft that i didnt feel pretty darn good about afterwards. Things dont always work out the way i envision, but right after the draft i pretty much always think i just nailed it.

Just shows out my self delusion i suppose.

You are talking about guys going in the 6th+ rounds and you took him in the 3rd.

It's the worst mistake, getting caught up in a run. Romo in the 3rd is an extreme example.

I agree but the people drafting could have very well went crazy on them and dradted a backup. i didn't want to get stuck w Shaub as a starter and was confident I would outdraft them the rest of the way.

"Pwned a draft?" Man, I thought that dumbazz expression (Pwned) died off years ago. I hope you aren't an unemployed college grad that is living in his old bedroom, basement, or living room couch of his parent's house.........leeching free room and board off your hard-working parents while you sit in the basement playing Halo, Call of Duty, Madden, WOW, and fantasy football.

Your name isn't Jimmy, is it? Sounds like one of the kids that is sponging off of one of my co-workers.

I know you already stated that the draft auto picked stafford for you (wich is an obvious lie). But man that's really a waste of opportunity there. The toughest part is when you try to trade one of the qbs for a top rb2 thinking it was a genius move, every owner will have a "ehh I'm just gonna ride it out w the guy I got.".

All that said, besides rb depth the team looks fine and has as good a chance as any.

Actually, it's the dead-on truth. I realize it's the mange bored here where everybody's a genius that "knew" that Joe, the undrafted bum WR, was absolutely going to "break out" this year, but I actually feel no need or desire to lie to a bunch of interwebs posters. If I'd booted the pick and grabbed Stafford intentionally, I would've said as much.

"Pwned a draft?" Man, I thought that dumbazz expression (Pwned) died off years ago. I hope you aren't an unemployed college grad that is living in his old bedroom, basement, or living room couch of his parent's house.........leeching free room and board off your hard-working parents while you sit in the basement playing Halo, Call of Duty, Madden, WOW, and fantasy football.

Your name isn't Jimmy, is it? Sounds like one of the kids that is sponging off of one of my co-workers.

Uhhhm, no. Nice try, though.

Next.