Sign in to follow this  
HOKIEZ

Is Michael Floyd worth a roster spot

12 team standard....you guys still like Floyd ROS? I have Broyles on my bench but Floyd is on the wire...who's the better bench WR?

I feel like Floyd could be on the verge of a breakout. He has been getting a ton of redzone targets and just hasn't converted yet. But the opportunities are there. I also recall reading that he has been on the field for something like 98% of the Cards offensive snaps, which is obscene.

I jumped on the Floyd hype early and drafted him in two leagues, a 14 teamer and a 10 teamer. I think he is worth rostering in both as a WR3/4 with major upside going forward. The Lions throw it all over the place, so anyone who gets snaps is worth considering, but I'd stick with Floyd for now.

In PPR I'd give Broyles some thought...but I'm not sure anyone knows how well the knee will hold up long term and I'd stick with Floyd for another few weeks.

I agree on the redzone stats and playing time. Opp is there. It could be argued Floyd is option 2.A or 2.B on Arizona behind Fitz. Him/Roberts/Ellington maybe.

Broyles is going to be well behind Calvin-Bush-Bell...possibly.

I think there' more standard TD upside with Floyd at this point.

Randy Floyd.

Before next fall you're in need of a serious attitude adjustment young man. You better get your
priorities straight. And watch out for that other crowd you're running with. Don't think I
haven't noticed. Hey, I want that piece of paper on my desk before you leave here today.
Do you hear me?

Wait that's Randy, you said Michael, my bad. ;)

I feel like Floyd could be on the verge of a breakout. He has been getting a ton of redzone targets and just hasn't converted yet. But the opportunities are there. I also recall reading that he has been on the field for something like 98% of the Cards offensive snaps, which is obscene.

I jumped on the Floyd hype early and drafted him in two leagues, a 14 teamer and a 10 teamer. I think he is worth rostering in both as a WR3/4 with major upside going forward. The Lions throw it all over the place, so anyone who gets snaps is worth considering, but I'd stick with Floyd for now.

Felt like this too, but this is about it here. Palmer looks awful back there and can't even put up grabage points

12 team standard....you guys still like Floyd ROS? I have Broyles on my bench but Floyd is on the wire...who's the better bench WR?

Good question I think a lot of people are considering. He seems to be that dude hanging on the end of the wire, just teasing you to take him, with his physical skill, single coverage, chucking QB. For now, I think I'm with you in leaning Broyles. At least until ARI cleans up that offense, in which case Floyd will probably be gone by then.

Ehh...I was very excited about him based on how he finished the season last year. But he's been waiver wire material so far this year. I think it's mainly due to Palmer, who just sucks and maybe sucks so much he's not even good for garbage time anymore.

I wouldn't go running out to add him. I guess he could have a 2TD game and then you'd be mad you didn't pick him up before that happened, but then again you wouldn't have started him anyway and I think it's unlikely he gets to being a consistent fantasy contributor this year.

I dropped him this week

Same here. I drafted Floyd thinking that he'd be a good sleeper WR pick near the end of the draft, and he'd pick up where he left off at the end of last season. But, I dropped him and picked up Justin Blackmon, who was dropped a couple of weeks ago by an impatient owner.

With Floyd, I think we've seen pretty much what he's gonna be bringing to the fantasy table this season. One good game that'll get your hopes up, followed by 2 or 3 games of 4 catches for 50 yards. Rinse, repeat. Not his fault, though. Arizona's offensive line hasn't been that great, and Palmer's been sucking.

i like floyd . but the last time i looked it takes a qb that can have the time to pass the ball to his wr . and the cards def is really bad right now . he is i think a stash but not much else at this time imo

Cards trade for Freeman?

Wouldn't be shocked. That was the talk locally 30 minutes after Freeman was benched. They see Palmer for what he is. How they didn't see it before they signed him is beyond me.