Sign in to follow this  
Breesman32

Time to drop MJD now

Gabbert does not care about no one but himself. Its obvious now, MJD has to be a supporting cast member to Gabbert. There are plenty of Pierre Thomases out there for the jags type of offense.

Decent stat line today but the Jags are in full-on tank mode. I thought somebody was going to get fired when Blackmon caught that long TD to go up 7-0.

• Like 1

The Jags have to be insanely stupid to keep MJD past trade deadlines right?

He's gotta be as good as gone.

Only reason I'm holding on to him.

The Jags have to be insanely stupid to keep MJD past trade deadlines right?

He's gotta be as good as gone.

Only reason I'm holding on to him.

I don't think there's really a hot trade market for recently-injured RBs nearing their 30s with lots of tread on their tires. Jags would do well to get a 5th rounder for him IMO.

But an extra 5th round pick is better than nothing.

For teams that are all in this season, MJD is a big asset.

I think teams like Broncos, Saints, and Patriots would love to have MJD added to their RB depth for the playoff run, especially if the asking price is a late round pick.

I think teams like Broncos, Saints, and Patriots would love to have MJD added to their RB depth for the playoff run, especially if the asking price is a late round pick.

Pleas don't mention the Broncos...There are enough rb's over there. Can you imagine a 4 rbbc system there? Please no...

If the Broncos wanted a back like MJD, they would have just kept McGahee.

He's got a brutal schedule coming up too. Barring an unlikely trade, he's pretty useless.

I don't think there's really a hot trade market for recently-injured RBs nearing their 30s with lots of tread on their tires. Jags would do well to get a 5th rounder for him IMO.

I agree. and for the minimal return they get they will get the fan base mad for 'mailing it in'.

they will hang onto him unless they get at least a second round pick. I dont see any offers like that forthcoming.

Had Newton as my second QB, got an offer to trade him for MJD. Turned that down, took McFadden instead. Figure six weeks of McFadden (not counting the five weeks he will probably miss) is better than eleven weeks of MJD.

Just traded him with Colston for Sjax to the Julio Jones owner. Probably the best thing I could've gotten for him, now to flip Sjax for a better wr

Got offered McFadden/Santana moss for him today. JAX schedule is pretty tough coming up and raiders with Pryor can actually benefit McFadden. Obviously he is injury prone but I am just happy to get rid of MJD. What a waste of a pick.

I am not surprised.

I've had bad luck in the past with RB's whose career went down the toilet due to the dreaded Lisfranc surgery.

Cadillac Williams

Ronnie Brown

Kevin Jones

these are three players of note who had the injury and were never the same afterwards.

Ronnie Brown was a concensus top 3 RB prior to his injury and fell off the face of the earth for a year or two and came back. he is now a backup, but not a starter. Cadillac Williams took 2 years to recover and was not as good upon his return and eventually left the league. Kevin Jones wasnt as successful with his comeback attempt.

some would argue DMC fits into the same category, but his injury was not as severe (no surgery required) and he showed much of the same ability upon his return. His issue since has been with other injuries.

Quite often this injury is misdiagnosed as either Turf Toe or an ankle sprain so I am sure there are other RB's who have been affected by the same injury without public knowledge.

the general rule of thumb with this type of injury:

if it needs surgery, stay away from the player.

This especially goes for the RB position. QB's are not affected as much as they dont run with the football 15+ times per game like a RB will.

Other players affected by this injury last year:

Demarco Murray

Santonio Holmes

Cedric Benson

Matt Schaub

Basically the Lisfranc refers to an area in the foot where a number of Ligamends intersect along with some bones. a player is most likely to get the injury if they are on the ground and someone steps on the foot, but you can get the injury if someone steps on the foot while you are standing or running as well, but that is less likely.

this injury affects the ankle strength and your ability to turn and cut and will hinder your burst.

of note: LeVeon bell had this injury too, but it did not require surgery, so my expectation is that due to his youth and the less serious nature of the injury, he will probably be fine. It would not surprise me if he is more prone to Turf Toe in the future, but that is another matter.

I dropped him in a 12 teamer last week.

How many roster spots?

I commish a 12 Teamer and there are no starting RBs on the WW (ex. B Jacobs), so I find this hard to believe.