Sign in to follow this  
svtballa

Am I the only one completely sold on andre Johnson?

he never scores. If he gets more than 6 tds I'll be stunned. They are dominant at running tds in. Sure in PPR he'll be good, but there's injury risk and lack of tds. I think he's being overvalued, as he is most years. People draft him based on his talent, and he has a world of talent, but they overlook the offense/situation/injury risk...

LOL so one 4 TD season (that came with a career high in yards) and all of the sudden "he never scores." From 2007-2011 he did average over 9 TD's for every 16 GP. That's not spectacular but considering he also averages over 90 yards a game that's pretty consistent. Once again, really the only thing I'm worried about with him is injuries...

LOL so one 4 TD season (that came with a career high in yards) and all of the sudden "he never scores." From 2007-2011 he did average over 9 TD's for every 16 GP. That's not spectacular but considering he also averages over 90 yards a game that's pretty consistent. Once again, really the only thing I'm worried about with him is injuries...

i hear you, but 2007-2001 is a long time ago. He was 6 years younger in 2007. ALso stating that he scored 9 per 16 gb is politician speak! Though you do acknowledge the injury thing, so it's all good. Bottom line is he's overvalued this year like every other year based on his sheer talent. There are other factors, as there are with all players and teams, that dictate production. I don't think he cracks top 10 WR tbh. WRs are too deep now anyway, and with the league being as throw happy as it is, there are a ton of mid tier guys that will be right up the top guys a$$es. Except for the top top tier of course. That pick in the 3rd is better spent IMO...

i hear you, but 2007-2001 is a long time ago. He was 6 years younger in 2007. ALso stating that he scored 9 per 16 gb is politician speak! Though you do acknowledge the injury thing, so it's all good. Bottom line is he's overvalued this year like every other year based on his sheer talent. There are other factors, as there are with all players and teams, that dictate production. I don't think he cracks top 10 WR tbh. WRs are too deep now anyway, and with the league being as throw happy as it is, there are a ton of mid tier guys that will be right up the top guys a$$es. Except for the top top tier of course. That pick in the 3rd is better spent IMO...

How in the world is he overvalued? Yesterday I got him with the 34th pick overall. Personally, that is criminally low for someone who just LAST YEAR had 1600 recieving yards. There is no reason whatsoever that he shouldn't continue to roll.

Last year, he caught 112 passes. That's equivalent of 18 or so scores in PPR .

I think the fact that he had 1600 yards last year proves that the age isn't a big concern. I think his ADP is just about accurate (I guess that's why they call it average...), 30th overall and the 8th WR off the board (behind Calvin, Dez, Green, Marshall, Julio, Thomas, Fitz). The only guy below him I'd consider would be Roddy, with those 2 and Fitz probably all neck and neck IMO.

I have tried to avoid him myself the lack of TD's and injury history scared me off him this year.

That said, I got caught bidding him up and he ended up on one team and I am not totally upset by it. That teams WR corp ended up being Marshal, Johnson, Steve Smith, Tavon Austin, Ashlon Jeffery, Kenny Britt in standard scoring with 3WR spots. Hopefully that is enough to make up for the RB corp of Forte/Cj2k/David Wilson/Bradshaw. Unfortunately if feels like a borderline playoff squad right now unless one of cj2k/wilson/bradshaw pop at RB.

As a stud #2WR I love him as my teams #1WR I would be scared.

I have tried to avoid him myself the lack of TD's and injury history scared me off him this year.

That said, I got caught bidding him up and he ended up on one team and I am not totally upset by it. That teams WR corp ended up being Marshal, Johnson, Steve Smith, Tavon Austin, Ashlon Jeffery, Kenny Britt in standard scoring with 3WR spots. Hopefully that is enough to make up for the RB corp of Forte/Cj2k/David Wilson/Bradshaw. Unfortunately if feels like a borderline playoff squad right now unless one of cj2k/wilson/bradshaw pop at RB.

Scared? He finished #7 wr in my NON PPR league.

I love these posts where a guy says hes scared of his team underperforming when its stacked. U have 3 top rbs and 2 top wrs, ur team would look good even in an 8 team league. Im sure ur qb is Peyton or Ryan too.

I took him at 3.02 after Fitz and before Cobb in 1 pt PPR. I'd taken RBs in the first two rounds, he was the best WR there IMO. I thought it was a good pick, it seems others are having better luck getting him later than I did.

Bump...I thought he looked great last night...I'm content with him as my #1

He's my #1 and I too am content (at the moment at least :shocking: ) Took him at 3.7 (12 team PPR). Obviously, staying healthy is key for any player in fantasy but my hope is that AJ is consist week in week out. I would prefer more than 4 TD;s but in a PPR league with bonus for yardage, I'll take whatever I can get.

Hes a monster and very consistent. Wont give you AJ green tds but he wont put up 2 23 lines as often as other boom/bust wrs.

Ton's of yards, somewhat of a injury risk, 8 or less TD's more than likely. PPR or yard weighted league, he's rock solid, slightly TD weighted league, dime a dozen.