Sign in to follow this  
touchdowntwitaker

Drop Cecil Shorts?

Injury looks to be severely painful which will prob limit the rest of his year or atleast keep him from being effective the next 3 or 4 weeks.

What are you doing with him?

One does not simply drop a Cecil Shorts. --- Stash him on the bench if he's injured. Henne sucks, but he sucks less than Gabbert. With Henne throwing the ball, Blackmon and Shorts are more than viable weekly starters. I don't see him being ineffective for 3 or 4 weeks. He's a tough kid. He's also a great route runner and fights for the ball. Can't wait to see what he and Blackmon do next season with Bridgewater throwing them the ball.

I really really don't want to drop him but someone just inexplicably cut James Jones (I guess he was concerned about the injury). I'm thinking about dropping shorts or Colston for Jones. He figures to see an increase in his workload now that Cobb is out.

please don't drop your shorts

• Like 1

Keep your shorts ON. This is a guy who prior to last week was on pace for 1300 receiving yards. Should be back strong in 2 weeks after their bye. Blackmon will draw coverage away from him. Should get lots of garbage time points.

Updating a previous item, Cecil Shorts (questionable, clavicle) told reporters Friday he "plans to play" in Week 7 against San Diego.

And it sounds like the Jaguars are leaving Shorts' availability up to him. "Im sure once the adrenaline kicks in, Ill play ball and deal it," said Shorts. "It's something I have to fight through." The matchup with San Diego's weak pass defense is enticing, but it's very difficult to trust Shorts' health. Shorts was in so much pain mid-week that he had trouble going to sleep.

I'm leaving my shorts on the bench this week, but this is good news. I just hope he doesn't push it too much and aggravate his injury.

He was dropped in my league along with Bowe. I already have Calvin, Cruz, Wayne and Gordon so not much use for them, but was still shocked to see these guys on the wire.

I had to drop him. Didn't want had to but to get a WR in the lineup this week who is playing and healthy, and literally had no one else I could drop, and I agree with OP that this could linger. JMO.

You are fantasy mud.

You are fantasy mud.

Shorts was in so much pain mid-week that he had trouble going to sleep. Could barely raise his arm over his head. It's his clavicle, pretty good chance on getting hit there more than once. I guess we will see. I cant risk it.

No chance I start the guy if given ANY alternatives...and that includes the wire. You can't risk it.

No chance I drop the guy. He might still be leading the league in targets.

Injury looks to be severely painful which will prob limit the rest of his year or atleast keep him from being effective the next 3 or 4 weeks.

What are you doing with him?

i think if he was on any of my teams . i would keep him . for a few more weeks see how he is doing .

Pain? They have shots for that. Joint is stable from what I read

Guys who want to drop obviously don't know much about injuries. I can see dropping Cobb or Wilson, but not Shorts.

If you drop him he will get scooped instantly....which tells you he should not be cut

Yep, Shorts is on target to start along with Blackmon today. I'm planning to plug and play PPR flex with my Shorts today. Woo!

Shorts just came loose on the waiver wire in my league...seriously considering dropping Bowe to pick him up...non PPR, would you guys make that move?

Shorts just came loose on the waiver wire in my league...seriously considering dropping Bowe to pick him up...non PPR, would you guys make that move?

Hell yes.

Run, not walk to your computer and pick up Shorts.

Duh.