Sign in to follow this  
Go long

Mike Goodson coming off suspension next week

With the decline of good RB's does he have any value when he comes back next week for the Jets? Or is he a bum that should remain on the Wire. I really don't remember him ever doing anything in Oakland or Carolina. Just trying to jump on a sleeper.

Powell is nothing special, but he's done enough to be the starter. I'm sure Goodson will get some touches, but I can't see him taking over as a lead back without injuries. The Jets have proven they can put out a decent running game, so if you have a deep bench he could be worth a stash. But I have a tough time imagining he'd ever be someone you could start with any confidence.

Goodson has talent and has shown some nice wiggle when given the chance (6 ypc last year). Jets are in enough trouble running game wise that I think Mike Goodson has a chance to be fantasy relevant at some point this year. For everyone taking chances on Bolden and Obgonya (sp?) I'd take Goodson and stash him instead.

Could be a smart stash...

I still think it's Powell's job to lose though.

Even as a Jets fan I have no idea if he's really been around camp or learning the offense.

He's got to be behind some at least.

With the decline of good RB's does he have any value when he comes back next week for the Jets? Or is he a bum that should remain on the Wire. I really don't remember him ever doing anything in Oakland or Carolina. Just trying to jump on a sleeper.

i think he has upside . but he is a jet now

I read a couple articles right before the season started that had pegged Goodson as the starter eventually. I'm not going to search for those articles, I just remember reading it. I guess if you are desperate at RB, you could take a flier with Goodson.

Goodson >. Powell.

Ivory = brittle.

Goodson should have some good weeks, but probably won't get many weeks where he gets enough opportunity, and he also has never had a chance to prove he can handle 15+ touches per game.

Drop Montee Ball for the Goodson stash? At this point they're both long shots...

That is crazy. Ball is a rookie just learning the NFL game but he has all the tools. Goodson is talented but he's an absolute headcase. He was a headcase in college, and he's been one in the pros. Even in a redraft league he can be relied upon only to put himself in the coaches doghouse soon.

Step off the ledge sir.

I think it's a good move myself. What has Ball down this year except fumble away his chances and is now stuck in a 3-way RBBC cluster fock.