Sign in to follow this  
thesitedoc

Guy dropped Torrey Smith

Our league has position limits he was stacked at the WR position so he dropped him to grab Josh Gordon (right before me)

I know the TD's haven't been there but I am debating dropping Bowe for him. I am just having a hard time getting over the fact that I had Bowe pegged for a break out year with the supposedly pass happy offense of Andy reid and a "better" QB then Bowe has ever seen in KC.

My mind says do it but my pride is hesitant.

Smith is 3rd in yds. As many catches as Calvin Johnson. Is the #1 WR for his team now. Leading league with 20+ plays. Ravens haven't shown they are going to be able to run the ball like in the past and even if they do it probably helps him hit more on play action.

How the hell is Gordon still on the wire? How small can position limits be that these 2 guys are not on teams??? :bench:

Don't waste time -- grab him! TDs will come. Best signs are the targets and yardage, which are tremendous so far. Chiefs will never let Smith, or Smith just can't, throw downfield enough to generate yardage and TDs for Bowe. As a Spiller owner, I know how you feel about counting on a breakout from a high pick, but....

It's only an 8 team league with a bunch of friends from work so we have limited the roster size and position limits. Gordon wasn't drafted because of his two game suspension.

It's only an 8 team league with a bunch of friends from work so we have limited the roster size and position limits. Gordon wasn't drafted because of his two game suspension.

Off topic but, with 8 teams you should consider the opposite. Increase roster size and bench size.

We did that but the problem was there was little to no activity and we felt it was kind of boring that way. We also limit the number of add/drops you can do in a season to try and spur on trades and keep things busy in the league.

When we had expanded rosters and benches there were about 2 years when exactly 0 trades happened. Seemed a little dull that way.

I'm going to withhold all comments on the likely size/quality of your league :)

We already know it's a great league, so no need to add on.

8 man teams should be banned completely from society. Man and I thought 10 man teams were bad.

But I get it, a harmless friends and family league these generally are.

Off topic but, with 8 teams you should consider the opposite. Increase roster size and bench size.

My eight team league has a two player bench. Ridiculous, I know, but so is assuming every good player must be drafted in all leagues.

8 man teams should be banned completely from society. Man and I thought 10 man teams were bad.

But I get it, a harmless friends and family league these generally are.

Most leagues start at least 8 men. I'm sure almost every league rosters more than 8 men. My league for example has 14 man teams (2 more if you count the IR spots) (There are also 24 teams in the league)

The most fun league I am in is an 8 man league. We do the short bench thing too, and it is hell of fun but its a good group of guys with fun trash talk and above average FF management generally. Lots of points, lots of good players available, plenty of trades.

My 12 team leagues are the stagnant ones.

No problem with an 8 team league. In fact it is quite fun being able to start a stud at each position and quite a challenge deciding which 2nd level player to start.

But we aren't real men in this league since we can't play with the big boys in 12 team and 14 team leagues and we define ourselves/manhood by the size of the league we play in.

:shocking: :shocking: