Sign in to follow this  
pcbrown

Stephen hill or Donnie Avery off waivers

Hill, strictly for the higher ceiling.

Avery has been around. He's nothing special. He'll have a few nice games every year and be painfully average the rest of the time.

Hill is a 2nd year WR, which automatically makes him interesting. He's starting to click on some big plays with Geno Smith, who doesn't look bad at all.

12 Team PPR

Which of these would you take.

hill much bigger upside

People have forgotten that Hill is very talented, mainly because he got stuck in a crappy situation with the Sanchez-led Jets for his rookie year.

If Peyton Manning was his QB this guy would be the next Demariyus Thomas.

Geno Smith is no Peyton for sure but he's not Sanchez either.

week 1 Leonard Hankerson 25 pts (3 rec, 3 rec)

week 2 Eddie Royal 34.2 pts (3 rec, 1 rec)

week 3 Donnie Avery 21.1 pts (2 rec, 2 rec)

now in case you havent figured it out, these are the WR 2's facing the Eagles each week, notice they havent had more than 3 receptions in any other games among them

week 1 9.9 6-39

week 2 10.6 4-86

week 3 19.8 3-108 1 td

the bottom are Hill's no's during that stretch, far more consistent, and developing chemistry with Geno

Avery should stay on the wire

I just snagged both. I'm starting Avery this week as a bye week fill in, as he should absolutely shred the Giants awful defense. After that, I'm dropping him.

I grabbed Avery also, im not sure if i want to start Avery or Royal, i think im going with Royal though

It's probably crazy talk, but I'm buying into Geno and that Jets offense,

I watched two Jets games this year, the game against the Pats, Bills, and the very end of the Jets-Buccs (was switched over to it).

Brady looked like crap in the Jets-Pats game so probably the weather conditions really affected the QBs in that game, so I'm giving that one a pass.

The other two games I saw, rather the full game and the limited other game, I saw Geno gunning the ball all over the place. He has an absolute cannon for an arm, his passes are pretty much rockets, but he has touch on the deep ball too. I was very impressed.

He seems to be a talented rookie, throws INTs but bounces back really quickly. I'm thinking that the Jets offense must have really sucked because of Sanchez, so with an actual QB they might be pretty talented since they've had awhile to build it up.

I probably won't buy Geno, since I don't really have the space or need him, but Hill or Holmes I'm beginning to take seriously. A lot of people bought in on Powell. It's kind of funny, that Jets offense is pretty highly owned by percentage.