Sign in to follow this  
Third Down Blitz

McCown/Cutler

Anyone else going with the McCown/Cutler combo down the stretch? Their schedule is absolute money. I picked them up in 3 of my 4 leagues and will be starting them over Wilson in one, and RGIII in two others.

Grabbed them both as well for stretch run as compliments to Romo.....both have dream playoff matchups. In Trestman's offense and those weapons both Cutler & Mccown are VERY solid starts ROS....whichever is starting. Though not sure I am rolling out Cutler the first week of my playoffs after he has been out a month.

Anyone else going with the McCown/Cutler combo down the stretch? Their schedule is absolute money. I picked them up in 3 of my 4 leagues and will be starting them over Wilson in one, and RGIII in two others.

on one of my teams i am going with mccown vs viks this week .

McGowan is still available but do I cut luck to pick him up?

Dalton is my back up and I like his schedule too, especially week 16 if I need it.

So, luck or mccown?

Be careful to drop McCown for Luck and then to have McCown replaced by Cutler next week. You'd lose in the long-term.

I wouldn't drop Luck. If you've got Ryan, Wilson (schedule down the stretch is brutal) or RGIII, I would consider it. Especially if you can pick up both McCown and Cutler.

I have him on 3 teams that will make the playoffs. Cutler is one roster, but in the other 2 other people have Cutler. I'm covered with Russell Wilson and Nick Foles, so I'm fine.

when is cutler coming back? seems like it might still be another week or 2.

was thinking about grabbing him just to keep another playoff team from having him as I have brady.

Jay Cutler indicated Monday that he hasn't gained medical clearance yet.

Advice: Cutler is truly questionable for next Monday night's game against the Cowboys. He ran on a treadmill Monday and is hoping he doesn't feel any "ill effects" from that. If cleared, he'll practice Thursday and try to prove to coaches that he's mobile enough to take back his starting job. Ideally, fantasy owners will practice a handcuff strategy, rostering both Cutler and red-hot backup Josh McCown. No matter who starts, owners would have a top-10 option on their hands.

- Rotoworld

I just picked up Cutler/McCown combo - and also have Romo.......what say you on who I should be starting.....Chi QB or Romo ? Palmer and Ryan also on the ww.

I have to chose between Cutler, RGIII and Fitzpatrick. On paper RGIII vs the Chiefs is a bad matchup, but I'm starting to believe this may not be true. Fitzpatrick vs Broncos should equal some garbage time stats. I also had McCown who I just dropped for Cutler.

The biggest problem is the uncertainty of Cutler, coupled with the fact that it's Monday night. If I knew for sure that Cutler wasn't coming back, my choice would be McCown. If I knew for sure that Cutler was healthy, my choice would probably be Cutler. But I normally don't start a player returning from a multi-week injury his first game back. Cutler and his groin issue a few weeks back is a prime example of why. I understand he also got an ankle injury that game, but he was clearly less effective prior to that because of the lingering groin problems.

As it currently stands, I have absofockinglutely idea who I'm starting. :doh:

Yeah I have to choose between RGIII, Ryan and McCown. Would go McCown all the way except then I'm screwed if Cutler plays since the Bears game is on Monday night. :(