Sign in to follow this  
bubba29

Starting a Defense against Your NFL Team

My rooting interest is the Browns. I know, I am a glutton for punishment. Should I put aside my emotions and take advantage of their ineptitude by starting the Vikes against them? How do fantasy players handle this stuff in general? Do you avoid rooting against your team or do you just do what is needed to win your fantasy matchup?

Careful....Serpent and Poohbear get upset if you ask questions that don't help them in any way. Ask permission before you ask these questions.

But yeah, I would start any defense you think will do well against your team. If your team loses the real game you still won the fake one lol.

Steelers fan here..........................................yes I would.

Looks to be a good start the majority of the weeks.

Im a Packers fan.

Started the 9ers in week 1.

Will likely start the Bengals this week.

Should prob stay away from starting defenses going against the pack.

Our entire league is browns fans and its funny to see baltimore def was first pickup last Monday morning and this Monday morning I snagged the vikings right away. Who knows how Hoyer will look but you got to figure he gets sacked 4 or 5 times and the vikes get at least 1 or 2 turnovers out of him. I will always root for browns over anything but hope its low scoring

Steelers fan here..........................................yes I would.

Yes. I would start Chicago D this week. I also picked up Tim Jennings over Polamalu to play at DB this week.

As long as Todd Haley is around, I have little hope for the Steelers.

Should prob stay away from starting defenses going against the pack.

Why? I get points for sacks that have balanced out the points against pretty well.

I like the depth I have right now where I don't want to sacrifice a solid depth player for a backup defense if I don't have to.

Our entire league is browns fans and its funny to see baltimore def was first pickup last Monday morning and this Monday morning I snagged the vikings right away. Who knows how Hoyer will look but you got to figure he gets sacked 4 or 5 times and the vikes get at least 1 or 2 turnovers out of him. I will always root for browns over anything but hope its low scoring

i found myself as a browns fan very conflicted with ray rice and torrey smith both on my team. oh well, in the end, i have more control over how my fantasy team does than how the browns do.