Sign in to follow this  
J-Money

What is fosters actual value?

I drafted Tate and the foster owner took Daryl Richardson... I wuz jokingly suggesting we work a trade when he said he would rather trade foster than acquire Tate. He automatically threw out wanting McCoy and more back in return. I laughed and told him he wuz high if he thought I would start gutting my team, before the season starts no less, for a 30 year old rb coming off an injury with declining ypc the last 2 years. It got me thinking tho, what is foster actually worth now? I'm not as hi on him as some folks so I'm wondering if I'm a little too critical

i may be biased because i love foster this year (no... i don't own him in any of my leagues)... i think he was a great value and personally think he will finish a top 3RB by year's end... that said... i think mccoy for foster, straight up, is very fair... but if he is asking for more than mccoy, tell him to fock off!

Foster should be business as usual with expectations lowered a little. Tate should get more work. With each passing year where Foster gets the ball an enormous amount you have to know it is catching up with him and I expect it to show some this year but he should still be a solid RB1. He is no stranger in any year to nagging injuries and even missing a couple of games. I expect this season to be no different. I don't expect him to hit the wall this season but he is on his last legs. I would say he is a mid first round pick.

Daryl Richardson > Tate for sure, Ram looks good this year. Richardson shows flash last year, but I doubt he gets enough touch to be RB1, but I have a feeling he would be a decent RB2 with plenty of catchs and no competition in the backfield.

Foster will be stud as always, there was the same conversation last year.

I don't have either of those guys, but wouldn't mind either to be on my team.

See, this is where you should actually consider who the better *football player* is... and that's Arian Foster.

Yes, he may be dinged up now, but Lesean McCoy missed four games in 2012 and scored all of TWO rushing TDs.... Arian Foster had four GAMES with two rushing TDs each.

So... yeah. Arian > McCoy until proven otherwise.

I drafted Tate and the foster owner took Daryl Richardson... I wuz jokingly suggesting we work a trade when he said he would rather trade foster than acquire Tate. He automatically threw out wanting McCoy and more back in return. I laughed and told him he wuz high if he thought I would start gutting my team, before the season starts no less, for a 30 year old rb coming off an injury with declining ypc the last 2 years. It got me thinking tho, what is foster actually worth now? I'm not as hi on him as some folks so I'm wondering if I'm a little too critical

i think he is only 27 and he was third in prr points last season and going into that season he had the same back problems . i think he is 2-3 rb in any draft imo

After the first couple of games in going to try and trade to foster owner if Arian looks good

After the first couple of games in going to try and trade to foster owner if Arian looks good

i hope that person is not stupid enough to trade him if he does look good in the first few games imo

We won't know until the season starts. With the trends from last year, I wouldn't give up any of the top 8 backs for him right now.

I'm not as high on Foster as most, his workload the last three seasons, plus not being in game shape to start the season are big red flags for me. And Ben Tate looms large behind him. In my personal list I had him behind Peterson, Martin, Charles, and McCoy. He was in the same tier with Ray Rice, Richardson, Spiller and Lynch, although he was at the top of that tier. I didn't get any early draft picks so it didn't matter anyway, I never even had the chance to pick him or pass on him.