Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Has Kaepernick peaked?

Not having Davis is a HUGE difference.

I just assumed most people who pay attention would know this.

I think that statement is giving Vernon Davis way too much credit as a player. Davis is one of the most inconsistent players in the NFL. Kaepernick didn't take over as the starter until Week 11 last year. Davis had a decent game in Week 11 (6 for 83). But from Week 12 through Week 17, Davis had a TOTAL of 6 catches for 61 yards. Kaepernick certainly did fine with Davis not making an impact at all until the conference championship game and Super Bowl last year.

I don't think it's fair to make excuses for Kaepernick's play the last two weeks. He's been bad. His offensive weapons obviously aren't good, but I don't think they were really much better last year. I think defenses have just figured out that they can stack the box and take away his ability to run. He is not a great passer, and with the weapons he has, it's even tougher for him to beat you with his arm.

:rolleyes:

It's a combination but, the Davis loss right now is huge. Quit being a dooosh.

Dooooosh...lol that's clever

I think that statement is giving Vernon Davis way too much credit as a player. Davis is one of the most inconsistent players in the NFL. Kaepernick didn't take over as the starter until Week 11 last year. Davis had a decent game in Week 11 (6 for 83). But from Week 12 through Week 17, Davis had a TOTAL of 6 catches for 61 yards. Kaepernick certainly did fine with Davis not making an impact at all until the conference championship game and Super Bowl last year.

I don't think it's fair to make excuses for Kaepernick's play the last two weeks. He's been bad. His offensive weapons obviously aren't good, but I don't think they were really much better last year. I think defenses have just figured out that they can stack the box and take away his ability to run. He is not a great passer, and with the weapons he has, it's even tougher for him to beat you with his arm.

Watch it he may call you a name for disagreeing

Come on, Davis is accounted for on every play by a defense even if he isn't a consistent stat stuffer, kind of like Wallace in Miami now.

But Kaepernick is playing bad so no excuse at the moment.

Come on, Davis is accounted for on every play by a defense even if he isn't a consistent stat stuffer, kind of like Wallace in Miami now.

This guy gets it.

So this is the game that Kappy lights it up right? He has Davis back and all.

Well 1/4 of the game has passed and he still sucks

Eat a diick

Yea, you are dumb.

Kaep's fumble in that hand off to Hunter was stupid ridiculous! He had 15 points. Now he's got 13 and they pulled him. I am about done with his arse.

This game has probably saved Caps job on most fantasy teams for another week but its quite obvious that the wad has been shot and he'll be settling into clearly a Tier-2 QB rating from here on out. So, for those of us that traded for or drafted him.... time to accept the fact that you could have got the same or even better numbers out of some other Tier-2 QB that would have been available much later in the draft or you would have had to give up less than you did to get him.

Not the end of the world, but FORGET the dude exploding most weeks like the end of last season. The running portion of his game has lost credibility so cheesey bonus rushing points will be very limited

Hes now a "200-250 yards and a 1 or 2 scores" QB. Just the way it is. Oh well.

Not saying I agree but this was Silva's take:

'People that wrote off Colin Kaepernick following poor Week 2 and 3 performances deserve to get punished. He only had 167 yards and two TDs Monday night, but could have had a ton more if the Niners needed it. The guy is going to finish as a top-7 fantasy quarterback. '

funny how Davis goes from utter inconsistent dissapointment (except for the playoff explosion), and now he is the sole excuse....

I believe in not getting too low in the down times, and not too high in the good times, Kap will have big games. Character of the offense seems to be switching from wide open to ball control though. We will see

He had less than 20 yards passing the last 25 minutes of the game. Why? Because the game was out of hand and they ran the clock out. Had it been close I am pretty sure you would have been looking at 250 yards and 3 TDs.

He's not going to put up manning, rodgers, brees numbers through the air consistently because of their style and lack of WR talent. If he doesnt run his upside is Kaep'd. Pun intended!

There is no doubt that he has the physical tools, so I would imagine things will be different if/when he gets some WR help.

It's threads like this that make fantasy so easy sometimes. If you can't see unique talent in this kid, then there really is no hope for you. That said, every QB goes through periods of utter ineptitude. I remember a few games in which Peyton Manning threw 3 picks in the first quarter. I remember many games where Tom Brady looked more like Spergon Wynn than a league MVP.

Forget his running; Kaepernick is an elite passer, who, with just an average corps of receivers, would be flirting with 400 nearly every week.

Forget his running; Kaepernick is an elite passer, who, with just an average corps of receivers, would be flirting with 400 nearly every week.

Not on this team, with this style of play... You can't throw for 400 yards when you only throw 20 times a game.

Not on this team, with this style of play... You can't throw for 400 yards when you only throw 20 times a game.

With better receivers, this would not be a run-first team. Atlanta was the prototypical run-first team until Ryan emerged and they drafted Julio Jones and acquired Gonzo. In a passing league, every offense becomes a passing offense when it has the personnel to do so.

Dude throws laser.

There are times where it's probably better to have a arc to his passes.

He's no where near peak.

Agreed. I think he's running a lot of natural talent and hasn't yet learned all the nuisances of how to read defenses, anticipate throws, throw receivers open ect.

He still has tons of upside if he learns the mental side of the game.

With better receivers, this would not be a run-first team. Atlanta was the prototypical run-first team until Ryan emerged and they drafted Julio Jones and acquired Gonzo. In a passing league, every offense becomes a passing offense when it has the personnel to do so.

yeah but this year they're gonna rely heavily on the run, and their D. their schedule is weak too, they won't be caught out in too many shootouts. Not gonna be a huge year for Kap, but that's not indicative of his talent by any means. I don't think we've come close to see him peaking, he's msot definitely a start in the making. Starting threads like these after 2 off weeks is just an indication of individuals that spend too much time on this board and subsequently end up in a vicious cycle of needing more and more attention. Sad stuff...