Sign in to follow this  
JohnD.

Andre Ellington

Some coaches just don't get it.

See CJ Spiller at Buffalo. He was awesome 2 years back with them...but all of a sudden, it disappeared in their playbook.

Arians probably thinks that he needs to have Mendy to take some of the inside pounding that Ellington won't be able to in order to be in better shape across the entire game.

With respect to the screen pass, many teams don't use them as often because they don't work for their offensive scheme. The screen is great if you have a vertical passing game and the defense is coming at you hard. You let them come up field with their rush and dump it off.

There are plenty of teams that don't run play action well, because the defense does not fear the run. It is not like every team can run every type of scheme and be successful.

Shorts has been a target monster, even with Blackmon playing. They got up early on TN courtesy of turnovers and ineptness, and they ran the ball with some level of skill. Well, they had 30 carries at least. This won't happen with regularity from here in, as they'll go back to their usual custom of coming from behind in 3rd and 4th quarter garbage time.

Shorts has been a target monster, even with Blackmon playing. They got up early on TN courtesy of turnovers and ineptness, and they ran the ball with some level of skill. Well, they had 30 carries at least. This won't happen with regularity from here in, as they'll go back to their usual custom of coming from behind in 3rd and 4th quarter garbage time.

Yeah. Thanks. I see value in Ellington...just not sure he's a better RB 2 than P. Thomas or SJax def for me....or a better .5 PPR flex than any WR I have (Shorts-Roddy-Dobson)

I think my starting lineup has the most upside with 4 WRs .5 PPR and rolling Bush at RB 1 and P. Thoms-Sjax at RB 2.

Thinking of the obvious path in this kid's situation, it could be a couple things.

Firstly, sometimes coaches get a bad rap with their supposed intentions and plans for any particular player, in the fantasy world, when all they are doing is being secretive in view of the competition. That last game may very well have been Mendenhall's last chance and swan song as a Cardinal. Well, in any sort of worthwhile role I should say. Maybe the coaches just wanted to give it one last look, in view of their investment. If upon game's end Arians had it in his mind to feature Ellington in a significant role from here on out, it wouldn't do him any good to announce intentions to a leering team press corps.

Secondly, he could be an arrogant f*cking idiot. I'm not particularly high on Ellington, but it's obvious he gives that team a weapon it lacks with Mendy.

Arians seems to be getting kinda crushed for this but I say cut him some slack.

At least he didn't turn and turn the Colts into a ball control running team.

Maybe Arians thinks Ellington wouldn't be as effective touching the ball 30 times a game? Maybe he's worried about durability issues? I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation and he may even be right in it

Maybe Arians thinks Ellington wouldn't be as effective touching the ball 30 times a game? Maybe he's worried about durability issues? I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation and he may even be right in it

Yeah I hear you, and the kid was never purported serve as a three-down back. But he has surprised in that role when given the chance. In any event, watching Mendenhall plod along in a 50/50 split must be maddening for Cards fans. That fourth quarter cough up of the football by Mendy, in the shadow of their own end zone no less, should have found him buried on the bench this game alone.

Just like Todd Haley and Jamaal Charles?

Most coaches don't want their backs touching the ball 30 times. But 13 times is pretty low.....especially when the guy went crazy when you gave him 20 touches.

As an Ellington owner, I just wanna see 15 touches every week. He'll never be a solid RB2 at that rate, but he'd be a solid flex guaranteed 80 yards.