Sign in to follow this  
benglish88

Stafford vs. the Cards or Carson Palmer against the Big D?

So, I have both of these quarterbacks. I have to choose one guy between the two. We are penalized for interceptions (-2 pts.) ppr league

Is leaning toward Palmer a little bit premature?

Thoughts anyone?

The 'Zona Defense is better than the Detroit defense. I'm looking forward to the Calvin vs. Peterson matchup. Should be a good fight all game long. Arizona isn't going to move the ball on the ground, and you know Detroit will be throwing like crazy. I can see Palmer finishing with 3 TD's in this game and over 300 yards. Stafford may have more yards, but I bet the throws at least one more interception than Palmer.... It's going to be close though. I don't think you could go wrong with either of them this week.

The Dallas D is nothing special. The Giants just wanted to give the ball away that night, and they still almost won anyway. In fact if not for a bad screen pass, probably they do win it. Eli had no problem at all cutting through that Dallas secondary. Palmer will turn the ball over, but he'll also get his stats. I do think very highly of Victor Cruz, but I think Fitz is even better.

So, I have both of these quarterbacks. I have to choose one guy between the two. We are penalized for interceptions (-2 pts.) ppr league

Is leaning toward Palmer a little bit premature?

Thoughts anyone?

amen i would go with palmer to

With Fitz being dinged, possibly a GTD, I'd have to go Stafford. Plus he is the guy you drafted to be your #1 (not Palmer), so I wouldn't get too sneaky in week 2.

I agree with the above that the Peterson vs. Calvin matchup should be must-see TV. I think they'll give Peterson safety help because there isn't much else to fear in the Lions WR corps, but I think Megatron will get his.

i like stafford and palmer both . to close to call when i did my drafts . so i like the palmer vs lions def more then stafford vs cards def . just a feeling that stafford will forget what color uni his team is

The Dallas D is nothing special. The Giants just wanted to give the ball away that night, and they still almost won anyway. In fact if not for a bad screen pass, probably they do win it. Eli had no problem at all cutting through that Dallas secondary. Palmer will turn the ball over, but he'll also get his stats. I do think very highly of Victor Cruz, but I think Fitz is even better.

your analysis is insightful, except for a couple of minor details.

1. eli had a fair amount of problems, and his large yardage number was the result of big played based on missed communications rather than technique breakdowns. since that was DAL's 1st game in a new coverage scheme that is diametrically opposed to what they have been playing for the last 8-10 years, growing pains were to be expected.

2. palmer and fitz were not recently traded to KC, so those two will not be facing DAL this week.

but other than that...

i like bradford vs the raiders way better than ponder against the rams. hader will be on nelson all day and that will leave graham wide open with no help over the top.