Sign in to follow this  
nearbyatom

Bad season - What to do rest of the way?

What would you do if you had a terrible season and will not be making the playoffs?

Try to play spoiler? Have a fire sale? Stop paying attention?

If it's a keeper league, try to build for next year. If it's a redraft league, then try to play spoiler. Don't be a d!ck and have a fire sale or stop paying attention. Nobody likes that guy. Do your friends a solid and keep it competitive.

Idea for next year: make a rule that the person who comes in last place or has the least points has to host a draft party, or buy the winner a case of beer, etc. Then the teams near the bottom are playing for something.

• Like 1

I hate fockin quitters.

Work the WW. Field your best lineup every week and play spoiler.

It's not really fair to the rest of the league to give up, dump players or hold a fire sale.

Idea for next year: make a rule that the person who comes in last place or has the least points has to host a draft party.

Love this idea.

Guess it depends on what sort of league you are in and what your team is comprised of. I see guys in dynasty leagues try every year to win the league with a group of aging players on their last legs. In those instances, they end up trading away those guys to a contender for draft picks. It works for both sides. I have lost two Championship games because of jackarses having firesales and literally giving away players, so that's not cool at all. At this time of the year, most real contenders are willing to part with more younger players or draft picks for a shot at the title. Try taking advantage of that if you are in a dynasty. If it's a redraft, and you are out of it, that pretty much sucks. In redrafts, I don't dump my players if I'm losing. It's an unfair advantage to the guys who worked hard to put together a solid roster the right way. I just deal with it and start planning on next season.

You can actually probably still make the playoffs if you go on a run now, especially depending on your playoff system. Maybe not if you're 0-8, and you're on life support at 2-6, but you have 6 more games left in most leagues, and usually 8-6 gets you in and sometimes 7-7 even.

You can actually probably still make the playoffs if you go on a run now, especially depending on your playoff system. Maybe not if you're 0-8, and you're on life support at 2-6, but you have 6 more games left in most leagues, and usually 8-6 gets you in and sometimes 7-7 even.

This. I started 0-5 and have bounced back to 3-5. I am heavily favored to win this week too since opponent has half his team on bye.

Don't give up just yet.

What would you do if you had a terrible season and will not be making the playoffs?

Play spoiler. Try to fock with a few people down the stretch by handing them a loss they were not expecting. Set your lineups for maximum boom potential without regard to your players' potential for busting.

Idea for next year: make a rule that the person who comes in last place or has the least points has to host a draft party, or buy the winner a case of beer, etc. Then the teams near the bottom are playing for something.

Thanks for the idea. Love it.

Keep fighting to the end. Never give up. Play the waiver wire. Explore trades. Do whatever even if its the final week and I am eliminated.

Thats a trait of many successful athletes and others in life. Never give up and do your best at all times.

• Like 1

Keep fighting to the end. Never give up. Play the waiver wire. Explore trades. Do whatever even if its the final week and I am eliminated.

Thats a trait of many successful athletes and others in life. Never give up and do your best at all times.

I don't know this guy at all, but I do know one thing: He is either successful already or well on his way - at life, fantasy football, or anything else he gets passionate about. :first:

• Like 1

unless you're 0-8 or something, go kick some ass.. why give in? I was 0-6 last year and ran ten straight stealing the final podium spot from the commish, it was so worth it and I had nothing to lose

load for bear and fire both barrels dude.