Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Madden Cover Curse may hit Andrew Luck

There are only 2 curses I believe in. The city of Cleveland with professional sports and the Madden Cover Curse. I read an article stating Andrew Luck may be on the cover of Madden. As my keeper player, I rushed to ESPN.com to vote against him winning. Right now he is losing to Cam Newton by 4%. If you are a Luck owner or a Colts fan, you better get your azz on the site and vote against him. Listed below are pass winners for those of you who might doubt the Madden Cover Curse is real.

Don't believe in curses? The evidence speaks for itself:

-- In 2001, Daunte Culpepper struggled with nearly as many touchdowns as interceptions (14 TDs, 13 INTs).

-- In 2002, Marshall Faulk played in a career-low 11 games.

-- In 2003, Michael Vick broke his leg.

-- In 2005, Donovan McNabb tore his ACL and played in just 10 games.

-- In 2006, Shaun Alexander saw his TD production plummet from 28 to seven.

-- In 2007, Vince Young threw 17 interceptions.

-- In 2008, Brett Favre, playing for the Jets, finished the year with 22 interceptions.

-- In 2011, Peyton Hillis... Well, Peyton Hillis.

-- In 2012, Calvin Johnson scored just five touchdowns after scoring 16 the year before.

Here is a link with more Madden Curse in detail.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-madden-curse/#!Q4gZb

Sounds stupid but this is something to pay attention to. Not only do I fear the Madden Curse, I've lived it.... several times.

Madden cover not LUCKy. :thumbsdown:

I have heard it's between Cam Newton and Richard Sherman. Pick Sherman for the cover!!

I don't know if I'll buy the game if they put Sherman's ugly mug on the cover. That's one ugly dude.

I don't know if I'll buy the game if they put Sherman's ugly mug on the cover. That's one ugly dude.

Well I don't typically get in arguments over other dudes' look, but...

http://www.theroot.com/content/dam/theroot/articles/culture/2014/01/richard_sherman_s_dad_refuses_to_take_advantage_of_his_son_s_wealth/465898885-richard-sherman-of-the-seattle-seahawks-addresses-the.jpg.CROP.rtstoryvar-large.jpg

Looks like a regular dude to me :dunno:

OK, you convinced me. I am not superstitious. But if Andrew Luck is on Madden's cover, I will avoid him on all my drafts!

makes sense that Sherman is on the cover and he regresses this year.

guys, there is no curse anymore, its been lifted. Calvin setting the recieving record kind of ends it. I used to be a firm believer but lately its just been grasping at old straws.