Sign in to follow this  
mbfsu7

Doug Martin

Anyone hanging on to him? Not much of a chance at all he actually comes back, right? Update says he'll need surgery.

Just a terrible coach that simply don't understand how the game is played in the professional level.

They Bucs are 0-8 with nothing to play for but get plenty for NOT showing up on Sundays (lottery pick).

They should just let Martin get his surgery and prepare for next season. Schiano is jeopardizing the future to save his job.

Just a terrible coach that simply don't understand how the game is played in the professional level.

They Bucs are 0-8 with nothing to play for but get plenty for NOT showing up on Sundays (lottery pick).

They should just let Martin get his surgery and prepare for next season. Schiano is jeopardizing the future to save his job.

This^. Especially since there appears to be little drop-off between Martin and his back-up James. Let James do the heavy lifting, get some valuable experience, and have Martin get the surgery and be ready as early as possible to get it going next year. Unbelievable, it's border-line criminal, certainly reckless and absolutely negligent.

I dropped him last week. Even if he does come back I don't want to deal with it. I'm hoping somebody picks him up with the hopes of him actually doing something and then I get to play them in the first round.

If you're in a keeper, you weigh the price of a roster spot for next year's value. Re-draft I personally can't see where they don't send him under the knife since even the idiot has admitted it is necessary. At some point ownership needs to step in,unless they have their own agendas well.

I'm in a 3 player keeper league. I probably will hang with him.

I am trading him this week. I can't afford to hang onto him and I already have some wasted space hanging onto Julio Jones in a 1 keeper league. :dunno:

Anyone hanging on to him? Not much of a chance at all he actually comes back, right? Update says he'll need surgery.

he is done .. why would a team at 0-8 risk it

I am thinking he is done, but I can't afford to lose a RB, so I have him and James on one of my teams, and the roster spot is killing me. I had to drop a player I really hated to drop (Clay TE, I have Julius Thomas, but still) to do some roster moves. I am kind of kicking myself for it now....Even if he did come back, it would probably be a super RBBC, and he wouldn't be worth it ...

Rotoworld:

"Bucs placed RB Doug Martin on injured reserve with torn labrum in his shoulder, ending his season."

Looks like Mike James is the man. I seriously hope they do not run Schiano just yet. Part of the early season appeal of Martin was the certainty of a heavy workload under Schiano, and his average of 23 carries a game before he got hurt attested to that. If James is in for any sort of similar workload he is going to be fantasy gold down the stretch with a schedule very favorable to RB's.

This also frees up a very valuable roster spot for me, good news all around.