Sign in to follow this  
Upper Class Trash

Ray Rice vs. Arian Foster

I have the 1.09 pick in a new PPR Draft. Arian fell in my last draft to the 1.12, I'm sure in part because you have to handcuff Ben Tate so early. I anticipate both of these RB's being on the board when I make my selection. This is a league I've been in for quite some time and we do a yearly redraft. I drew the 1.09.

I'm pretty certain I'm taking Rice, but wondered if anyone can make a case for Foster. I've heard all the negatives, and in all my leagues (over 45 as of today), I only own Foster in one, and that was because he fell to the 1.12 and I couldn't pass on him there.

I took Foster at 11 in my league. His calf has healed. He said he feels great, and he's taken zero hits since last season through camp and pre-season.

Ray Rice went 12 right after I took Foster. I like Houston's offense more.

NOTE: I grabbed Tate in the 7th.

Wait are you in over 45 leagues? :shocking:

Over 30 of them will be ignored, lineups not set, wasted. He thinks he has a system to manage them all but it will come crashing down once games start. Thats just too many. But those yahoo pro20 leagues are perfect for this.

Over 30 of them will be ignored, lineups not set, wasted. He thinks he has a system to manage them all but it will come crashing down once games start. Thats just too many. But those yahoo pro20 leagues are perfect for this.

LOL I have no life outside of fantasy football. I readily admit that. I have always entered the season with between 50-60 teams. I'm fortunate to work in a career where I'm in front of a computer for ten hours per day and have no internet restrictions. I consistently have a window open to my fantasy teams and it doesn't take as long as you would think to manage them all. I play in no-trade ppr leagues. The no-trade restriction makes it MUCH easier to manage. I'm probably the most active owner in each league as well, between message board posts and talking trash. What I did last year worked well, which was only checking in on half my teams on Tuesday and the other half on Wednesday. Waivers is on Thursday nights, so I can divide it easily. I set my lineups when I check my teams and only make changes depending on weather and injuries. It really isn't that difficult. People that go home and watch hours of tv each night waste more time than I do. Rarely do I even have to pull up my teams while at home.

And no... None of them are free teams or Yahoo teams. lol Every team I have is either with rtsports.com or in a league using MFL software.

LOL I have no life outside of fantasy football. I readily admit that. I have always entered the season with between 50-60 teams. I'm fortunate to work in a career where I'm in front of a computer for ten hours per day and have no internet restrictions. I consistently have a window open to my fantasy teams and it doesn't take as long as you would think to manage them all. I play in no-trade ppr leagues. The no-trade restriction makes it MUCH easier to manage. I'm probably the most active owner in each league as well, between message board posts and talking trash. What I did last year worked well, which was only checking in on half my teams on Tuesday and the other half on Wednesday. Waivers is on Thursday nights, so I can divide it easily. I set my lineups when I check my teams and only make changes depending on weather and injuries. It really isn't that difficult. People that go home and watch hours of tv each night waste more time than I do. Rarely do I even have to pull up my teams while at home.

And no... None of them are free teams or Yahoo teams. lol Every team I have is either with rtsports.com or in a league using MFL software.

Well, I guess I'll be the one to ask the obvious next question. Do you make a profit with all your teams??

I have the 1.09 pick in a new PPR Draft. Arian fell in my last draft to the 1.12, I'm sure in part because you have to handcuff Ben Tate so early. I anticipate both of these RB's being on the board when I make my selection. This is a league I've been in for quite some time and we do a yearly redraft. I drew the 1.09.

I'm pretty certain I'm taking Rice, but wondered if anyone can make a case for Foster. I've heard all the negatives, and in all my leagues (over 45 as of today), I only own Foster in one, and that was because he fell to the 1.12 and I couldn't pass on him there.

will i think he would be gone before you pick imo . and i would think rice would be to . how about cal johnson

Both guys will definitely be on the board. I know the owners picking in front of me. We've been friends for a loooong time.

Yes, I do make a profit with my teams. lol Some years are better than others, but I've never lost money. Two years ago was probably the worst season I've ever had in fantasy football. For the first time, I placed all my eggs in one basket and drafted Jamaal Charles in the first round in every league I could snatch him up. When he went down, so did most of my teams. I had a couple other guys get injured that season, but Charles is the one that killed me the most. I'll never make the mistake again of having a man-crush on a player overrule my brain. It was a stupid way to draft and I deserved to lose for doing that.

Foster is currently not 100% and the past 3 seasons have probably the heaviest workload ever in the NFL. 400+ touches in the past 3 seasons.

Foster = Higher risk, higher reward

Rice = safer pick, lower ceiling

The guy's in 45 leagues and asking this board for advice? LOL

I'd personally go Forte, but seeing that you're asking about Rice or Foster, I'd go Rice, not touching Foster this year.

There is less uncertainty with Foster than there was 2 weeks ago, but I still have him in the 2nd 5 and in PPR, have Rice ahead of him.