Sign in to follow this  
R8RMick

Why are the Cowboys passing on first down?

They are averaging five yards a carry, yet Garrett can't help but show everybody what an offensive guru he is. Forget the idiot owner, this team will NEVER win anything with this coach. Today, I'd be wanting to give my defense a break.

Look up the win-loss record for when a Cowboy team has a rusher hit 100 yards and/or 20 carries.

correlation =/= causation.

and while i would like to see more runs, remember that the offense is being called by callahan, not garrett.

Passing on first is what the Cowboys did best when they were champions in the 90s. But Emmit would then get them 5 yards on 2nd down if they got nothing on 1st down. Now, it's just pass, run, pass, punt.

i think another issue is the opponent. DAL has now played 4 of the top 5 offenses in the league, and i think there might be a developing bunker mentality that you have to score every possession.

but (dare i say it) the defense is stepping up in a big way this week. if that becomes a trend, then ball control and field position becomes a much more viable option.

i think another issue is the opponent. DAL has now played 4 of the top 5 offenses in the league, and i think there might be a developing bunker mentality that you have to score every possession.

it has been that way for several seasons....no new mentality here. :wall:

correlation =/= causation.

and while i would like to see more runs, remember that the offense is being called by callahan, not garrett.

My gosh I would hope that Garrett at least sets the game plan, or has Clownie neutered him that much? Just cannot see a team abandoning the running game when LEADING by seven points. With a some runs mixed in on that last drive, they run a few more minutes off that clock.

My gosh I would hope that Garrett at least sets the game plan, or has Clownie neutered him that much? Just cannot see a team abandoning the running game when LEADING by seven points. With a some runs mixed in on that last drive, they run a few more minutes off that clock.

Game planning takes place early in the week. And early this week, the gameplan had to be based on a high scoring affair. Playcalling is a different animal.

It's the cowboys, unless they are spoonfed a victory they will do their best to keep it dramatic and not simply out coach their way to victory when they are in control.

Game planning takes place early in the week. And early this week, the gameplan had to be based on a high scoring affair. Playcalling is a different animal.

Good point, but you more than anyone knows this is a much better team when they run the football with a purpose. Hey you still tending bar across the street from the Death Star?

Good point, but you more than anyone knows this is a much better team when they run the football with a purpose. Hey you still tending bar across the street from the Death Star?

nah--remember the gang shooting in arlington 2 years ago? that happened about 20' away from our front door, and 3' from my car. no BS--the FD hosed blood off my car. decided that i wasn't making enough money to deal with that kind of thing.

and i do agree with you--we definitely need to run the ball more. just once, i'd love to see a run-run-run-punt drive.

at least that would be progress!

:overhead:

Randle popped one run for 12 yards, another later in the game for 6. Other than that the rest of his carries never made it past 4 yards. They were throwing bcoz they would rather put the game in Romo's hands than a 5th round rookie back up rb - pretty simple really.