Sign in to follow this  
rvolpe21

week 11 waiver wire

I'm holding Heath Miller as my TE .5 PPR and he isn't appealing anymore.

You guys like Housler or Walker as a better option for the week?

I typically want to stay away from Thursday and with Floyd maybe out I'm leaning Housler.

I do think he has a bit more risk. Walker seems to have some consistency to him.

Picked up walker; clay is maddening with his inconsistency. Was also thinking of Carlson.

There is a second Waiver Day on Saturday . That's when players dropped on Wed. clear. Who else waits for this day ? You can sometimes find some bargains here . For example, someone dropped Chicago D in my league today and they clear Saturday .

• Like 1

There is a second Waiver Day on Saturday . That's when players dropped on Wed. clear. Who else waits for this day ? You can sometimes find some bargains here . For example, someone dropped Chicago D in my league today and they clear Saturday .

same in my league they dropped chi. D & they clear fri.

should we grab em ? i'm rollen w/ az now

Bears WLB Lance Briggs (shoulder) said he expects to beat his 4-6 week timetable.
Briggs separated his shoulder in Week 7. "The way injuries go, the doctors said I'm supposed to be out 4-6 weeks," he said. "I feel more like I'll be out 2-3 (weeks). We'll meet somewhere in the middle." Even with their All-Pro Briggs, the Bears defense was ranked 27th in yards allowed per game and 29th in points. Aaron Rodgers and Eddie Lacy are going to have a feast on Monday night. Oct 30 - 9:06 AM

got you beat, someone in my league dropped Aaron Rodgers today, and I am sitting with the 3rd waiver pick being the Brees and Manning owners

as far as the Romo owners are concerned, I would go with Keenum not only this week, but every other week, after watching that garbage the Cowboys displayed last week. Romo is crap, he will have huge games like vs Denver, but will put some major duds up

What's Ingrams value in a standard league?

I'm holding lotto tickets : Ball, Helu and Hunter.

Need to cut one for a kicker....but should I cut another for Ingram?

He may see more base carries than either Ball, Hunter or Helu on a weekly basis moving forward....but also has a very tough schedule.

I also think he has the least upside if injury were to happen ahead of him.

Thoughts? Standard not PPR.

Time again for the waiver bid report. This will probably be my last one of the season as bid prices dropped significantly in all but a few leagues. For most owners, the roster back-filling is fairly complete as most rosterable players have already been claimed. Neither I nor my leaguemates were nearly as active in most of my leagues.

BTW, leagues 1, 3, 4, and 6 have $1000 annual waiver budgets while league 5 has a $100 budget and league 2 has a priority waiver system.

League 1 - 12 team 18 player PPR re-draft: this is the only league where I'm out of the play-off race, so now i play the rose of spoiler. I only added S Holmes for $11, dropping B Powell. Other owners had money to spend and they did. B Leonard went for a whopping $380 while B Rainey went for only $80. Rashard Matthews cost $100 and Ingram commanded $33. That was all other than light bidding mainly for defenses and kickers.

League 2 - 12 team 17 player PPR re-draft:: In the priority waiver league, I again latched on to Santonio Holmes after he cleared waiver claims, this time dropping T Williams.

League 3 - I did no bidding myself - I've got only one transaction left of the 30 we are allotted in this league, but I watched Keenum go for $155. Rashard Matthews and Hopkins both went for $101, and Bobby Rainey sold for $57.

League 4 - 12 team, roster 20 (plus devy squad and IR) PPR: Here I was the most active owner in the league, claiming B Rainey for my developmental taxi squad for $109. and dropping Foster to IR. I also picked up T Underwood for $28 and D Walker for $11 while dropping Celek. The only other bids were for two TEs: GB's Bostic went for $258 and BUFF TE Chris Gragg sold for $235. both were overbids IMHO. Meanwhile, b leonard was claimed for free by another owner after blind bids were finished.

League 5 - 12 team roster 22 PPR: there was virtually no bidding in this league, with the highest bid being a $5 bid for a D/ST (against a $100 budget). I mamaged to reclaim Boykin for $3 while dropping L Brazill.

League 6: - 10 team Std scoring deep keeper with 20 player rosters: I was virtually inactive again this week, but i did manage to claim Leonard fro free after bids were opened and Rainey went for a staggering $392. Other bids of note were Boykin and Rashard Matthews for $61 each, and Keenum for $44.

With limited budgets and most rosters pretty well set, there will be fewer interesting waiver pick-ups the rest of the season. I'll move on to the chore of adding multiple defenses that will see me through the play-offs with great match-ups. I've begun that already in a few leagues, and will be continuing to add multiple defenses that can help my team. But i don't think that continuing the waiver bid report will be all that interesting the rest of the way out.

For those of you who are in leagues that don't use a blind bid waiver system, hopefully I may have convinced a few of you to talk your leaguemates into giving it a try. Once they adopt the system, they will almost surely find it so interesting and fun that they will never go back to priority waivers.

Redraft: Foles and Romo owner. Is it safe to cut Vick? I just did for Santonio Holmes.

Rivers is 93% owned and probably not on the ww for anyone else here

He's obviously a keeper

Grammar

Rivers is a top 5 QB... how the hell is he on the wire in any remotely competitive league?

Maybe he should grab Stafford off the wire too.

I renew my "Da Fuq?"

Because he's the Jet's #1 WR and there is not much else at WR out on the WW at this point.

ya I picked up Holmes... he will be targeted a lot

With Stevie Johnson doubtful and Woods out, Goodwin is looking more and more like a sneaky play.....with very high upside.