Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

It's great that Grambling - Ga Southern is on

Gives us a chance to see african-americans play football. I must say that they are not very good at it.

I hope they air the Grambling-Ga Southern basketball game. That will answer more questions.

UPDATE: just saw african-americans playing football in a different game that was MUCH BETTER. Must have been because of the few european-americans that were also playing.

UPDATE: just saw african-americans playing football in a different game that was MUCH BETTER. Must have been because of the few european-americans that were also playing.

Naw.

:lol:

i guess watching black college football must be really confusing since we're all supposed to be genetically able to play, right?

i guess watching black college football must be really confusing since we're all supposed to be genetically able to play, right?

90% of the NFL is black. I'm confused why this is a big deal. :dunno:

I'll stick to the all-white Ivy League games.

90% of the NFL is black. I'm confused why this is a big deal. :dunno:

I'll stick to the all-white Ivy League games.

why is what a big deal?? what does the percentage of black people in the nfl have to do with what i wrote??

i was jokingly responding to timmy's tongue in cheek remarks about black athletes. i guess you didn't get it:

Gives us a chance to see african-americans play football. I must say that they are not very good at it.

I hope they air the Grambling-Ga Southern basketball game. That will answer more questions.

The most confusing part to me is why it is on TV. :dunno:

why is what a big deal?? what does the percentage of black people in the nfl have to do with what i wrote??

I'm confused as to why there is even a thread about black college football when blacks outnumber whites in football nearly 10 to 1.

A better question or discussion would be the percentage of blacks who play football that graduate from college with degrees. I'm sure it's not 10 to 1.

ETA: That is not meant to be a racist remark in any way. I'm saying that to spark discussion about the inequity that exists between blacks and whites when it comes to college completion.

tiki, you're taking this way too seriously.

i thought timmy was making a very funny statement.

for all the darn blacks playing nfl football you'd think you'd see some damn good football if you watched two black college teams playing each other.

it was funnier when he said, maybe i need to watch black college basketball to clear things up.

it's like, surely the basketball players must be good. the entire dang on nba is black.

i was then noting that, "yeah, you'd think all blacks could play and that there is a genetic element to it, but that is not the case."

there was nothing more going on in my mind other than that. you're taking it farther my friend.

it's all good though.

tiki, you're taking this way too seriously.

Maybe.

It wasn't that long ago the Grambling football team walked out on the university for it's lack of attention to detail to the football program.

I'm confused as to why there is even a thread about black college football when blacks outnumber whites in football nearly 10 to 1.

It wasn't that long ago the Grambling football team walked out on the university for it's lack of attention to detail to the football program.

The racial makeup of the NFL in 2013 is 66% black, 31% white. That's a little more than 2 to 1.

The % of black players in NCAA football surpassed that of whites in 2010. In the power conferences, rosters in 2012/13 are 57% black.

Attention to detail is important.

The racial makeup of the NFL in 2013 is 66% black, 31% white. That's a little more than 2 to 1.

The % of black players in NCAA football surpassed that of whites in 2010. In the power conferences, rosters in 2012/13 are 57% black.

Attention to detail is important.

Nice research, JT.

Need to broadcast the MIT - Cal Tech game........... to be fair to asian americans an all

Need to broadcast the MIT - Cal Tech game........... to be fair to asian americans an all

The most confusing part to me is why it is on TV. :dunno:

The battle of the bands at halftime is what the majority of alumni tell me.

The battle of the bands at halftime is what the majority of alumni tell me.

100% true. it's the only reason i've ever gone to a black college game.

Fact (I just learned this): In order to play their annual rivalry at Thanksgiving, Grambling and Southern forfeit the possibility of playing for the National Championship.