Sign in to follow this  
DrMantisToboggan

Julius Thomas value when Dreesen comes back

I think Thomas has earned his spot and it wont matter

i hope you do grass hopper

Thomas has certainly proven himself as a valuable weapon this season, and he will definitely still see alot of snaps, but this question is valid because of the loss of Clady at tackle. If Chris Clark can't hold up on the left side by himself they are going to have to bring a tight end over to help. Dreesen is a much better blocker than Thomas, so against teams with a strong pass rush, or when the Broncos want to run the ball, you might see a dip in Thomas's stats and playing time. Still, he's such a tough matchup for defenses I think they will try and use more two te sets to keep him out there as much as they can. That means taking Decker or Welker off the field though, so what do you do? It must be nice to have that much talent on offense (says the beat-down Chargers fan).

I think the typical stat line for Thomas is 4-5 catches a game for about 40-50 yards and hopefully a td. He will have a couple much bigger games than that (already had one), but on the days where he doesn't score he's not much different than many other guys at the position. The fact that he has scored in every game bodes well for future red zone looks, but is also an unrealistic pace. And I say this as a Thomas owner. The bottom line is if he gives us 700 yards and 8 TD's I think we should all be pretty happy with that. If he does better than that it's just gravy.

I think the typical stat line for Thomas is 4-5 catches a game for about 40-50 yards and hopefully a td. He will have a couple much bigger games than that (already had one), but on the days where he doesn't score he's not much different than many other guys at the position. The fact that he has scored in every game bodes well for future red zone looks, but is also an unrealistic pace. And I say this as a Thomas owner. The bottom line is if he gives us 700 yards and 8 TD's I think we should all be pretty happy with that. If he does better than that it's just gravy.

700 yards and 8 TD?

Are you kidding?

He's already at 194 yard s and 4 TD with 13 games left. That's 500 more yards and 4 TD in the remaining 13 games....

Barring injuries...that's 38 yards a game and a TD every 4 games... ouch! No one can be happy with that..

Right now..anything less than 900 yards and 10 TD rate, i'll call it failure. He's averaging 64 yards and 1.25 TD a game currently..

700 yards and 8 TD?

Are you kidding?

He's already at 194 yard s and 4 TD with 13 games left. That's 500 more yards and 4 TD in the remaining 13 games....

Barring injuries...that's 38 yards a game and a TD every 4 games... ouch! No one can be happy with that..

Right now..anything less than 900 yards and 10 TD rate, i'll call it failure. He's averaging 64 yards and 1.25 TD a game currently..

I hope you're right, and maybe it will be somewhere in the middle, but his current pace is very likely to be unsustainable and there are a lot of mouths to feed in that offense. I'll take 900 and 10 all day.

This past week:

122 yards

2 TD

Currently this season after 5 games:

359 yards

6 TD

Currently 2nd overall in TE scoring. He's no Jimmy Graham, but how can anyone be disappointed with these numbers...

Happy???

This past week:

122 yards

2 TD

359 yards

6 TD

Currently 2nd overall in TE scoring. He's no Jimmy Graham, but how can anyone be disappointed with these numbers...

Happy???

I iz

Couldn't be happier. Been on the Orange Julius Hype Train for quite a while. Even better when your FF QB is Peyton Manning, because those points are all yours.

You were guessing those would be his stats through week 6 right?

You were guessing those would be his stats through week 6 right?

Have you seen Denver's schedule? Have you been paying attention to a guy named Payton Manning? 4 more TD's LOL? They play Jax next week, he might have 8Td's locked up by then lol.

Flexing him with Jordan Cameron. Dez and Jordy with Forte. I like it. 12 team standard.

I traded him straight up for Pierre garcon bc I already have Jordan cameron... this was pre Hoyer injury but I think it should be fine.

1pt PPR and VJax in an unknown sketchy situation ... had to do something

This past week:

122 yards

2 TD

359 yards

6 TD

Happy???

I don't own Graham so I'm not "Burnt" like many who own him but I do own J.Thomas and I am happy with my sun tan!!

Lol, I knew if I checked back on this thread there'd be some posts for me to eat my words. Since I own him I'm more than happy to do that, and obviously I was underestimating the machine that is the Denver offense. I was right 2 weeks ago, when he had 4 for 40 like I was suggesting, but last week he blew up again. It sure looks like that against teams that try to take away the outside guys he's going to be a monster.