Sign in to follow this  
Skinny_Bastard

Leon Washington

Brady loves them dump offs to his RB. With Woodhead no longer around and Vereen on IR, anyone think Leon Washington can be the new 'it' guy? Good hands, shifty as hell and tough to tackle when he's in open field.

Grabbed him for peanuts in our waiver bidding last night to stash for Thursday and see what he does. Anything could happen in that backfield but at least you know Leon is the only pass catcher so he might see the field more.

Maybe but he looked washed up enough that they cut him the first time around. You gotta wonder if he really has enough left to be a regular contributor in the offense

I got him for $0 in a bid waiver process as just a flyer. He's a 5th RB for me there, but it weakens other teams if he starts getting used.

Brady on a press conference yesterday called out Leon to fill Vereen's role. I grabbed him this morning as a FA.

That statement could be a big...

I also looked at Washington's workload in Seattle. The dude didn't play very much. He should have plenty of miles left on those tread.

That statement could be a big...

I also looked at Washington's workload in Seattle. The dude didn't play very much. He should have plenty of miles left on those tread.

absolutely...i was thinking about picking him up then i heard brady say that and said why not?? Back to his Jets days he didn't carry the ball much, in fact over the course of his career he doesn't have a huge amount of carries. Let's consider when he went from Jets to Seahawks he was coming off a pretty bad leg break which is why he didn't get too many carries. Then Lynch erupted. So it's not that he hasn't gotten carries because he's old or slow, it's been circumstantial. He could be pretty dangerous in the Pats offense in that role.

Maybe but he looked washed up enough that they cut him the first time around. You gotta wonder if he really has enough left to be a regular contributor in the offense

yup.

scares teh jeebus outta' me thinking that Leon Washington, Fumbles Ridley, Kenbrell Thompcan't, Zach Dropfeld, and Julian Edelman are the torch-bearers of NE's "juggernaut" offense.

While I agree that Leon Washington is a smart pickup in the sense that he will be given lots of opportunity - I don't think he will do much with that opportunity.

Next up? Brandon Lloyd? these guys are on longer on the team (or in the NFL) for good reason, the fact that NE is looking hard at resurrecting them (in Week 2 even!) is a sign of just how bad it is.

PPR league i am starting Leon Washington......lost Vereen and only other choices are Bradshaw, Reece, or Pierce to go along with RRice.

I know....I am hurtin....but hoping to get 6-40 rec....10pts at least.

Shouldnt Washington be mr checkdown on passing downs ie Woodhead, Kevin Faulk.

Plus he is playing his old Team the Jets.....hmmmmmmmmm???? yes i know i am reaching. :dunno:

anyone????? thoughts???? homers.....begging for your info. thanks.

I picked him up and going to wait and see. Washington hasn't practiced due to a groin injury and might not play tonight.

If you have other options, that's where i would go.

PPR league i am starting Leon Washington......lost Vereen and only other choices are Bradshaw, Reece, or Pierce to go along with RRice.

I know....I am hurtin....but hoping to get 6-40 rec....10pts at least.

Shouldnt Washington be mr checkdown on passing downs ie Woodhead, Kevin Faulk.

Plus he is playing his old Team the Jets.....hmmmmmmmmm???? yes i know i am reaching. :dunno:

Bradshaw